INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football

WestBerksPalace
First Team Regular

Aug 6, 2015, 4:51 PM

Team(s): Crystal Palace and Epsom and Ewell.

Post #1 of 14 (25368 views)
Shortcut
The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football Can't Post or Reply Privately

For those interested the Non League Paper mentioned in this weeks edition, that it's sister paper 'The Football Paper' will begin an 8 page feature on the Women's game from next week, assume mostly covering WSL1.
Personally I'd liked to have seen this in the NLP, as I don't buy the football paper, although for this weekend I'll make an exception to see what it entails.

2017-18 - 46 games (Highworth Town), 152 goals, av gpg 3.30, 20 new grounds.
2016-17 - 103 games, 329 goals, av gpg 3.19, 41 new grounds.
New Grounds in 2017 -40, 16 - 42, 15 - 63, Last new -Sporting Khalsa 11/11/17. Grounds in Total - 1144.
RL Grounds - 32 (Last - Belle Vue, Wakefield Trinity RL (1/7/17), Speedway Tracks 50.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Aug 9, 2015, 12:18 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #2 of 14 (25202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Personally I'd liked to have seen this in the NLP, as I don't buy the football paper, although for this weekend I'll make an exception to see what it entails.

So you want the professional Women's Premier League to be shoved amongst non-league football?

Matty
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 9, 2015, 12:41 PM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #3 of 14 (25190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure the wages would be that different. At least at don't level

BigJR
Reserve Team Star

Aug 10, 2015, 11:25 AM

Team(s): Chelsea, Dorking FC. Dorking Ladies

Post #4 of 14 (25086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

So you want the professional Women's Premier League to be shoved amongst non-league football?

I found that suggestion a bit odd as well.

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 12, 2015, 8:04 PM

Post #5 of 14 (24770 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Given that non-League football is about everything that the Premier League and Football League are not why not have WSL in it? The players are down to earth and take time to talk to fans and, as noted, most of them probably earn non-League wages in men's terms.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Aug 12, 2015, 10:00 PM

Post #6 of 14 (24751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Given that non-League football is about everything that the Premier League and Football League are not why not have WSL in it? The players are down to earth and take time to talk to fans and, as noted, most of them probably earn non-League wages in men's terms.

But they aren't non-league.

cope1

Aug 13, 2015, 10:24 PM

Post #7 of 14 (24467 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

But they aren't non-league.

If "non-League" means non-Football League or non-Premier League, yes they are.
If "non-league" means "without a league" then no they aren't, and neither is any of the other football we discuss here.

Have your cake or eat it.

(This post was edited by cope1 on Aug 13, 2015, 10:26 PM)

scottywalds
First Team Star

Aug 14, 2015, 11:12 AM

Post #8 of 14 (24322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"If "non-League" means non-Football League or non-Premier League, yes they are."
In that case, La Liga is non-league... maybe they should have an update in the NLP? Crazy

The Women's Super League is not a non-league competition - it is the top 2 levels of its sport.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Aug 15, 2015, 2:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 14 (24190 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
"If "non-League" means non-Football League or non-Premier League, yes they are."
In that case, La Liga is non-league... maybe they should have an update in the NLP? Crazy

The Women's Super League is not a non-league competition - it is the top 2 levels of its sport.

But it is non-league, as "non-league" refers to anything in England outside the Football League (and now also the Premier League).

(This post was edited by Fanatic on Aug 15, 2015, 2:45 PM)

cope1

Aug 15, 2015, 8:01 PM

Post #10 of 14 (24151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Absolutely, and as far as I'm aware the NLP is about football in the UK, not Spain.

I concede this is always going to come down to opinion and I understand the logic of classing the WSL as 'League' but I tend to feel that the NLP promotes football outwith the domineering circle of fully professional men's football. In that sense the WSL should be included. The WSL1 teams are mostly pros now but in terms of interaction with media and fans are more like semi-pros or amateurs. They are still ordinary people who quite often have jobs outside the game.

Regardless, the question should probably be about what has been removed to fit it in.

jrev61

Aug 15, 2015, 10:22 PM

Team(s): None

Post #11 of 14 (24124 views)
Shortcut

Many conference players are full-time professionals who earn the sort of money most of us can only dream about, yet the NLP fills over half of it's paper with Conference content. So the fact that the top women players are professional is not relevant . Women's football is mostly played on non-league grounds and many of the spectators watch non-league football on Saturdays.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2015, 12:14 PM

Post #12 of 14 (23297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

But it is non-league, as "non-league" refers to anything in England outside the Football League (and now also the Premier League).

You're talking about men's football, not women's...

WestBerksPalace
First Team Regular

Sep 17, 2015, 2:10 PM

Team(s): Crystal Palace and Epsom and Ewell.

Post #13 of 14 (19780 views)
Shortcut

I'm with Cope1 on this as well. I suspect the women's game is at same level as NL's Step1-4 I in regard to wages.
Yes many are professional, but I reckon a large part of their wages are topped up by sponsorship (ALA top Speedway riders).
I don't see the point in having the coverage in the Football Paper.
The 8 page supplement was rather disappointing I thought, I haven't purchased since.

2017-18 - 46 games (Highworth Town), 152 goals, av gpg 3.30, 20 new grounds.
2016-17 - 103 games, 329 goals, av gpg 3.19, 41 new grounds.
New Grounds in 2017 -40, 16 - 42, 15 - 63, Last new -Sporting Khalsa 11/11/17. Grounds in Total - 1144.
RL Grounds - 32 (Last - Belle Vue, Wakefield Trinity RL (1/7/17), Speedway Tracks 50.

dave deacon
Junior Team Sub

Nov 15, 2016, 6:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 14 (8800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] The Football Paper Begin Featuring Womens football [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The CORNISH SOCCER magazine also now includes a Womens' football page and the latest issue features a "Player Profile"

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3