INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
18 new national stations to launch on DAB

robert1988
Youth Team Star

Feb 17, 2016, 2:07 PM

Team(s): Grantham Town, Manchester City, Rangers, The New Saints, Knighton Town.

Post #1 of 7 (2578 views)
Shortcut
18 new national stations to launch on DAB Can't Post or

http://www.radio-now.co.uk/...station-list-dab.htm
I have only just found out about these after a retune I just did.
I hope talksport2 provides us with a good alternative game at the weekend like league 1 or 2 or conference. I wonder if this station is 24hrs, unlike 5 live extra.
A couple of the new talk stations look interesting, one of them if 24hr business and financial news.
Jazz FM makes a come back.
The station I am looking forward to listening to again is Virgin Radio.

CND67
First Team Star

Feb 17, 2016, 3:13 PM

Team(s): Wolverhampton Wanderers & England

Post #2 of 7 (2541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robert1988] 18 new national stations to launch on DAB [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sounds interesting, will these automatically be available on my DAB radio or will I need to do some sort of re-tune?

Last New Ground: Bamber Bridge
Grounds Visited: 1,149

robert1988
Youth Team Star

Feb 17, 2016, 3:50 PM

Team(s): Grantham Town, Manchester City, Rangers, The New Saints, Knighton Town.

Post #3 of 7 (2522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CND67] 18 new national stations to launch on DAB [In reply to] Can't Post or

The stations are on air now, but temporarily while they are doing tests.
Sound waves is a testing station, all you hear are waves, they are temporary just like bird song.

Eastbourne
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 17, 2016, 4:12 PM

Team(s): Chelsea,Eastbourne clubs

Post #4 of 7 (2506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robert1988] 18 new national stations to launch on DAB [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
http://www.radio-now.co.uk/...station-list-dab.htm
I have only just found out about these after a retune I just did.
I hope talksport2 provides us with a good alternative game at the weekend like league 1 or 2 or conference. I wonder if this station is 24hrs, unlike 5 live extra.
A couple of the new talk stations look interesting, one of them if 24hr business and financial news.
Jazz FM makes a come back.
The station I am looking forward to listening to again is Virgin Radio.

I would suggest that 5 live extra does not operate 24 hours a day as there is not much sport on in Britain throughout the night.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Feb 17, 2016, 8:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 7 (2444 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Oh dear. I had the misfortune to listen to Talksport on Sunday for part of the Arsenal-Leicester game. It appeared to be mostly an advert for a certain betting company, interspersed with commentary of a football match.

If this is the direction we are going thanks to the government's antipathy to the BBC, then heaven help us.

CND67
First Team Star

Feb 20, 2016, 10:45 AM

Team(s): Wolverhampton Wanderers & England

Post #6 of 7 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] 18 new national stations to launch on DAB [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Oh dear. I had the misfortune to listen to Talksport on Sunday for part of the Arsenal-Leicester game. It appeared to be mostly an advert for a certain betting company, interspersed with commentary of a football match.

If this is the direction we are going thanks to the government's antipathy to the BBC, then heaven help us.

Add to this the puerile nonsense that comes out of Stan Collymore's mouth and you have the worse football commentary possible!

Last New Ground: Bamber Bridge
Grounds Visited: 1,149

robert1988
Youth Team Star

Feb 21, 2016, 1:31 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CND67] 18 new national stations to launch on DAB [In reply to] Can't Post or

Apart from that Villa and the Peterborough fan that commentates on talksport. I think they are better than 5 live. They don't have a motto that says a club has the right to win the league or be in top 4.
Talksport 2 would change its name to Talksport xtra in the next few years I think.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3