Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17

adamsquire86
Youth Team Sub

Jan 4, 2016, 11:15 AM

Team(s): Wrexham, Wales, Coedpoeth United, Cefn Druids, Cardiff City

Post #1 of 24 (12425 views)
Shortcut
Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tier three clubs who have shown a desire to be promoted to the Huws Gray Alliance
WELSH ALLIANCE LEAGUE
Llangefni Town

WELSH NATIONAL LEAGUE (Wrexham)
Brymbo
FC Nomads
FC Queens Park
Ruthin Town

MID-WALES LEAGUE
Carno
Knighton Town
Llanidloes Town
Llanrhaeadr YM
Penrhyncoch

Whilst the following have applied for the domestic licence required to be promoted to the Welsh Premier League
Caernarfon Town
Cefn Druids
Flint Town United
Porthmadog
Prestatyn Town

Welsh Head Researcher for Football Manager computer game series. Anyone interested in being a researcher get in touch.

MisterBee
Junior Team Star

Jan 7, 2016, 4:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 24 (12077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamsquire86] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Probably looking at this from either too logical a view or from completely the wrong end.

When a club applies for promotion to the Welsh Premier as in the case of the 5 listed above. Should they not have to meet Europa League grading requirements? Surely that should be a pre-requisite to enter a league where you can earn qualification through your league position?

Mind, then Rhyl FC would lose revenue from whoever needs to hire their ground for a match

Mister Bee

332 Matches
1026 Goals
24 matches since a 0-0
Last Match: Daisy Hill 1-2 Carlisle City

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 7, 2016, 5:14 PM

Post #3 of 24 (12060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterBee] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you looked at the Europa League results on Wiki for 2015-16 for at least the first two rounds you would be surprised the number of teams who do not play on their usual grounds

Tim Johnson

MisterBee
Junior Team Star

Jan 7, 2016, 5:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 24 (12059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know

Which is why I think my suggestion would make sense in some way. But probably illogical.

Mister Bee

332 Matches
1026 Goals
24 matches since a 0-0

aicwhu
First Team Sub

Jan 7, 2016, 5:44 PM

Team(s): west ham

Post #5 of 24 (12053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterBee] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely this is like expecting every team promoted to the fl championship to have a premiership ready ground in case they get promoted or putting it another way in order to be promoted your ground must be fit for the league above the one you are promoted tp. Surely madness leads this way

andrew c

MisterBee
Junior Team Star

Jan 7, 2016, 8:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 24 (11989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aicwhu] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Being honest, don't give a toss about the Money league full stop. And the money they all have then actually, yes.

I did say I was looking at it my way and wanted others thoughts.

Though the PL deserves everything bad that might ever happen to them. Sold their souls.

Mister Bee

332 Matches
1026 Goals
24 matches since a 0-0

aicwhu
First Team Sub

Jan 7, 2016, 10:00 PM

Team(s): west ham

Post #7 of 24 (11930 views)
Shortcut

OK relax

That was only an example ; the principle I was expounding holds whatever leagues you are referring to

andrew c

MisterBee
Junior Team Star

Jan 8, 2016, 8:36 AM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 24 (11866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aicwhu] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was and am relaxed

I did say at the top that it was a thought. With any promotion your ground has to be up to a certain standard, I was merely saying those standards should include any possible European qualification. I take your point, but I think it is a very poor example using England where there is so much money that it should not be an issue at all.

Mister Bee

332 Matches
1026 Goals
24 matches since a 0-0

Swindon Addick
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 8, 2016, 9:43 AM

Team(s): Cambridge City, Charlton Athletic

Post #9 of 24 (11837 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I was and am relaxed

I did say at the top that it was a thought. With any promotion your ground has to be up to a certain standard, I was merely saying those standards should include any possible European qualification. I take your point, but I think it is a very poor example using England where there is so much money that it should not be an issue at all.

TBH, we have enough trouble finding enough clubs who can meet the existing standards to make things competitive. An increase in the required ground standard would put costs up an discourage applications for promotion to even lower levels than they already are. I'm not generally a fan of the FAW as an organisation, but in this case I think they're right.

Cambridge City - on a tour of places we've never heard of and can't spell.

MisterBee
Junior Team Star

Jan 8, 2016, 9:50 AM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 24 (11832 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Swindon Addick] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fair point.

As was the other, just not a great example with a moneybags league.

Mister Bee

332 Matches
1026 Goals
24 matches since a 0-0

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 11, 2016, 10:27 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #11 of 24 (11328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamsquire86] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llangefni have met the criteria according to this article today

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/...omotion-bid-10877689

(This post was edited by gcnc on Feb 11, 2016, 10:33 PM)

gcnc

Feb 19, 2016, 10:33 PM

Post #12 of 24 (10982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ground improvements at Carno pictured on their Twitter today

https://mobile.twitter.com/...236156649472/photo/2

KnowYourMarket

Feb 28, 2016, 9:27 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #13 of 24 (10497 views)
Shortcut

As most Welsh Premier league fixtures are played in front of a couple of hundred fans it is going overboard to expect clubs to have a UEFA compliant ground, on the chance they get to play Latvian giants in July.

It's hard enough to encourage clubs in the south already, without making it harder.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

gcnc

Feb 29, 2016, 7:55 AM

Post #14 of 24 (10382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Qualification by the national team for this summer's Euros tournament will give the FAW unprecedented wealth. It will be interesting to see how much of that is devoted to helping 'grassroots' clubs carry out necessary ground improvements to enable them to become compliant.

Having said that, the suspicion remains that even if 100% funding came from the FAW, many clubs, in the south especially, wouldn't be interested.

gcnc

Mar 8, 2016, 12:53 PM

Post #15 of 24 (9853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Swindon Addick] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Glantraeth expressing the feelings of many about the Step 2 ground criteria;

http://welsh-premier.com/...ll-inhibit-promotion

gcnc

Mar 30, 2016, 9:14 AM

Post #16 of 24 (9359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Article about Knighton Town's promotion preparations here

http://www.countytimes.co.uk/...in-the-alliance.aspx

gcnc

Apr 24, 2016, 9:05 PM

Post #17 of 24 (8800 views)
Shortcut

FC Nomads Twitter account reporting that they have had their application turned down by the Cymru Alliance and have appealed to the FAW.

https://mobile.twitter.com/...s/724219595893161984

gcnc

May 4, 2016, 10:18 AM

Post #18 of 24 (8339 views)
Shortcut

FC Nomads have now won the Wrexham Area League and are reported to have arranged a ground share at Airbus UK for next season. They are awaiting their FAW appeal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/...s/727610119828193281

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 4, 2016, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #19 of 24 (7953 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
FC Nomads have now won the Wrexham Area League and are reported to have arranged a ground share at Airbus UK for next season. They are awaiting their FAW appeal.

This is the team that was formed with the sole intention of "keeping football in Connah's Quay" at a time when a merger with Flint was a possibility. Morals? Nah.

gcnc

May 4, 2016, 9:39 PM

Post #20 of 24 (7938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Cymru Alliance applicants for 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

This is the team that was formed with the sole intention of "keeping football in Connah's Quay" at a time when a merger with Flint was a possibility. Morals? Nah.

Their ground share 'arrangement' at Broughton is reported to be for one year, but what good is that? There is no way that they will ever be able to turn their present ground into a Step 2 compliant one with floodlights and seated stands.

adamsquire86
Youth Team Sub

May 9, 2016, 8:32 AM

Team(s): Wrexham, Wales, Coedpoeth United, Cefn Druids, Cardiff City

Post #21 of 24 (7380 views)
Shortcut

Ruthin Town's Facebook page posted on Saturday that they've been promoted back into the Cymru Alliance.

Welsh Head Researcher for Football Manager computer game series. Anyone interested in being a researcher get in touch.

gcnc

May 9, 2016, 9:04 AM

Post #22 of 24 (7317 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ruthin Town's Facebook page posted on Saturday that they've been promoted back into the Cymru Alliance.

... and Nomads Twitter responded on Saturday by saying they have paid and submitted their appeal to the FAW, so presumably Ruthin's promotion is subject to that.

gcnc

May 18, 2016, 1:00 PM

Post #23 of 24 (6504 views)
Shortcut

FC Nomads appeal fails

http://www.pitchero.com/....VzwS6SlAifs.twitter

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 18, 2016, 6:16 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #24 of 24 (6261 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

They haven't got a cat in hell's chance of getting Wepre Park up to CA standard in 12 months, especially with the new licensing rules coming in for Step 2. It's a public park, and the locals wouldn't take kindly to an area being fenced off, and as for floodlights there's no chance. They need to swallow their pride, and either accept being at Step 3 for some time, or find another site in CQ for a ground. As I said before, their aim is to "keep football in CQ", so moving out to Broughton goes against everything they stand for. They've a better chance of developing a ground at Dock Road, although it's a crappy area compared to Wepre.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3