Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
FA Cup TV ties

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 28, 2015, 11:13 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #1 of 76 (11669 views)
Shortcut
FA Cup TV ties Can't Post or Reply Privately

http://www.thefa.com/...er-tv-ties-announced

Fri 6 Nov 1955 Salford City v Notts County
Sun 8 Nov 1200 Didcot Town v Exeter City
Mon 9 Nov 1945 FC United v Chesterfield

The FC United game will not be at Bower Fold, as the FA article suggests, instead being at our own ground, Broadhurst Park.

It seems we did object to this being a Monday night kick off but the FA told us we had no choice.
http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/...ry.php?story_id=6474

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (923) Sportplatz Aspern SV Aspern 4-2 Maccabi Wien
With FC United: 132
On the agenda:
15/6 Milford Marlins v Saddleworth Rangers (rl)
16/6 York City Knights v Rochdale Hornets (rl)
22/6 Antrim v Kildare (gaelic football)

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 28, 2015, 12:25 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #2 of 76 (11598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm surprised your lot have withdrawn in protest at being forced to receive a sum of money that most clubs at our level would sell their left bollock for.

IAN S
First Team Star

Oct 28, 2015, 3:59 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #3 of 76 (11469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The FA probably still think you play at Bower Fold.

No doubt countless other games will be moved to the Sunday so the beeb's pathetic amateur coverage can continue.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

gcnc

Oct 28, 2015, 4:47 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #4 of 76 (11403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Matches at Bristol Rovers, Brackley Town, Aldershot, FC Halifax Town, Gainsborough Trinity, Maidstone United and Braintree Town moved to 2pm Sunday

(This post was edited by gcnc on Oct 28, 2015, 4:49 PM)

Steelback
First Team Star

Oct 28, 2015, 5:33 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #5 of 76 (11357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The sheer arrogance of their latest club statement defies belief!! I assume their sizeable TV fee will be donated to a worthwhile cause then? Or more likely kept by the club to offset the £1 vouchers they'll be giving out!

If they dislike the kick off time so much just forfeit the match, that would be a real protest!

And as for Bayern Munich's 5 minute protest, possibly the most pointless of all time?

Northamptonshire Steelbacks 2013 & 2016 T20 Winners

Ropemaker

Oct 28, 2015, 6:02 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #6 of 76 (11327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Both clubs can agree to a £9 admission charge and then everyone's happy.

Sort of Smile

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Oct 28, 2015, 10:20 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #7 of 76 (11206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The sheer arrogance of their latest club statement defies belief!!

It really doesn't, unless you have something against them and choose your opinion before reading?

They're in a no-win situation, being forced by their national FA to do something they don't want to do. They've given their side of the story - better than keeping quiet, allowing people to 'assume'.

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Oct 28, 2015, 11:52 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #8 of 76 (11172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Matches at Bristol Rovers, Brackley Town, Aldershot, FC Halifax Town, Gainsborough Trinity, Maidstone United and Braintree Town moved to 2pm Sunday

As I have posted in the general section, Altrincham v Barnsley was also selected for coverage, but Barnsley refused to move so it remains on the Saturday (All ticket).

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Oct 29, 2015, 5:48 AM

Team(s): Birmingham City, Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #9 of 76 (11121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've no links whatsoever with FCUM, but it's difficult to disagree with any word of that statement re enforced rescheduling.

A calm, logical exposition of what I thought the majority of posters on here were in favour of, namely

a) sensible timing of matches with regards to fans being able to attend

b) A pricing policy that is moderate and affordable

c) A general underlying assumption that the game should be about the needs of players and fans rather than the unreasonable demands of sponsors and broadcasters.

I do know that sponsors are important - but only to a point.

I do understand how much FCUM ruffled - and continue to ruffle - the feathers of some in the non-league fraternity.

But if the statement had been made by Nooneseverheardofus Rovers, folk would be pouring in on here in support

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 29, 2015, 8:57 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #10 of 76 (11059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
But if the statement had been made by Nooneseverheardofus Rovers, folk would be pouring in on here in support

Thing is, I cannot imagine any other club at this stage of the competition (or any other stage, for that matter) coming out with such a statement, so your point is moot.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Oct 29, 2015, 9:09 AM

Post #11 of 76 (11048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But surely, the whole Genesis of FCUM was as a fight back against unwanted influence (the Glazer's) in the game and one's club.

So, they are surely just trying their best to stick to their principles of putting the game and the supporters and players first, and that's a stance that most of us on here would support, I'd have thought.

And as for no other clubs following such a course? Well not quite the same, but in the same vein, how about Newport, Barri/y, Colwyn Bay etc fighting the FAW 15 years or so ago?

It would have been much easier in all financial and playing senses for them to have accepted the FAWs strictures - but they held to their principles (in Newport's case, don't know about the rest) and eventually won.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 29, 2015, 9:29 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #12 of 76 (11037 views)
Shortcut

Like it or not TV coverage is vital to the game and its finances. There are two possibilities. Do as we do now (move kick off times about to allow for TV coverage) or simply show matches when they are played. I am sure most lower / non league clubs would be furious if TV were able to show the games of their choice at 3pm on a Saturday. It may suit their diehard supporters and their principles but the downsides would be greater.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Oct 29, 2015, 9:37 AM

Post #13 of 76 (11027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"Like it or not" is indeed the nub of the argument.

Football at the highest levels has become not about clubs but brands.

This makes the spectacle on the TV more important than the actual players or spectators at the ground - and yes, I know that's the way the game (and life generally?) is going

However, I guess that the FCUM folk see that as being a malign direction and are trying to point that out.

As a sad old duffer (I'm 60) who harkens back to many of the old ways, I think they're right to do that, and I still go back to my point that what we have here is a club trying to stand up for principles which I thought most on here would go with.

Of course, they'll be crushed by commercial might, but what, in essence, is wrong with

a) Games kicking off at times convenient to players and supporters
b) Admission prices being fair and equitable

acmold

Oct 29, 2015, 10:00 AM

Post #14 of 76 (11012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or

This has already more or less happened anyway The early kick offs on a Saturday on TV already overlap early kick offs in Non League Those early TV games also mean unless you watch them at the club you are going to watch at 3pm or very nearby you can't really get to a 3pm kickoff. The games on TV on an early evening are so timed that you again either watch them at the club you have just watched or have to watch them very nearby What has happened is that many people and so would be players just stay at home or in the pub all Saturday and just watch whatever is on between the games You only have to see how midweek crowds have diminished now we have wall to midweek live football I think we have gone so far down the line that showing games live at 3 pm would make little difference

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 29, 2015, 10:01 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #15 of 76 (11012 views)
Shortcut

I don't disagree with any of that. However maybe FCUM should pick the time to make their protests more carefully.

Is it unreasonable to play a game between two clubs separated by less than 50 miles on a Monday evening? There are many other ties that could have been selected that would have been more inconvenient for players and supporters. Given that one game was going to be moved to this slot, this is surely the type of game that we would want in it.

Is it so unreasonable to be forced to charge an extra pound for a visit by a team three divisions higher than the normal level of visitors? The purpose of the minimum charge in the FA Cup is to protect the away team who share the receipts. If FCUM had been drawn away to, say Plymouth, would they have been anti minimum prices if the home side had dropped their normal match day admission charge to £9 because of the level of the opposition?

fermin
Youth Team Sub

Oct 29, 2015, 10:47 AM

Post #16 of 76 (10990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I don't disagree with any of that. However maybe FCUM should pick the time to make their protests more carefully.

Is it unreasonable to play a game between two clubs separated by less than 50 miles on a Monday evening? There are many other ties that could have been selected that would have been more inconvenient for players and supporters. Given that one game was going to be moved to this slot, this is surely the type of game that we would want in it.

Is it so unreasonable to be forced to charge an extra pound for a visit by a team three divisions higher than the normal level of visitors? The purpose of the minimum charge in the FA Cup is to protect the away team who share the receipts. If FCUM had been drawn away to, say Plymouth, would they have been anti minimum prices if the home side had dropped their normal match day admission charge to £9 because of the level of the opposition?

I wasn't going to add to this thread as arguing in favour of FCUM on this board is like trying to deflect a tidal wave, but I can answer this question. When they played away to us about 5 years ago we asked them if they would be happy for us to almost halve our admission prices. They accepted immediately because it made things more affordable:

'We would also like to advise supporters that Rochdale, mindful of the effect it may have on both clubs’ revenue, asked us if we had any opposition to prices being lowered from their usual prices of £20 for adults and £14 for concessions to £12 for adults, £8 for concessions and £5 for under 16’s. We had no hesitation in accepting this fantastic gesture, which helps us to meet our constitutional aim of providing affordable football for match going fans.'

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=3185

There is actually a big debate on the FCUM forum about the Chesterfield game between the idealists, perhaps even ideologues, and the pragmatists (to simplify things) and one of the latter's points is the one you make in your second paragraph.

It is a problem if you set up a club based on principles that some/most fans within the club (also the club owners in this case) will not like it when those running the club practically on their behalf feel obliged to or are forced to compromise with what other clubs and authorities require. This is not something the rest of us have to worry about as our clubs were not set up with such things in their constitutions, I assume. It also gives people who hate you for whatever reason (largely the MUFC connection in my opinion) plenty of ammunition to attack you when you are forced to compromise as can be seen on this board and others.

Ropemaker

Oct 29, 2015, 12:21 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #17 of 76 (10941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fermin] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I wasn't going to add to this thread as arguing in favour of FCUM on this board is like trying to deflect a tidal wave, but I can answer this question. When they played away to us about 5 years ago we asked them if they would be happy for us to almost halve our admission prices. They accepted immediately because it made things more affordable:

'We would also like to advise supporters that Rochdale, mindful of the effect it may have on both clubs’ revenue, asked us if we had any opposition to prices being lowered from their usual prices of £20 for adults and £14 for concessions to £12 for adults, £8 for concessions and £5 for under 16’s. We had no hesitation in accepting this fantastic gesture, which helps us to meet our constitutional aim of providing affordable football for match going fans.'

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=3185

The 2nd paragraph of that statement makes interesting reading:

We were asked by Rochdale if we had any opposition to the game being switched. It was reassuring to learn that such a switch is not enforced by broadcasters and that we had a choice, but nonetheless this presented us with an immediate decision to make.

Hmmm.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

ladderman

Oct 29, 2015, 3:07 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #18 of 76 (10857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They're in a no-win situation, being forced by their national FA to do something they don't want to do.

Wow! They must be the first people to have to do something they don't like. welcome to real life, sometimes you have to follow rules you don't agree with.
They don't HAVE to enter the Cup, and one of the reason they've picked up a nice amount of prize money so far is that the competition is televised. I guess they'll be sending that cash back.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 29, 2015, 3:23 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #19 of 76 (10836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As far as I can tell they are following the rules and are putting up with something they don't like. As in any walk of life, if you don't like the rules you can object and one day, if you've got a fair case and enough people are persuaded, the rules might change. You can do that within the system or outside of it - the former usually works best, so talk of boycotting the competition or returning money etc is all a bit pointless.

Seems to me people are moaning more about the manner in which FCUM are objecting, rather than what they're actually objecting to.

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 29, 2015, 4:30 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #20 of 76 (10797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

As I have posted in the general section, Altrincham v Barnsley was also selected for coverage, but Barnsley refused to move so it remains on the Saturday (All ticket).

... so have I understood that correctly - Barnsley are allowed to refuse a KO change but FCUM are not?

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Oct 29, 2015, 4:44 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #21 of 76 (10775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, but it's because of the nature of the coverage. The full live coverage can't be refused nowadays, although it could formerly. The "one camera" Sunday coverage can be, though, and that's what was offered to Altrincham and Barnsley.
However... the match is now being shown on BBC World, for overseas, with a Saturday 3PM kick off, and both clubs receive £6750.

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 29, 2015, 4:57 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #22 of 76 (10757 views)
Shortcut

OK Thanks for clarification.
I'll be following my usual Sunday routine of a pub lunch and a walk - will record the super-duper Sunday and FFWD to the Maidstone bits, which were next to nothing a year ago as we drew 0-0. Things got better with the replay live on BT Sport, bizarre watching a Stones game live on a laptop; then the Wrexham game live on BBC Cymru.
Maidstone-Yeovil a tie well worth betting on a home win. If Sturrock starts complaining about plastic pitches, double your stake.

gcnc

Oct 29, 2015, 6:49 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #23 of 76 (10694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Whitehawk v Lincoln City added to the other seven ties.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 29, 2015, 9:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 76 (10581 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
and both clubs receive £6750.

It's always been my view (and I know some will disagree) that the home club should receive most, or all, of the TV match fee. After all, it is they who are staging the game. They have to provide facilities for the TV crews, etc and suffer a potentially reduced gate. The visiting team has very little to do with all this but still gets the same amount of money.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 30, 2015, 6:38 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #25 of 76 (10488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] FA Cup TV ties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
and both clubs receive £6750.

It's always been my view (and I know some will disagree) that the home club should receive most, or all, of the TV match fee. After all, it is they who are staging the game. They have to provide facilities for the TV crews, etc and suffer a potentially reduced gate. The visiting team has very little to do with all this but still gets the same amount of money.

A reduced gate would affect both teams, as the gate money is split. There is also the potential inconvenience for the visiting team if the kick off or date is changed, meaning travelling at a different time, possibly necessitating an overnight stop.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3