INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Rolling stock updates

robert1988
Youth Team Star

Sep 7, 2016, 12:52 AM

Team(s): Grantham Town, Manchester City, Rangers, The New Saints, Knighton Town.

Post #1 of 3 (1536 views)
Shortcut
Rolling stock updates Can't Post or

GWR has started to receive the new class 387 from Bombardier. They currently have 4 units that are in service now. Does this mean the class 165s and 166s can be moved west and replace the 8 remaining pacer trains ASAP. Would they want to keep hold of the pacers until the end of 2019 or cascade them to Wales to help strengthen Valley Line services for 3 years. Yes we know the pacers have to be scrapped at the end of 2019.
Abellio Greater Anglia are replacing their entire fleet in 2020. I read somewhere that it would take too long to refurbish the current fleet to disability law requirements in that time so new stock was the option they chose. However some of their fleet is ok, class 150s and 153s.
Grand Central are taking the 180s from GWR. so all their fleet is 180, their HST sets are going, maybe to Scotland.
Does anyone have an idea as to where the Northern class 323s and most of the Trans Pennine 185s and the ten 350s are going at the end of their leases? I assume the 323s and the 350s are going to London Midland because of the Chase line and Bromsgrove electrification.
Also does anyone know where the 4 hull Trains 180s are going once they get their new class 800s?
East Midlands trains would order new electric trains to use between London and Sheffield by 2023 for the Midland Mainline electrification. I think what would happen will result in; HSTs, 153s and 156s to be cascaded. The 158s to be moved on the routes used by the 153 and 156. Plus the class 222 to be used on Liverpool Norwich services.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 7, 2016, 7:50 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #2 of 3 (1430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robert1988] Rolling stock updates [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Perhaps enquire on here:

http://www.railforums.co.uk/

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 7, 2016, 9:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Rolling stock updates [In reply to] Can't Post or

I understand the "new" Great Western (or what ever it is called at moment) trains that were going to be electric are now going to be dual mode as much of the electrification will not be finished in time and in some cases it is still a very long way off.

Think at the moment only two bits of the Western main is live for testing, the bit to the west of London and Reading to Didcot. In some places no sign of anything happening.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3