Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Non League Projections - 2017/2018

First page Previous page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next page Last page  View All

markust
Youth Team Star

Jun 11, 2017, 3:13 PM

Post #701 of 711 (7028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

That's an awful decision. They're doing all this reorganisation to redress the North/South imbalance, but the three leagues that can supply teams to do this all have 7-8 teams that have a realistic chance of winning the league (NL/NWCL/NCEL). That means the chances of these leagues supplying a second place team with a high PPG are much lower than leagues elsewhere.

-- Are you suggesting a point in either the NL/NWCL/NCEL is worth 1.1 or 1.2 as an Index value over and above a league elsewhere because you 'think' those leagues are 'stronger'?
Now that would be an awful theory to even validate let alone implicate upon the rest of the leagues.

PPG is the only fair method and, from what I understand of its use in the past, readily accepted across the Pyramid.

Not at all. I'm saying that this whole reorganisation is supposed to be about redressing the North/South balance, and it's happening at a time where all three of the most Northerly divisions are really competitive at the top.

That's not to say elsewhere the leagues are of less value, it's just there's an opportunity of fixing the balance that's not being taken, and actually the proposed rulebook has a fair chance of making it worse.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 11, 2017, 3:28 PM

Post #702 of 711 (7009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markust] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not at all. I'm saying that this whole reorganisation is supposed to be about redressing the North/South balance, and it's happening at a time where all three of the most Northerly divisions are really competitive at the top.

And a time when the four most Southerly leagues are equally competitive at the top...

markust
Youth Team Star

Jun 11, 2017, 3:33 PM

Post #703 of 711 (6993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

And a time when the four most Southerly leagues are equally competitive at the top...

And that's fine. But what I'm saying is this is supposed to be about redressing the balance. Imagine a not too far fetched scenario, where the Northern League and NCEL both miss out on second spot, and the NWCFL promotes their most southerly team in second (Hanley). That would be a disaster in terms of what this reorganisation is supposed to be about.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 11, 2017, 3:35 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #704 of 711 (6991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Surely this whole reorganisation is primarily about reducing travel demands across the board at steps 3 and 4, thus encouraging all clubs to make the move up by reducing one of the biggest obstacles. The redress of the north/south imbalance would still be a by-product of that, though, as Northern League clubs in particular would finally move on upwards. So correcting that imbalance will probably still be achieved over time but not in one fell swoop.

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 24, 2017, 8:58 AM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #705 of 711 (6085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzafan] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

To clear up the confusion re. the name of the new Step 7 league in the Teesside area, I have emailed the North Riding FA. Their Governance Administrator replied confirming it will be called The North Riding Football League.

equal
Junior Team Regular

Aug 13, 2017, 2:40 PM

Post #706 of 711 (5067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzafan] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Here it is: http://goo.gl/t7dNP8

Maps are here also:

Step 1: http://goo.gl/X1hoSw
Step 2: http://goo.gl/jwcPDe
Step 3: http://goo.gl/FBjpQG
Step 4: http://goo.gl/ZsDXMm
Step 5: http://goo.gl/24pPdz
Step 6: http://goo.gl/S6okoJ

The Step 7 map will follow at some point. Takes me a while to do that one. They're bound to be errors, so please let me know. Any new grounds for next season also would be greatful.

I love these maps, love looking at these maps, I don't want to sound like a pain (because I like/love these maps) but can AFC Diamonds be shown playing at (Hayden Road) Rushden, as playing there. Thanks, maps ace, ace.

(This post was edited by equal on Aug 13, 2017, 2:41 PM)

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 16, 2017, 4:46 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #707 of 711 (4590 views)
Shortcut

Brilliant work - I always appreciate this thread.
Just to point out two amendments for Sheet 2, Step 7 -
Greenwood Meadows in the Central Midlands South and
Southall Reserves in the Middlesex haven't started 2017/2018.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 16, 2017, 6:05 PM

Post #708 of 711 (4571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [equal] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I don't want to sound like a pain (because I like/love these maps) but can AFC Diamonds be shown playing at (Hayden Road) Rushden, as playing there?

Yes. They played there on Saturday, a few weeks earlier than expected.

(This post was edited by Mr. T on Aug 16, 2017, 6:06 PM)

equal
Junior Team Regular

Aug 16, 2017, 6:39 PM

Post #709 of 711 (4552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I don't want to sound like a pain (because I like/love these maps) but can AFC Diamonds be shown playing at (Hayden Road) Rushden, as playing there?

Yes. They played there on Saturday, a few weeks earlier than expected.

Yes great work from volunteers in new league, like Northumbrian says brilliant work on this thread, I always love this thread, because it's ace, ace/excellent, I don't want to sound like a pain, because I love this thread, but on the map it has Diamonds at wrong location.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 16, 2017, 7:53 PM

Post #710 of 711 (4528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [equal] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I read your post as "Can AFC Diamonds be shown playing at (Hayden Road) Rushden when they haven't moved there yet".

DarkSithLord
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 17, 2017, 9:07 AM

Team(s): Alfreton Town

Post #711 of 711 (4311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] Non League Projections - 2017/2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Brilliant work - I always appreciate this thread.
Just to point out two amendments for Sheet 2, Step 7 -
Greenwood Meadows in the Central Midlands South and
Southall Reserves in the Middlesex haven't started 2017/2018.

Greenwood Meadows have folded without kicking a ball this season.

"the force is strong with this one"

First page Previous page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3