The longest walk you've done to a ground

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

southend statto
First Team Star

Jan 5, 2018, 4:22 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #51 of 62 (5759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotchkiss] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Re-visiting my earlier post, I checked with Google and it gave me the following mileages:
Shoreham-by-Sea station to Steyning Town FC - 5.8 miles;
Harlington station to Barton Rovers FC - 4.6 miles;
Wickford station to Ramsden FC - 3.5 miles;
Didcot Parkway station to Milton United FC - 3.5 miles;
Kelvedon station to Coggeshall Town FC - 2.9 miles (thought this was longer!)
I may have walked other long distances. Will have to jog my memory.

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 22, 2018, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Peterborough Sports

Post #52 of 62 (4916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotchkiss] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I did mine yesterday around 6 mile from Peterborough to Yaxley there was also a fella who passed me on his bike who was at the game who I saw pre match. Nice walk all but last few minutes was via a pavement

In Reply To
My brother who is a keen cyclist used to ground hop on his bike.Setting off early morning and getting back late at night.Some of his day trips included Northwich,Knighton,Cinderford,Buckingham,Matlock and Buxton.All from Birmingham and back in one day.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

May 16, 2018, 3:16 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #53 of 62 (4485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Did that walk a few times Jim back home from Doncaster. 25quid in a taxi or just shy of 4 hours walking? No brainer for me!
Longest walk was not football but rugby league. Halifax to Whitehaven. 110 miles. Achy

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Lily White
Junior Team Regular

May 28, 2018, 3:50 PM

Team(s): Dover Athletic

Post #54 of 62 (4140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Probably the 11 miles from Crabble to Cheriton Road, Folkestone.
Mind you, a Tranmere fan walked all the way here this season, only to find the game postponed due to a downpour a few hours before kick off! 297 miles.

The Willows
Junior Team Sub

May 29, 2018, 7:45 PM

Post #55 of 62 (4051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lily White] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

About 5 and half miles, from Tel Aviv Beach to Ramat Gan Stadium.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Jun 2, 2018, 12:32 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #56 of 62 (3907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Willows] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Kings Cross to Wembley late at night / early morning to queue for FA Cup final replay tickets in 1983 (Man u v Brighton). Went to the first game courtesy of a Man U following mate who won 2 separate raffles for tickets and kindly let me have one at face value.
We decided to get to Wembley early to get replay tickets at they went on sale at 9 am on the Sunday. The tube stopped just gone midnight, we had got to Kings Cross and the system shut for the night. So we walked arriving about 4 am. We queued and got our tickets, and went home. Slight problem, I could not get away from work on time to attend so ended up selling my ticket to a colleague for a, Ahem, ‘Slight’ profit.
Frustrating at the time, but I look back now and laugh.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 2, 2018, 8:25 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #57 of 62 (3857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I got mine by catching an early train to Wembley the next morning. The person next to me in the queue had just got off the night train after the Scottish cup final

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Jun 2, 2018, 10:37 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #58 of 62 (3806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We went overnight to get to the front of the queue, and it worked, we were very close to it. I remember a massive 70 or so a side game taking place in the car park when we rolled up at silly o clock in the morning. It was between Man U and Brighton fans and was played in great spirit with the police looking on and one of the officers volunteering to ref!
That is a good effort by the bloke who came down from Scotland, top marks.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 18, 2018, 10:32 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #59 of 62 (3541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Two lads have just cycled 2,400 miles from Emsworth to Volgograd...

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/...d-cup-game-1-8536852

...to watch England v. Tunisia, raising over £2,000 for the Bobby Moore Cancer Research Fund.

Well done to them.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2018, 1:51 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #60 of 62 (3502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I realise it isn't quite the same sort of thing, but I couldn't think where else to post this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/...all-ground-challenge

...about a Spurs fan called Chris Cowlin from Chelmsford, who has run around the touchline at all 92 league grounds in twelve days, starting at Wembley and finishing at Colchester.

In doing so, he has raised £15,000 for the Willow Foundation charity.

Rob North
First Team Star

Jun 30, 2018, 10:41 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #61 of 62 (3056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, but did he touch both crossbars at each ground?

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Jul 1, 2018, 7:51 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #62 of 62 (2952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] The longest walk you've done to a ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yes, but did he touch both crossbars at each ground?

Surely it only counts if corner flags in place and all four touched.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3