Southern League programmes

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Jan 9, 2017, 12:58 PM

Team(s): non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #1 of 8 (2368 views)
Shortcut
Southern League programmes Can't Post or Reply Privately

Judging by the 3rd post down from the ex editor of the Hayes and Yeading programme it seems like there could be changes regarding rules on programmes in the Southern League
http://www.hayesandyeadingunited.co.uk/...c.php?f=4&t=3771

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 9, 2017, 8:25 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 8 (2254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Southern League programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What are the current rules, if any, regarding programmes in this league?
I am not aware of it being compulsory to issue in this league, unlike the Isthmian League.

acmold

Jan 9, 2017, 9:29 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Southern League programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Standardised rules down to step 6 apply at present?.

Certainly there seems to be more people questioning the requirement this season. Only this weekend there was one on Twitter about issuing in Welsh football at lower levels and the lack of sales.

Do think the 100 page magazine type programme at higher levels has run it's course and clubs should think about retuning to a 12 / 16 A5 programme for quid.

At lower levels if you have to issue you should be allowed to produce a good quality teamsheet. ie properly printed on headed type card.

Eat 10 a day, you know it makes sense.

kirby knitters

Jan 9, 2017, 11:14 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4 of 8 (2180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Southern League programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spot on regarding lower levels and i could go on all night giving reasons why but it's been well documented on here and most disagree so i won't!

stingray
First Team Star

Jan 10, 2017, 2:54 PM

Team(s): Leighton Town, other local sides

Post #5 of 8 (2081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Southern League programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Standardised rules down to step 6 apply at present?.

Certainly there seems to be more people questioning the requirement this season. Only this weekend there was one on Twitter about issuing in Welsh football at lower levels and the lack of sales.

Do think the 100 page magazine type programme at higher levels has run it's course and clubs should think about retuning to a 12 / 16 A5 programme for quid.

At lower levels if you have to issue you should be allowed to produce a good quality teamsheet. ie properly printed on headed type card.

At Southern League level, a 32 page black and white (with colour cover and occasional colour inserts) is more than sufficient. No reason for any club, even in the Conference to waste money trying to outdo the OED in size and volume.

A good approach is to do what Crawley Green have done for ages (and Biggleswade United) also do. A static outer shell with adverts and club info, and anything directly related to the game in question (fixtures, results, line-ups and League news) on a removable typed insert which shouldn't cost much to redo in the event of a postponement.

2016/17 stats.
287 goals in 84 games, 732.10 spent.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Jan 10, 2017, 3:01 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #6 of 8 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stingray] Southern League programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A good approach is to do what Crawley Green have done for ages (and Biggleswade United) also do. A static outer shell with adverts and club info, and anything directly related to the game in question (fixtures, results, line-ups and League news) on a removable typed insert which shouldn't cost much to redo in the event of a postponement.

This has been standard practice for years outside the top two divisions of rugby union. I can't understand why so few non-league football clubs put their programmes together this way. Is it a stigma thing? Are issues of this type seen as somehow less valid? Interestingly, in rugby union, even at lower levels, programmes appear to be alive and well. Possibly because this (presumably much cheaper) approach is adopted. Given the size of some outer shells I've come across, the clubs must do pretty well out of advertising sales.

Sporting (and other) images at https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Ground/Venue Totals:
Football 870; Rugby Union 229; Rugby League 197; Cricket 60; Speedway 51; Stock Cars 24; Ice Hockey 15; Grasstrack 13; Cycle Speedway 4; Greyhounds 2.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Jan 10, 2017, 3:20 PM)

Jamesy1926
Junior Team Star

Jan 11, 2017, 8:49 AM

Team(s): Cardiff Met Uni FC, Fiorentina

Post #7 of 8 (1912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Southern League programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A lot of the Welsh League prgrammes have adopted this format and also allow entry by programme which I quite like.

AFC Llwydcoed charged 3 on saturday using the entry by prgramme method although the gentleman selling the programmes tried to charge me an additional 3 when I asked for an extra programme!

I think every club in the Welsh Cup has to issue a programme and also maybe the FAW Trophy although I might be wrong.

http://www.casadelcalcio.com

gcnc

Jan 11, 2017, 9:04 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #8 of 8 (1772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesy1926] Southern League programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think every club in the Welsh Cup has to issue a programme and also maybe the FAW Trophy although I might be wrong.

According to the rules for both competitions, that is correct. The rule is not enforced by the FAW however, and so if the club doesn't normally issue for a League game they probably won't for a Cup or Trophy game. This makes FAW Trophy programmes quite rare.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3