NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

drawoh
First Team Regular

Aug 9, 2015, 7:46 AM

Post #1 of 295 (60247 views)
Shortcut
NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Please use this thread for noting any problems you see with the main site for the 2015–16 season.

SimonG
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 9, 2015, 9:44 AM

Post #2 of 295 (60224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drawoh] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Mileage chart for Southern League Central has Aylesbury United playing at Leighton rather than Thame.

drawoh
First Team Regular

Aug 9, 2015, 2:59 PM

Post #3 of 295 (60189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SimonG] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Mileage chart for Southern League Central has Aylesbury United playing at Leighton rather than Thame.

Map updated. Mileage chart also updated and submitted for inclusion (and should appear in a day or so).

Thanks for the info!

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 17, 2015, 2:44 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #4 of 295 (59152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drawoh] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In the Leicestershire Sen League Div One

Aylestone Park Old Boys Reserves - 'Old Boys' should not be in there
Coalville Town Development Squad - this should be Coalville Town Reserves.

drawoh
First Team Regular

Aug 17, 2015, 6:41 PM

Post #5 of 295 (59039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Happy with Aylestone Park. We don't have "Old Boys" in the club's first team's name, and the club's website doesn't include "Old Boys" either, so I've removed it from here also, even though the league's full-time site still includes the "Old Boys".

However, for Coalville Town, the club's own website still refers to the Development Squad with no mention of a Reserve Team, so until either the club or the league have caught up with you I'll leave it as it is.

Sarumio

Aug 17, 2015, 6:46 PM

Post #6 of 295 (59036 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Happy with Aylestone Park. We don't have "Old Boys" in the club's first team's name, and the club's website doesn't include "Old Boys" either, so I've removed it from here also, even though the league's full-time site still includes the "Old Boys".

However, for Coalville Town, the club's own website still refers to the Development Squad with no mention of a Reserve Team, so until either the club or the league have caught up with you I'll leave it as it is.

Well I usually go by FA Find a Club on these matters as that's the official line. And on there if you search for Coalville Town you'll see they a first team in the NPL and their Reserves in the LSL, not a development Squad, regardless of whether they are calling it that, that's not the team's name.

(This post was edited by Sarumio on Aug 17, 2015, 6:46 PM)

drawoh
First Team Regular

Aug 17, 2015, 7:43 PM

Post #7 of 295 (59005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Well I usually go by FA Find a Club on these matters as that's the official line. And on there if you search for Coalville Town you'll see they a first team in the NPL and their Reserves in the LSL, not a development Squad, regardless of whether they are calling it that, that's not the team's name.

Convincing enough. So changed.

Keep 'em coming.

Sarumio

Aug 24, 2015, 2:00 PM

Post #8 of 295 (57054 views)
Shortcut

Few name corrections

Beds Prem - Eastcotts AFC should just be Eastcotts

Brighton, Hove & Worthing - Goring Cricket Club should be Goring-by-Sea Cricket

Bristol Premier Combo - Nicholas Wanderers need to be removed - division running with 13. Also Mendip United have traded the 'United' for 'Broadwalk. And Longwell Green Reserves, should be Longwell Green Sports Reserves.

Essex Olympian 1 - Shenfield AFC should be Shenfield Association

Humber Prem D1 - Hessle Sporting Club have folded and need removing

Kent Co 1 East - Park Regis have gone bye bye.

Liverpool Co D2 - as there appears to be no Wood Street first team, I am unsure how the Wood Street in this division are being badged as the reserves - should the reserves label be removed?

Midland 1 - Kenilworth Town KH have folded
Midland 2 - Boldmere Sports & Social should have Falcons appended to their name, AFC Solihull need Hayes added to theirs.

royals26

Aug 26, 2015, 8:26 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #9 of 295 (56773 views)
Shortcut

... not sure whose got the TVL gig on here but the main page is currently showing AFC Aldermaston v Mortimer in the list for tonight (Wed 26th Aug ) - no idea why but it has been switched to 9th Sept.

Presumably ... it was fed in initially from an auto-feed of some kind, so is difficult to spot/amend?

.....yet the Marlow v Berks County venue 'reversal' is shown on here .... and that happened more recently (I thought? Crazy)

(This post was edited by royals26 on Aug 26, 2015, 8:33 AM)

multilevel
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 26, 2015, 8:18 PM

Post #10 of 295 (56716 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Few name corrections

Beds Prem - Eastcotts AFC should just be Eastcotts

FA's "Find a Club" has "Eastcotts AFC" for the club with a team in the Beds County League which is what NLM has listed.

"Eastcotts" is also listed as a club but only has youth teams listed.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 29, 2015, 2:04 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #11 of 295 (56459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [multilevel] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

UCL Prem club Kirby Muxloe deducted 3 points for use of an ineligible player at Huntingdon Town.

kirby knitters

Sep 1, 2015, 10:50 AM

Post #12 of 295 (55614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

St Andrews Res have tendered resignation from Leicestershire Senior League (Prem Div)

windydcfc

Sep 1, 2015, 12:44 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mφnchengladbach

Post #13 of 295 (55594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Real United Reserves has folded & resigned from the NSL Div2. The FA's Full-Time website has removed them already.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 1, 2015, 1:02 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #14 of 295 (55593 views)
Shortcut

The NLM main site is missing 2 clubs from the map of the Welsh Alliance League 1st Division, Llanrug United (LL55 4AU) and Trearddur Bay United (LL65 2UY I think).

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (928) Hems Way Welwyn Garden City 0-1 Maccabi GB
With FC United: 134
On the agenda:
23/7 FC United v AFC Fylde
25/7 Chadderton v FC United XI

drawoh
First Team Regular

Sep 1, 2015, 6:38 PM

Post #15 of 295 (55508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Real United Reserves has folded & resigned from the NSL Div2. The FA's Full-Time website has removed them already.

Applied to main site. Thanks!

kirby knitters

Sep 2, 2015, 10:41 AM

Post #16 of 295 (55392 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
St Andrews Res have tendered resignation from Leicestershire Senior League (Prem Div)

Results for season have now been removed from FA site.

drawoh
First Team Regular

Sep 2, 2015, 11:09 AM

Post #17 of 295 (55374 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Results for season have now been removed from FA site.

Applied to main site. Thanks!

drawoh
First Team Regular

Sep 2, 2015, 6:59 PM

Post #18 of 295 (55307 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Bristol Premier Combo - Nicholas Wanderers need to be removed - division running with 13.

Humber Prem D1 - Hessle Sporting Club have folded and need removing

Kent Co 1 East - Park Regis have gone bye bye.

Changes made on main site for all of these. Thanks!

Will look at name changes in due course.

Sarumio

Sep 3, 2015, 3:56 PM

Post #19 of 295 (55174 views)
Shortcut

RE Mickleover Royals

Can they not be removed from the table altogether (maybe just addign a footnote to say they have resigned).

As they currently appear above Greenwood Meadows in the table, which is wrong, and it could be a while until Greenwood get any points to lift themselves above the defunct side, if indeed they ever do.

Besides Mickleover Royals' results have been expunged, meaning its as if they were never there to begin with.

drawoh
First Team Regular

Sep 3, 2015, 5:06 PM

Post #20 of 295 (55153 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
RE Mickleover Royals

Can they not be removed from the table altogether (maybe just addign a footnote to say they have resigned).

As they currently appear above Greenwood Meadows in the table, which is wrong, and it could be a while until Greenwood get any points to lift themselves above the defunct side, if indeed they ever do.

Besides Mickleover Royals' results have been expunged, meaning its as if they were never there to begin with.

Your final phrase is important. Removing them would be as though they were never there to begin with. But they were there to begin with.

There have been quite a number of cases in recent seasons, when clubs finishing bottom out of those which finished, were reprieved from relegation, whereas if they had finished bottom out of those which started, they would not have been reprieved. One I can recall immediately is Kidsgrove Athletic in 2013–14.

So the policy I tend to adopt when clubs resign, or are expelled, once the season has started, is to remove all the results, but leave them in the table, with zero points from zero games. Some leagues also adopt this policy in their own websites.

Other main site admins here at NML may disagree with me, and they are at liberty to remove such clubs from the tables here, and I wouldn't object too much.

You suggested adding a footnote. There already is one, but it's at the foot of the division heading information, just above the list of seasons. To put it any lower, the site software would place it below the fixtures and results, which would make much further away from the table.

VP

Sep 3, 2015, 7:26 PM

Post #21 of 295 (55128 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
RE Mickleover Royals

Your final phrase is important. Removing them would be as though they were never there to begin with. But they were there to begin with.

There have been quite a number of cases in recent seasons, when clubs finishing bottom out of those which finished, were reprieved from relegation, whereas if they had finished bottom out of those which started, they would not have been reprieved. One I can recall immediately is Kidsgrove Athletic in 2013–14.

So the policy I tend to adopt when clubs resign, or are expelled, once the season has started, is to remove all the results, but leave them in the table, with zero points from zero games. Some leagues also adopt this policy in their own websites.

Other main site admins here at NML may disagree with me, and they are at liberty to remove such clubs from the tables here, and I wouldn't object too much.

We discussed this at the end of last season. I can't remember if it was in last season's errors and corrections section or in the admin's section. I'm sure we decided to keep them in on this site once the season has started from now on.

Sarumio

Sep 3, 2015, 7:30 PM

Post #22 of 295 (55122 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
RE Mickleover Royals

You suggested adding a footnote. There already is one, but it's at the foot of the division heading information, just above the list of seasons. To put it any lower, the site software would place it below the fixtures and results, which would make much further away from the table.

Ok fair enough, keep them in if that's the policy.

However that still does not address the fact that Greenwood Meadows are showing as 20th in the league table. That is factually wrong, they are in 19th place.

Maybe you could put Royals on -1 points to get them below GM?

drawoh
First Team Regular

Sep 3, 2015, 8:36 PM

Post #23 of 295 (55103 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
RE Mickleover Royals

Maybe you could put Royals on -1 points to get them below GM?

Interesting suggestion. I've done it as a temporary measure, until Greenwood get their first point.

PaulC

Sep 5, 2015, 11:13 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #24 of 295 (54892 views)
Shortcut

Kelso Utd have withdrawn from the East of Scotland League. I've deleted their record.

drawoh
First Team Regular

Sep 7, 2015, 3:36 PM

Post #25 of 295 (54603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2015–16 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Anomaly on East Midlands league website.

22nd Aug Anstey Nomads v Barrow Town is shown as a 2–1 home win, and this scoreline is reflected in the table on the league website.

However, details of the goal scorers suggests that the result was a 3–2 home win, and this scoreline is confirmed on the Anstey twitter feed. 3–2 is the score noted here on the main site, so there is a minor discrepancy between the table here and the table published by the league in respect of the goals for and against for the two clubs in question.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3