Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Sexy cricket grounds in the Matlock area

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jul 16, 2016, 12:44 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2214 views)
Shortcut
Sexy cricket grounds in the Matlock area Can't Post or

I will be staying in Crich in Derbyshire for a few days from August 3 and will be at Staveley MW's FA Cup tie on the Saturday.
Can anybody suggest a decent standard cricket match in the area for before and after the football? I know nothing of cricket in the area so any info gratefully received.
Either an old works ground in a town or an idyllic country ground will do nicely. If it's a top of the table game, all the better!!

Rob North
First Team Star

Jul 17, 2016, 8:41 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #2 of 5 (1983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Sexy cricket grounds in the Matlock area [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The ground in Belper looked quite decent when we stayed near there in 2012. I believe Belper Meadows CC play there.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2016, 10:43 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] Sexy cricket grounds in the Matlock area [In reply to] Can't Post or

Cheers. What is he top Saturday league in the area?
Any info gratefully received
Ta

noprogs
First Team Star

Jul 19, 2016, 3:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 5 (1452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Sexy cricket grounds in the Matlock area [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think the Derbyshire Premier League is the top local one, although looking at the list of teams they mostly seem to be in the south of the county, although it does include Chesterfield which I guess is the one used for county matches and is known as a scenic ground.
I think one level below is the Derbyshire and Yorkshire League which looks to be set nearer Crich. I visited Hathersage in the Hope Valley football and this was especially scenic - I think the facilities were shared with cricket but my memory may be wrong.
This league's website only has limited fixtures that week, maybe arrange on a monthly basis. There should be plenty of scenic choice in that league.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jul 24, 2016, 4:57 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Sexy cricket grounds in the Matlock area [In reply to] Can't Post or

Cheers all. I shall investigate and then see who Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed yoof are playing in the morning as a back up in case it rains.
Tried to make sense of the relevant websites to check U18 fixtures but gave up.
Have now discarded Mansfield yoof as it is a 100 mile round trip but either Sheffields before Staveley would be good

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3