Did I offend?

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Mar 9, 2016, 6:18 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #1 of 3 (7243 views)
Shortcut
Did I offend? Can't Post or Reply Privately

My apologies if, in posting an obit to George Martin this morning, I somehow offended.
I do appreciate that, unless he was a scheming inside-forward in his Fleet Air Arm days, his direct links to footy are tenuous, but I would argue that as part of the pop/sport culture that brought us, for example George Best as the 'fifth beatle' a brief notice to the man's passing (as in death, not as in midfield ability) was appropriate.

More surprised not to have been informed that the post was to be removed - should I have been? What's the procedure on post removal?
Were there complaints or just an editorial decision?

Cheers David

steve walker
Administrator

Mar 9, 2016, 8:55 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (7207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Did I offend? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have no idea, I didn't see your post.

The Obituaries section on this, a football forum, is generally limited to football people so I'm guessing that is why the thread was deleted. 'Celebrity' deaths are a regular occurrence and are well covered in other areas of the interweb so I think having our section here for the passing of people that may not get the same level of press coverage is entirely appropriate and respectful.

There is no "procedure on post removal" as such. Most of the posts that are removed are spam, it's rare for anything else to be deleted so obviously I can't ask the Mods to notify that a post is being removed.

You certainly haven't offended anyone, it's just a matter of keeping the forum content on topic I would presume.

Cheers.... Steve

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 10, 2016, 1:28 PM

Post #3 of 3 (7104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Did I offend? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Deaths of people not connected to football are sometimes posted in the non football section. I think a thread in that section would be welcome.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3