INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
Bulgaria 2015/16.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 29, 2015, 2:31 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 6 (3010 views)
Shortcut
Bulgaria 2015/16. Can't Post or Reply Privately

There's a very strange look about the Bulgarian 'A' Division for 2015/16. First of all we're down to a 10 team top tier. After many years of murders , match fixing , tax evasion , money laundering etc the Bulgarian F A came down with a heavy fist on May 20th and refused to give professional licences to 4 teams. All are demoted to the Amateur ranks , tier 3 in Bulgaria. Allegedly it is debts which has caused this problem with the F A but the other things I've mentioned are being looked into by the government / police. Murders of high ranking football officials has been commonplace for about 15 years.

The 4 teams are 31 times champion CSKA (5 th in league) , Lokomotive Sofia (3rd) , Mareks Dupnitsa (11th) & Haskovo (12th). The latter two teams were promoted into the league last season and both were in the bottom two relegation places at the end of the season. Loko's Europa spot has gone Litex Lovech.

CSKA along with Levski are (were) the big two in Bulgarian football , how the amateur teams in the South West division of tier 3 can cope with CSKA and their fans is going to be very interesting.

The 'A' division had 12 teams and an opening phase of 22 games which then split with the top 6 going into a Championship phase and the bottom 6 into a Relegation phase. At the end of a 32 match (combined) league season Ludogorets Razgrad were champions. The Eagles home is about 175 miles from Sofia and they have a very small stadium so European games are played in Sofia. Only founded in 2001 although they bear 1945 on the club crest from a previous team and until 2010 were still in the Amateur leagues. Since arriving in the top flight in 2011/12 they have won the league title on all 4 occasions and the cup twice. Money does talk.

The championship was as usual very poor , games played in front of pathetic attendances , many games behind closed doors and some at neutral venues.
Botev Plovdiv played their first 3 home games behind closed doors and Levski had 4 closed door home games ! Beware if travelling to watch football in Bulgaria. Sofia itself only has 2 teams in the top 2 divisions nowadays .

Where spectators are concerned Slavia Sofia are the worst , they ended up in the relegation group for the last 10 games of season and their 5 home attendances totalled 1330. Thats an average of 266 for their 5 home games and they had 940 for one of them v Levski. The other 4 attracted 180, 80, 80 & 50 v Haskovo.

A game in Round 6 at Beroe on Sat Aug 23 against Haskovo attracted 1,500 for the first half and 2,920 for the second half played the following day. It was 2-0 on Sat and 1-0 on Sunday. The game on the Saturday was stopped at the half time interval because of heavy rain.

The second division is as bad , although I don't think there were any behind closed doors there were many at neutral venues. Also 2 teams Spartak Varna and Rakovski 2011 were both kicked out of the division after both failing to fulfill 2 consecutive fixtures. Both played upto the Winter break but after the break they failed to show and were ousted , Spartak on March 5 and Rakovski on March 10. Games were awarded 0-3 against both for remainder of season.

'B' Division retains its 16 teams for 2015/16 but with 2 reserve teams now added namely Litex and Ludogorets. How many teams will remain at the end of the season in both divisions is anyones guess.

'A' Division.

Beroe @ Beroe Stadium, Stara Zagora.
Botev Plovdiv @ Botev Training Complex ( Komatevo). Temp whilst main ground is refurbished.
Chernomore @ Ticha Stadium, Varna,
Levski @ G Asparahov Stadium, Sofia.
Litex @ Lovech Stadium, Lovech.
Lokomotiv @ Lokomotiv Stadium, Plovdiv.
Ludogorets @ Ludogorets Stadium, Razgrad.
Montana @ Ogosta Stadium, Montana.
Pirin @ Hristo Botev Stadium, Blagoevgrad.
Slavia @ Ovcha Kupel Stadium, Sofia.

I have impeccable credentials , sorry to be so curt but I have had my wrist slapped.
From July 1, 2017. 245/201/44. (You know my rules) @ 27/05/2018.
OK,Mick no bragging. I need a holiday.
Fussball zweite vereines existieren nicht

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jun 29, 2015, 3:33 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 29, 2015, 6:18 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 6 (2950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Bulgaria 2015/16. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Although you have to work through the Cyrillic, http://bulgarian-football.com/ tends to be a good source of fixture dates and stadium changes. I always use it as a prime source of information when planning trips to Bulgaria

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

windydcfc

Jun 29, 2015, 7:33 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #3 of 6 (2928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Bulgaria 2015/16. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Although you have to work through the Cyrillic, http://bulgarian-football.com/ tends to be a good source of fixture dates and stadium changes. I always use it as a prime source of information when planning trips to Bulgaria
I looked at the link & tried to read the 'Cyrillic' it didn't make any sense to me! It's like it's in another languageTongue

dottirofhod

Jun 29, 2015, 8:37 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Bulgaria 2015/16. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I looked at the link & tried to read the 'Cyrillic' it didn't make any sense to me! It's like it's in another languageTongue

Leo is a genius though , I tend to press on the Union Jack symbol.

Although admittedly quite a lot of the good stuff doesn't get translated.
Contemplating a last trip over there this season to see if anythings changed since 09 , that would make 12 trips in all , good ole ''Wizz''.
Just awaiting fixtures , bit late for the usual July 18/19/20 start. Appeals maybe ?
Managed to have gotten on top of it in 2008/09 when it was a 16 team top div , now I need a weekend of Botev Plovdiv ( if still at Training Complex) and Ludogorets. Although Razgrad is a pig of a place to get in and out of. 8 -12 hour journey by train with change/s and no early morning departures.
Bus timings that I can find are also poor and still upto a 6 hour journey for the 175 miles. Where's my chauffeur ?

This site will be used in the fixtures section.

I have impeccable credentials , sorry to be so curt but I have had my wrist slapped.

greenwood
Youth Team Regular

Jun 29, 2015, 11:02 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Bulgaria 2015/16. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My partner is originally from Bulgaria. She has no intention of going back there. Which probably says it all about that country!

dottirofhod

May 13, 2018, 3:46 AM

Post #6 of 6 (332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Bulgaria 2015/16. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Go on then , after people only just guessing elsewhere , here you go.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3