Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
TV reception question

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Aug 23, 2016, 7:58 AM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #1 of 5 (1284 views)
Shortcut
TV reception question Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have bt home hub through an aerial. It seems every time a high pressure or hot weather comes I start losing reception on some channels.
It seems to be at the beginning of the high pressure and before the hot weather arrives and generally early morning.
Any explanation?

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2016, 9:22 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matty] TV reception question [In reply to] Can't Post or

High pressure does effect TV reception, I have a BT box and despite it having a manual tune it does sometimes re-tune itself. If you have this problem check in the 800's on the EPG what quite often happens is the box re-tunes and picks up a different transmitter than the one you usually use and place your normal transmitter in the 800's. Or look at the Radio Stations and see which local Radio Stations you have if you have extra ones it's tuned in a different transmitter. In recent weather around here a number of boxes have done this and ended up with Anglia / East in the opening slots. In fact my Uncles had picked up three other transmitters due to high pressure. Boxes tune from 21 to 68 / 69 and the first BBC1 they come across they put into slot one. Some do give a message before the re-tune has finished that asks you if the correct transmitter is tuned but many including BT don't.

I think there is a retune today by the BBC to change a number of their channels that had been allocated to the Olympics.

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Aug 23, 2016, 10:45 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] TV reception question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers

Yes I had the problem of it moving to the 800's lose East Mids gain Yorkshire - no sarky comments I spent half my life in each.

It seems to start with non BBC radio channels, then rest of the radio, then non BBC TV channels.
Decamped to next room, no hub, no problem.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2016, 12:54 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matty] TV reception question [In reply to] Can't Post or

When Channels go into the 800's they tend to go in Mux order not EPG order. The hub should not effect the signal. By moving to another room even if you use the same aerial it can vary the signal. To get East Midlands back look up online to see the wavelengths for Yorkshire and East Midlands I'm sure find Yorkshire will be lower ie nearer 21 than East Midlands. Then do a retune but without the aerial in then when you get near the East Midlands wavelengths pop it back in. Also see if on your box you if you can set it to manual retune only.

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Aug 23, 2016, 1:07 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] TV reception question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Again thanks for the advice.
I' m going to plug in the wireless!?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3