Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Help needed from somebody close to Colindale

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jan 20, 2016, 4:37 PM

Post #1 of 3 (890 views)
Shortcut
Help needed from somebody close to Colindale Can't Post or

Ladies and gents, I am in need of some help to locate a single rugby result which will be the final piece in a 5,000 piece jigsaw. I have the result of every first XV match Taunton RFC have played since they began in 1875 apart from one!!
My good friend Splodge of this manor confirms that the relevant newspaper needed to research this is not available on line which leaves either Colindale or 'oop North as to the whereabouts.
The game was a friendly on a Sunday between Bournemouth and Taunton on September 9 1979 and Bournemouth won.
Should anybody be visiting the archives could I ask a favour and could they check the Dorset Echo or any other relevant papers to see if the result is there?
Success will be gratefully received and the perpetrator will be named and thanked in the introduction of the history which will be published in the autumn!
Many thanks in advance

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Jan 20, 2016, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #2 of 3 (807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Help needed from somebody close to Colindale [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have you asked Dorset County Archives to see if they will do the search for you?

I only ask as in my line of book research, I had to find a similar item of minutiae and the archive staff (albeit this was Cumbria not Dorset) were mustard in helping, and happy that their expertise and resources were being called upon to assist a researcher.

After all, that is part of their employment (and more enjoyable than endless cataloguing!)

I can't guarantee success, and you may have to pay a small fee (1 ish) for their time, but it's worth an ask.

Good luck!

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jan 20, 2016, 10:22 PM

Post #3 of 3 (773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Help needed from somebody close to Colindale [In reply to] Can't Post or

Cheers mate. It's worth a shout. All my old research on previous works was dne either here in Somerset at the various paper archives, or at Colindale.
I work for the local paper here in Taunton which is in the same group as the Dorset paper and I may call in a favour or even take a wander down to Bournemouth myself.
Not the worst place to visit. Meanwhile if Colindale is still open......

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3