Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
LED Perimeter Systems

Cleeve
Youth Team Regular

Dec 22, 2016, 8:10 PM

Post #1 of 21 (4509 views)
Shortcut
LED Perimeter Systems Can't Post or Reply Privately

Am I the only person who has a problem with flashing, moving, high-intensity advertising occurring while play is taking place?
To my dismay, my club has finally succumbed to the lure of the bright lights. As a consequence, I am now very reluctant to spend 25+ to watch an advertising show with the silhouettes of players running around in front of it. And how do managers, who are watching from pitch level, actually concentrate on the game?
Or am I just getting old, and grumpy?

Eastbourne
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 22, 2016, 8:20 PM

Team(s): Chelsea,Eastbourne clubs

Post #2 of 21 (4502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cleeve] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Am I the only person who has a problem with flashing, moving, high-intensity advertising occurring while play is taking place?
To my dismay, my club has finally succumbed to the lure of the bright lights. As a consequence, I am now very reluctant to spend 25+ to watch an advertising show with the silhouettes of players running around in front of it. And how do managers, who are watching from pitch level, actually concentrate on the game?

Probably

But seriously this had been around for several years, why do you only bring it up now, you must have been to grounds before with it.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 22, 2016, 8:31 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 21 (4491 views)
Shortcut

Cannot stand it, very distracting esp that fecking black dog(?).

Needs stopping, cannot believe it doesn't dstract player.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Cleeve
Youth Team Regular

Dec 22, 2016, 8:42 PM

Post #4 of 21 (4484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Eastbourne] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I raised it now because I haven't had to suffer it too much to date in the Championship games I attend (Ashton Gate and clubs in the south east). It's annoyed me for a long time, even on the TV when the cameras are at a shallow angle to the pitch. Just wondered if I had missed previous discussions.

acmold

Dec 22, 2016, 9:45 PM

Post #5 of 21 (4458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cleeve] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or

It distracts me on TV if the adverts at a game in the UK are not in English. Likewise an overseas game that has really British adverts. I know that is due to TV coverage. The one with a car down the pitch can be distracting.

mip

Dec 22, 2016, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #6 of 21 (4458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Cannot stand it, very distracting esp that fecking black dog(?).

Needs stopping, cannot believe it doesn't dstract player.

It does https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=15oXfnya5cE

dottirofhod

Dec 22, 2016, 10:00 PM

Post #7 of 21 (4445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hilarious mip , just prefer the Peterborough steward pass.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

jon b
First Team Star

Dec 22, 2016, 10:45 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #8 of 21 (4428 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Nope, it's totally annoying.

Makes you wonder what clubs will put up with next for a few dollars more.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Dec 23, 2016, 8:52 AM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #9 of 21 (4361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Likewise an overseas game that has really British adverts

This can sometimes be due to British ads super-imposed over local ones on the TV.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 23, 2016, 10:15 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #10 of 21 (4335 views)
Shortcut

I can't say that they bother me. I find them as easy to ignore as static hoardings. Even when I do notice them I seldom understand what they are advertising anyway. I'm a bit of an advertiser's nightmare really. That dog gets me though. It's far to realistic. Dogs should be banned from all football grounds, even pretend ones. Wink

sandhurstbee

Dec 23, 2016, 11:53 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #11 of 21 (4313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I saw a clip from Bayern Munich`s Bundesliga game v RB Leipzig on Wednesday when the Bayern player turned and played the ball to Father Christmas running down the wing!

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 23, 2016, 11:58 AM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #12 of 21 (4309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely it's only a matter of time before everyone watching on TV sees different pitchside adverts depending on their location/interests/browsing history, like the ads that pop up on websites.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

dottirofhod

Dec 23, 2016, 12:09 PM

Post #13 of 21 (4300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That was the link from mip in post 6, unfortunately n/a from that link on my phone. Its out there on youtube Barry.

sandhurstbee

Dec 23, 2016, 12:20 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #14 of 21 (4293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I knew I had seen it somewhere Hod, think it appeared on Facebook. Hilarious but not surprising. Maybe Father Xmas should have been dressed in Green so there was no colour clash on the pitch?

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Dec 23, 2016, 12:54 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #15 of 21 (4283 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Hated them when they were first introduced at Bolton and they drew a lot of complaints. In a similar vein to yourself, it had a big negative effect on my enjoyment of the games, and even more so given that my season ticket is behind the goal so quite often the ball would get 'lost' at the other end if there was an advert that featured a white background.

Since then, however, the club listened to the complaints and over time have tweaked the brightness of the boards along with the brightness of the floodlights along with installing a new set of LED boards and thankfully for me - though less so for the advertisers - I barely notice the moving adverts any more.

Cleeve
Youth Team Regular

Dec 23, 2016, 1:58 PM

Post #16 of 21 (4266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Hated them when they were first introduced at Bolton and they drew a lot of complaints. In a similar vein to yourself, it had a big negative effect on my enjoyment of the games, and even more so given that my season ticket is behind the goal so quite often the ball would get 'lost' at the other end if there was an advert that featured a white background.

Since then, however, the club listened to the complaints and over time have tweaked the brightness of the boards along with the brightness of the floodlights along with installing a new set of LED boards and thankfully for me - though less so for the advertisers - I barely notice the moving adverts any more.

That's very encouraging. I wonder if that's happened elsewhere.

mip

Dec 23, 2016, 4:38 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #17 of 21 (4229 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
That was the link from mip in post 6, unfortunately n/a from that link on my phone. Its out there on youtube Barry.

Now at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw7JO9uBJq0

Good overlapping run by Santa. Smile

miswell
Reserve Team Star

Jan 3, 2017, 3:46 PM

Team(s): Aylesbury Utd, Tring Athletic, Watford

Post #18 of 21 (3843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At Watford we now have LED ads facing the crowd as well Unsure

jon b
First Team Star

Jan 3, 2017, 7:25 PM

Post #19 of 21 (3791 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I can't say that they bother me. I find them as easy to ignore as static hoardings. Even when I do notice them I seldom understand what they are advertising anyway. I'm a bit of an advertiser's nightmare really. That dog gets me though. It's far to realistic. Dogs should be banned from all football grounds, even pretend ones. Wink

Reminds me of Peter Kay's routine about his TV watching all now being at "times 30". In like fashion, anything I watch on commercial channels I record and very, very, very, very fast forward through the adverts.

Presumably, it's one of the reasons advertisers are desperate enough to try the LED pitch side stuff to force you to take notice of their crap. Crazy

scottywalds
First Team Star

Jan 3, 2017, 7:52 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #20 of 21 (3775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Presumably, it's one of the reasons advertisers are desperate enough to try the LED pitch side stuff to force you to take notice of their crap. Crazy

Yes, it's called marketing.

jon b
First Team Star

Jan 4, 2017, 6:35 AM

Post #21 of 21 (3707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] LED Perimeter Systems [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, it's called marketing.

I've got lots of other descriptions of it. Cool

Anyway, no doubt future advances in tech will include ways of filtering such crap out of our viewing. Tongue

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3