Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Olympic Stadium move makes Hammers BIG-6/7 members?

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

May 11, 2016, 12:04 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #1 of 2 (1832 views)
Shortcut
Olympic Stadium move makes Hammers BIG-6/7 members? Can't Post or Reply Privately

With The Manchester duo, Gunners, Chelsea and arguably Spurs & possibly Liverpool, will Hammers' Olympic Stadium move induct them hereon into becoming regulars in an expanded big6 or big7 subgrouping within the PL?

The impressive 50,000 season ticket sell out & craftily negotiated stadium contract might imply that La Brady et al have the combined nous to get the club up onto the big stage. To me, it seems all they really need now is to guarantee a steady stream of homegrown talents, savvy transfer acquisition and a Manager/Coach of some impressive guile, all on the footballing side.

Do they have all the pieces in place with Bilic and backroom (the latter about whom I know little)?

Professional cretin.

007Dale
First Team Star

May 11, 2016, 3:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] Olympic Stadium move makes Hammers BIG-6/7 members? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't think so, crowds aren't everything as Sunderland and Newcastle have proved this season.

Leicester of course won the league with only 11th highest league attendance.

I actually think this move may backfire in the future, lost non-match day revenue, Sharing non-ticket match day revenue and the atmosphere is going to be much worse.

They've also sold no end of season tickets at very low prices (not a bad thing) but if you're only going to 5 or 6 matches a season, may as well by a season ticket - bet they'll be masses of empty seats when the smaller teams arrive.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3