Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Broken Links

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Sep 20, 2015, 2:28 PM

Post #1 of 2 (4249 views)
Shortcut
Broken Links Can't Post or Reply Privately

Several people have contacted me to tell me that in the Other Cup Competitions section, links to a particular cup that they are interested in, have broken.
I did a quick check and found that, in fact, over half of all the links for this season did not work.
Anybody any idea why the links keeping breaking like this? Am I doing something wrong when I set each one up?

as5680
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 20, 2015, 3:27 PM

Team(s): Wolves, plus a general interest in non-league football in Devon & Cornwall.

Post #2 of 2 (4227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] Broken Links [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It certainly seems that some of the links have not copied across correctly - for those that don't work, my browser is trying to load up http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/...;;page=unread#unread as the entire address, instead of loading the full URL. Why this has happened I'm not sure as I don't know what causes the URL to be abbreviated.

It may be that it would work as intended by putting the link directly on the name of the cup, rather than on a separate line - i.e. by highlighting the name of the cup and using the link icon to add the full URL. Certainly I have always got on OK adding links to posts like that.

As an aside, could I ask for the Cornwall Junior Cup to be added to the list please? Many thanks.

(This post was edited by as5680 on Sep 20, 2015, 3:27 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3