First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Ancient Wolf
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 27, 2015, 3:17 PM

Team(s): Middlesbrough and Norton and Stockton Ancients

Post #1 of 173 (30423 views)
Shortcut
West Midlands regional league 2015/6 Can't Post or Reply Privately

WMRL updates on twitter has posted the provisional lineups for Divisions One and Two.
The league's AGM is this monday the 29th.

Division 1

AFC Ludlow
Bartestree
Bustleholme
Darlaston Town (P)
Hereford Lads Club
Kington Town( P)
Penncroft
Shenstone Pathfinder
Shifnal Town (R)
St Martins
Team Dudley
Trysull
Wednesfield (R)
Wem Town
Worcester Raiders
Wrens Nest
Wyrley

Bromyard and Stone OA promoted to Premier Division

Division 2
AFC Worcester Olympic
Bilbrook (N)
FC Stafford
Gornal Colts
Malvern Town U21
Newport Town
Old Wulfrunians(N)
Powick Rangers
Red Star Alma
Sikh Hunters
Telford Juniors (N)
Tipton Youth
Tividale res (N)
Warstones Wdrs
Wolverhampton Utd
Wrens Nesr res (N)

Bartley Green Illley Oakengates Ath and Wyrley res leave the league

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 27, 2015, 5:06 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #2 of 173 (30306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If this is true, how the hell have Darlaston got themselves promoted before Stafford???

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 27, 2015, 6:20 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #3 of 173 (30235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If this is true, how the hell have Darlaston got themselves promoted before Stafford???

Probably a daft question especially at that level but did FC Stafford apply?

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Jun 27, 2015, 6:30 PM

Post #4 of 173 (30222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very surprised about Bartley Green Illey, if that's indeed the case. They seemed a pretty go-ahead club when I visited there tail end of last season.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 27, 2015, 6:47 PM

Post #5 of 173 (30196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

They shouldn't need to apply for in-league promotions, and they have tweeted that they are very disappointed with the decision.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 27, 2015, 6:49 PM

Post #6 of 173 (30188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Very surprised about Bartley Green Illey, if that's indeed the case. They seemed a pretty go-ahead club when I visited there tail end of last season.

From Facebook, 31st May -

Contrary to hear say and gossip in local football, we would like to publicly declare, Bartley Green Illey Football Club are NOT 'folding'. We don't know where this speculation has come from, but anyone relaying such information should be ignored. If anyone wishes to discuss anything, or to ask questions, please contact the club directly.
Regards, Chantell & Jamie Marler,
co-Chair Bartley Green Illey FC.

kirby knitters

Jun 27, 2015, 6:53 PM

Post #7 of 173 (30183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Even with that horrendous driveway up to the ground? And you having parked at Highgate UnitedSly

kirby knitters

Jun 27, 2015, 6:56 PM

Post #8 of 173 (30177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

d
They shouldn't need to apply for in-league promotions, and they have tweeted that they are very disappointed with the decision.

Interested to know why the club were refused then.

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Jun 27, 2015, 7:21 PM

Post #9 of 173 (30143 views)
Shortcut

Wiki is showing St Martins as a Premier Club (promoted) for 2015/16, not Division 1? And no Wellington Amateurs??

https://en.wikipedia.org/...gue_Premier_Division

(This post was edited by Ostrich on Jun 27, 2015, 7:29 PM)

royboy
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 28, 2015, 2:00 AM

Team(s): Borrowash

Post #10 of 173 (29955 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Wiki is showing St Martins as a Premier Club (promoted) for 2015/16, not Division 1? And no Wellington Amateurs??

https://en.wikipedia.org/...gue_Premier_Division

Now showing Wellington Amateurs in Div 1. 3up/3down

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 28, 2015, 12:34 PM

Post #11 of 173 (29775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Where have Old Wulfrunians and Telford Juniors come from?
Are they likely to have strong sides?

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 28, 2015, 12:50 PM

Post #12 of 173 (29749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Where have Old Wulfrunians and Telford Juniors come from?
Are they likely to have strong sides?

As to the first part, Old Wulfrunians have come from the Birmingham AFA and Telford Juniors from the Mercian Regional League

As to the second part, who knows?

colin
Youth Team Regular

Jun 28, 2015, 2:09 PM

Post #13 of 173 (29669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would normally take these type of rumours with no references/sources a with a pinch of salt. Wikipedia is normally not the most reliable of pages either but with this being the WMRL we are talking about some of this wouldn't surprise me one bit.

acmold

Jun 28, 2015, 4:19 PM

Post #14 of 173 (29601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Old Wulfrunians may or may not be the reserves of AFC Wulfrunians who were begat from Old Wulfrunians a few years ago. They play next door to each other, or are they now going to play on the same ground. Though the Old Wulfs ground would I think be good enough.

Telford Juniors is sort of a swop for Oakengates Athletic, they use the same ground the latter only came up / across / down last season from the Mercian . Salop League?.

Hoggie
Ballboy/girl

Jun 28, 2015, 5:54 PM

Post #15 of 173 (29524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Old Wulfrunians are not AFC Wulfrunians reserves, and will not be playing at Castlcroft Stadium. They will be playing at the Memorial Ground over the road. The come into the West Midlands Regional league as winners of the Birmingham AFA Premier Division. Whilst the teams are separate, both clubs do retain strong links. Old Wulfruinians will be a welcome addition to the West Midlands Regional League and will be a strong side.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 29, 2015, 10:12 PM

Post #16 of 173 (29178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hoggie] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Line up now on Full Time. Only 2 up 2 down between Prem and First (so Wiki was wrong). Stafford also promoted (I should think so too), making 18 teams in First. Another new team in the Second - WonderVaults (from the Bham AFA Division 6 West???)

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

Jun 30, 2015, 8:08 AM

Post #17 of 173 (29002 views)
Shortcut

Glad to see the line ups particularly with Wellington Amateurs still in the Premier. I thought it would have been harsh to relegate 3 teams when the habit had been to relegate 2.

Ams have worked really hard over the years to develop their ground whilst developing a junior section. Sadly there are other clubs that don't appear to do the same and are happy to ground share and run just the one team.

Not saying all clubs should be forced to run like this but I just feel that they should get credit for the work they do.

MACKY
Youth Team Regular

Jun 30, 2015, 8:55 AM

Team(s): Darlaston, Dudley Town, Gornal Ath, Dudley Sports, Bilston, Willenhall,

Post #18 of 173 (28966 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

FC Stafford (Riverway) have moved back to their former home at Long Lane and got promoted along with Kington & Darlaston.
Darlaston now have a new home at Bentley Pavilion and will be developed with WMRL Premier Division football in mind in due course.
Re Old Wulfs & Ttelford Juniors great to have them into the WMRL - I ground graded these venues when I was an official with the WMRL & Shrops County League.
I have left the MFL and joined Darlaston Town - which is just a mere 56 miles from my Mid Wales base
www.darlastontown1874fc.com

OAFC
Junior Team Sub

Jul 1, 2015, 10:42 AM

Post #19 of 173 (28631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MACKY] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Telford Juniors will do alright in West mids, they are all mates, all local to Dawley. Doseley road is a cabbage patch it didnt suit Gates last year as we were a footballing side, however Juniors have played there for years and they know how to play it. They are a big physical team who dont mind a battle and they can be very intimidating. They have money behind them too so will be interesting to see if they get any other players in.

MACKY
Youth Team Regular

Jul 3, 2015, 7:40 AM

Team(s): Darlaston, Dudley Town, Gornal Ath, Dudley Sports, Bilston, Willenhall,

Post #20 of 173 (28270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OAFC] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As Telford is a Midlands New Town (C) 1968
Perhaps in the light of Market Drayton Tigers, Morda and Whitchurch Alport all Telford & Wrekin Club should if they desire apply for WMRL division 2!
After all Telford is only referred to as being Shropshire when its favours Shrewsbury & surrounding areas.
Wonder Vaults have come into the WMRL league as a newly born Saturday club - Oakengates and now Telford Juniors have had to earn it. Im sorry to see them go.
Telford unfortunately should have formed it's own FA in the 1970's, the proposed HQ of GKN Sankey would have been ideal.
If you were to remove all Telford clubs out of the Shropshire equation then I'm afraid there would be bugger all left!
Regards
Mac

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Jul 3, 2015, 9:32 AM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #21 of 173 (28223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MACKY] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I will be interested to find out where Powick Rangers are plying their trade this coming season as i have seen them at at least 4 venues in various guises.

And Wondervaults FC???- last season a team of that name on a Sunday used Oldbury United`s ground... howver further investigation say they might be an Asian team playing either at Holly Lodge High School or West Smethwick Park??

There again I could and probably am completely wrong!!! Time will tell.

dottirofhod

Jul 3, 2015, 9:43 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #22 of 173 (28204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

And Wondervaults FC???- last season a team of that name on a Sunday used Oldbury United`s ground... howver further investigation say they might be an Asian team playing either at Holly Lodge High School or West Smethwick Park??

The F A has them as at West Park Rd. Which is where Holly Lodge High School is. Of course the F A may not be upto speed.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Tim

Jul 3, 2015, 10:11 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #23 of 173 (28173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The F A has them as at West Park Rd. Which is where Holly Lodge High School is. Of course the F A may not be upto speed.

Birmingham AFA has them at West Smethwick Park, West Park Road, which is opposite the school. Perhaps they play in the middle of the road. Possible in the WMRL....

dottirofhod

Jul 3, 2015, 10:19 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #24 of 173 (28159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes Tim, large expanse other side of road to school. Cricket pitch and poss football.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Jul 3, 2015, 12:48 PM

Post #25 of 173 (28073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] West Midlands regional league 2015/6 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yes Tim, large expanse other side of road to school. Cricket pitch and poss football.

Indeed. WSP is a vast park with at least five football pitches and a boating lake!

On the day I visited to watch Smethwick Raiders in the Brum AFA, there were several other AFA games going on including a side in the Brum Junior cup.

Holly Lodge school plays host to Rowley College of the WM Christian league. I went there earlier last season when Tim couldn't be bothered to join me. No stamina these youngsters!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3