Limit on loan signings?

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Jan 7, 2016, 1:14 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City, Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #1 of 9 (2246 views)
Shortcut
Limit on loan signings? Can't Post or Reply Privately

I see York City have signed up Hendrie from Burnley on loan.

I think that's their 11th or 12th loan signing this season to date.

I know you can only have 5 loaneees in a squad at any one time, but is there a limit on the number of loan signings a club can make during a season?

One could understand YCFC's use of the loan system if they had had a crazy injury crisis, but it seems more to be a case that the new(ish) manager, Jackie MacNamara (last of Dundee United) either can't or wont do what his job entails and manage the staff he inherited (and so must have known about), preferring to hire in a bunch (6 to date, I believe) of U21 and youth players who presumably aren't so ready to question the coach's "wisdom"

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 7, 2016, 1:24 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 9 (2239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Limit on loan signings? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't know the answer to your question but he seems to be following the blueprint that Micky Adams followed in last January's transfer window, one which took Tranmere from probable safety to relegation from League 2.

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 7, 2016, 2:07 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #3 of 9 (2222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Limit on loan signings? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

How about having a limit on the number of players a club can have out on loan at a time?

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 7, 2016, 2:11 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4 of 9 (2219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Limit on loan signings? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How about having a limit on the number of players a club can have out on loan at a time?

At the beginning of December Chelsea had 30+ players out at other clubs.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 7, 2016, 2:51 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #5 of 9 (2190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Limit on loan signings? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blackpool won promotion to the PL on the back of loanees. If there is a limit on the number of loanees a club can sign per season then there should also be a limit on the number a club can loan out per season. This might stop the big clubs from buying players just to stop those players going to rival clubs. The drawback to this is players not playing matches, but that is what the reserve leagues were for.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 7, 2016, 5:35 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #6 of 9 (2156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Limit on loan signings? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The regulations are here: http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx. If you can bothered to read all of that you have got more patience than I have. I can't immediately see any restriction on the total number of loan players in a season, although there is a limit to the number that can come from any one club.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Jan 7, 2016, 6:51 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City, Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #7 of 9 (2136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Limit on loan signings? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wow!

Eat your heart out Leo Tolstoy!

With that prolixity of regulation, surely room for a lawyer to make mischief...........what was Groucho's legal team called?

leohoenig
Administrator

Jan 7, 2016, 11:02 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #8 of 9 (2099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Limit on loan signings? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I don't know the answer to your question but he seems to be following the blueprint that Micky Adams followed in last January's transfer window, one which took Tranmere from probable safety to relegation from League 2.

Successive managers at Cheltenham last season seemed to be always looking for a new loanee, which meant on occasion that we had loan players we could not play. We were in a similar position when Martin Allen ended our stay in League-1.

We are still making use of the loan market this season, but to much better effect. We have also sent a lot of youngsters out on loan, but it appears none of these will get renewed contracts.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Gricehead
Youth Team Sub

Jan 8, 2016, 10:08 AM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #9 of 9 (2030 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I see York City have signed up Hendrie from Burnley on loan.

I think that's their 11th or 12th loan signing this season to date.

I know you can only have 5 loaneees in a squad at any one time, but is there a limit on the number of loan signings a club can make during a season?

One could understand YCFC's use of the loan system if they had had a crazy injury crisis, but it seems more to be a case that the new(ish) manager, Jackie MacNamara (last of Dundee United) either can't or wont do what his job entails and manage the staff he inherited (and so must have known about), preferring to hire in a bunch (6 to date, I believe) of U21 and youth players who presumably aren't so ready to question the coach's "wisdom"

There are no limits on the number of loan signings you can have at your club, other than a limit on the number from one club during a season (4 + 1 youth) and the number of window to window "standard" loans from one club at once (no more than 2 over the age of 23)

These rules are due to be changed significantly for the 2016/17 season.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3