Futsal

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 20, 2015, 1:06 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #1 of 3 (3917 views)
Shortcut
Futsal Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is futsal contributing to the slow death of grassroots Saturday football? I'm not quite sure how this game has sneaked into the official auspices of the footballing authorities (is "beach soccer" similarly treated?). I certainly don't know why The FA continue to promote it, seemingly as an alternative to the outdoor 11-a-side version of the game.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 20, 2015, 2:03 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Futsal [In reply to] Can't Post or

And what about Walking Football, anyone one any age can play?. Seen the rules Cool / laws and you walk and kick the ball. Now I think that I can still hit a ball more or less as hard as I could when I played, and if I'm playing and walking and then decide to have a go from the halfway line with a toe poke I may well damage some more frail person standing in it's path, I'm sure I'm not the only one who could do that. More dangerous than a grass bank at a step 6 ground me thinks. Presume there is some bloke on an awful lot of money in some office be it Burton Upon Trent or in Switzerland thinking up all these variants of the game.

Ronald Price
Youth Team Star

Oct 14, 2015, 3:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 3 (3101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Futsal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Originally Futsal participation was restricted to those not registered with a club at any level. I believe the FA did not take it seriously until this rule was amended.

My local Walking Football League has an age qualification of 50+

Ron Price

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3