Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Most Saturdays you've attended football on

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 28, 2016, 9:18 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #51 of 60 (6611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My name is Hoddy and I am a die hard hopper.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 67 / 57 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 16 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

acmold

Jul 28, 2016, 10:24 PM

Post #52 of 60 (6548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or

Well seasoned Hoppers aren't they the ones on a Groundhop coach on the last day of a hop.

Thought we are all Loonies or we used to be. Sure Leo was once.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 28, 2016, 10:42 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #53 of 60 (6527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Is a die-hard hopper the same as a seasoned one?

I guess die-hards are a step above (or is that below) a seasoned one.

Not sure if they are invited to weddings.

I think it depends on whether or not you have any Fun Lovin Criminal records.

prorege

Jul 29, 2016, 8:15 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #54 of 60 (6335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Being a die-hard is surely a phase. It's a time when attending football is approaching the be-all and end-all of life.

Most people grow out of this and become seasoned. They have other active interests, apart from football.

How's this for a hopping spectrum? All just for fun, of course.

Random - attends lots of games (50 games per season / 10 new grounds)
Novice - starts to keep lists. May buy a stopwatch. Takes notebook to games. (100 / 50)
Enthusiast - makes efforts to complete things. Might buy one of these clicky-counter things. (150 / 100)
Die Hard - ticks beginning to take over life. Characterised by divorce and / or relationship problems (150 / 140)
Extreme - Now free of family commitments, seeks out the most obscure and far-flung ticks. (150 / 140)
Obsessive - ticks, crowds and programmes have taken over life. People start to think you are very odd. Personal hygiene problems may emerge. (200 / 190)
Mature - More Laid-back approach to programmes / ticks, relationships start to recover (100 / 50)
Seasoned - Other interests now rival football in importance (70 / 20)
Institutionalised - alternative route for the obsessive who doesn't mature properly (0 / 0)
Deceased

mxhornet
First Team Star

Jul 29, 2016, 9:06 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #55 of 60 (6317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think that makes me a somewhere between seasoned and random, with 49 games last season and 11 new grounds. Football has pretty much always played second fiddle to running for me.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Tim

Jul 29, 2016, 9:22 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #56 of 60 (6311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Enthusiast, but no stopwatch, notebook or clicky-counter thing.

acmold

Jul 29, 2016, 4:30 PM

Post #57 of 60 (6184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Enthusiast, but no stopwatch, notebook or clicky-counter thing.

Ditto.

When once checking in to my lodgings at a Hop a couple of other travels remarked I had rather a large bag for one or two nights, the bag they referring to was the one containing my toiletries. When they saw my overnight bag they were amazed maybe even stunned as I had more cloths in it than they possessed in their whole "wardrobe".

intheshire
Youth Team Regular

Jul 30, 2016, 12:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #58 of 60 (5771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also random with a bit of novice thrown in. Last season's figures were 40/21 and this year's likely to be a bit higher as I'll be free on more Saturdays.

No notebook or the like at games, just my keys, phone and wallet!

Instagram: JBattheground
www.instagram.com/JBattheground

Last Ground (228): King George's Field, Corinthian-Casuals (to watch Kingstonian v Bishop's Stortford)

2019-20 - 14 games, 14 new grounds

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 29, 2016, 5:27 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #59 of 60 (5271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [intheshire] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm happy to anounce that August 2016 is the first month where I've managed to attend football on every Saturday of the month since April 2009, seven years and four months ago. Now THAT is what you can achieve by getting a new job!! Smile

Back in April 2009 I was still working every Saturday, but was in a job where I was able to sneak off for a couple of hours, usually to watch Abingdons Town or United play.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 29, 2016, 5:29 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #60 of 60 (5268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Fewest Saturdays you've missed in a month [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
April 2009.

The month I joined this forum! Blush

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3