West Midlands regional league 2015/6

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 9, 2016, 8:57 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #151 of 173 (9453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Red Star Alma the latest to leave WMRL - Going to Staffs County League according to their Twitter.

Two divisions only looks more and more likely?

They've got three divisions listed on Full-Time for 2016-17, but with no teams added yet.

Maybe all of them have left

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 16, 2016, 4:52 PM

Post #152 of 173 (8712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hereford Lads Club are to appeal the decision to not promote them as their ground doesn't have lights. They finished runners up in D1 and expected to get promoted to the Prem.

So will Tipton be reprieved?

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 16, 2016, 5:06 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #153 of 173 (8692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hereford Lads Club are to appeal the decision to not promote them as their ground doesn't have lights. They finished runners up in D1 and expected to get promoted to the Prem.

How can they appeal? They need lights to play in the Premier Division and they haven't got any. Appeal refused.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 16, 2016, 5:11 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #154 of 173 (8674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

How can they appeal? They need lights to play in the Premier Division and they haven't got any. Appeal refused.

They must have had an application in to install lights or why apply for promotion in the first place.

colin
Youth Team Regular

Jun 16, 2016, 6:20 PM

Post #155 of 173 (8565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

They must have had an application in to install lights or why apply for promotion in the first place.

They don't need to apply as it is an internal promotion within the WMRL, but yes i do believe that they have to have an application to install lights. Given that they have a) they have appealed and b) heard 'rumours' they have applied for lights then there must be something in this. I also remember a few seasons ago when Wellington Amateurs were granted promotion despite not having floodlights at the time so this again doesn't paint the WMRL in a very good light as it shows there inconsistencies. It doesn't exactly help when they are probably the last last step 6 league to announce a constitution so anything controversial will always get picked upon.

Sarumio

Jun 16, 2016, 7:28 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #156 of 173 (8479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I would hope they promote AFC Ludlow over reprieving Tipton Town

Bullet Header
First Team Sub

Jun 16, 2016, 7:54 PM

Post #157 of 173 (8439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bit more about Hereford Lads Club here - http://www.herefordtimes.com/...deny_them_promotion/

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 16, 2016, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #158 of 173 (8272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bullet Header] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The small stand shown in the report was not in place for their last league game Perhaps this, rather than floodlights was the reason for them failing ground grading?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 17, 2016, 9:45 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #159 of 173 (7972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I would hope they promote AFC Ludlow over reprieving Tipton Town

Tipton have been in freefall for a number of years mainly down to some of the people running the club and i would back AFC Ludlow over them every day of the week but what's the odds of that happening?

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 17, 2016, 9:47 AM

Post #160 of 173 (7965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lads Club were worthy of promotion on the pitch. But it always struck me as odd that a club could gain promotion to Step 6 without floodlights or seating in place, even with a grace period. On the 4th May, this article was published on the Hereford Times website, stating:
“Currently, there is no stand or floodlights in place at the County Ground, but Moon says the submitted plans have been accepted and the club, in liaison with the Herefordshire Football Association, are now waiting for funds from Sport England to proceed”
The latest announcement suggests one of four things:
  1. Lads Club were misinformed about their promotion eligibility.
  2. Lads Club have missed a deadline to install everything.
  3. The FA have performed a U-turn
  4. The WMRL have performed a U-turn

There may be other scenarios – I can’t think of them at present.
As an AFC Ludlow follower I would be delighted if they were offered promotion. However, I suspect the WMRL are more likely to offer Premier Division reprieves than promote the third place club. This is just a hunch. The only way this may change is if an existing Premier Division club is forced to leave the league through ground grading (Bewdley Town and Wolverhampton Casuals, according to an earlier post on this thread) or through voluntary withdrawal (Bromyard Town).

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

Jun 17, 2016, 10:20 AM

Post #161 of 173 (7920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wellington Amateurs were promoted on the basis that:-

1. The funding was in place.
2. All the other infrastructure was virtually in place.
3. If they failed to get things in place in time then they would be relegated immediately.

The lights went up in late August and the league was right to promote them.

Do Hereford Lads Club have any of the major infrastructure in place?

By that I mean planning permission, floodlight pads and trenches for cabling.

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

Jun 19, 2016, 7:36 PM

Post #162 of 173 (7483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HollowTalker] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have heard rumours (Nothing I can confirm with a club announcement on a website or twitter) that Alscott are trying to gain entry to division 2 fro the Mercian League.

They finished 2nd and FC Oswestry Town gained promotion to the NWCFL. Apparently somebody is opposing the promotion of Alscott. Not sure if it is a league or a county FA but apparently it is due to be decided at Wembley next week.

windydcfc

Jun 19, 2016, 10:25 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #163 of 173 (7336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HollowTalker] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have heard rumours (Nothing I can confirm with a club announcement on a website or twitter) that Alscott are trying to gain entry to division 2 fro the Mercian League.

They finished 2nd and FC Oswestry Town gained promotion to the NWCFL. Apparently somebody is opposing the promotion of Alscott. Not sure if it is a league or a county FA but apparently it is due to be decided at Wembley next week.

I asked them on Twitter & they PM'd me that the MRL are against it. They don't want to lose a 2nd club. But the club are fairly confident that they win there appeal. They said that 4 other MRL have applied to join the WMRL2 & have also appealed to the FA. They said that they will have the new changing rooms ready for the start of the season. The next phase of funding will see floodlights & the main funding will see a stand being installed. But this is unlikely to happen until the end of this season. They did say that if all 5 MRL clubs win there appeals, then the WMRL would most likely become regionalised(I assume this is below the WMRL Prem). Allscott's appeal is 22/06/16 12:15 at Wembley.
They said that they know for definite that AFC Broseley have also applied & are appealing to the FA. They believe the other 3 clubs are Oakengates, Rock Rovers & Brigdnorth Res.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on Jun 19, 2016, 10:44 PM)

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

Jun 20, 2016, 9:39 AM

Post #164 of 173 (6898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If all 5 clubs leave the league then I think that spells the end of it as anything more than a parks league.

I can't understand why Oakengates would want to go back only a season after leaving.

windydcfc

Jun 20, 2016, 9:45 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #165 of 173 (6884 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If all 5 clubs leave the league then I think that spells the end of it as anything more than a parks league.

I can't understand why Oakengates would want to go back only a season after leaving.
He mentioned Prees as the only other club that could improve there facilities. Like you say the rest are basically council owned park clubs.

villan
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2016, 12:48 AM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #166 of 173 (6439 views)
Shortcut

If 5 clubs from Mercian are accepted into WMRL then Oakengates' travel expenses would not be such a burden especially if it leads to lower divisions being regionalised.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 6

OAFC
Junior Team Sub

Jun 21, 2016, 2:35 PM

Post #167 of 173 (5937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi fellas, I used to manage Gates, I haven't heard anything about them applying to be promoted, their new manager has been highly successful at Sunday level and has recruited some top players from teams 2/3 levels above so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to go up into West mids again however i've no idea what pitch they'd be using

colin
Youth Team Regular

Jun 21, 2016, 2:51 PM

Post #168 of 173 (5912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OAFC] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not familiar with the Mercian League but it doesn't look good for them if so many clubs are looking to join the WMRL. I also note that the WMRL AGM is on Monday, if this is not changed i can see Mr and Mrs Juggins handing out some fines for non-attendance with England playing the same night. At least the Midland League changed their AGM from last night to tomorrow.

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 21, 2016, 6:23 PM

Post #169 of 173 (5649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

WMRL Prem table now complete - Wolves Casuals v Wellington on the 14th May when Wellington alledgely didn't travel has gone down as a 0-0 draw - Wellington jump two places in the table to 11th with that point gained

Tim

Jun 21, 2016, 7:09 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #170 of 173 (5578 views)
Shortcut

Can we look forward to Division 2 being completed soon as well?

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 21, 2016, 7:34 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #171 of 173 (5518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colin] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not familiar with the Mercian League but it doesn't look good for them if so many clubs are looking to join the WMRL. I also note that the WMRL AGM is on Monday, if this is not changed i can see Mr and Mrs Juggins handing out some fines for non-attendance with England playing the same night. At least the Midland League changed their AGM from last night to tomorrow.

The AGM has been moved to Wednesday 29th June.

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 22, 2016, 10:08 PM

Post #172 of 173 (5130 views)
Shortcut

Allscott's Assistant Manager Simon Lunt has tweeted that Allscott have won their appeal at Wembley and take their place in WMRL 2 next season

Richard Rundle

Jun 22, 2016, 11:51 PM

Post #173 of 173 (4973 views)
Shortcut

Can someone start a new thread for 2016-17 and put conversation regarding the new season there?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3