INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
PSF's.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 1, 2015, 9:44 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 17 (23259 views)
Shortcut
PSF's. Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've just added a friendly for Saturday July 25th , that thread is now 7 pages long.
Is it necessary to keep all previous postings bar the last update ? Can't someone delete previous posts once in a while ?
It and other dates are reaching gigantic proportions and apart from the game/s added it's all repetition.
Apart from the game/s added it's all repetition.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 278 /236 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 24 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 19. Good run (19) until tonight 22 / 06.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Sarumio

Jun 1, 2015, 9:48 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 17 (23257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] PSF's. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've just added a friendly for Saturday July 25th , that thread is now 7 pages long.
Is it necessary to keep all previous postings bar the last update ? Can't someone delete previous posts once in a while ?
It and other dates are reaching gigantic proportions and apart from the game/s added it's all repetition.

Yeah and also, dont forget that apart from the game/s added it's all repetition.

(This post was edited by Sarumio on Jun 1, 2015, 9:48 AM)

dottirofhod

Jun 1, 2015, 9:52 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 17 (23248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] PSF's. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn't take long.
Didn't take long.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 278 /236 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 24 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 19. Good run (19) until tonight 22 / 06.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 1, 2015, 12:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 17 (23202 views)
Shortcut

The easiest way to do this is for a moderator to copy the last post. Then go back to the first post, hit delete and choose the option delete post and all xx number of replies. Then paste the post that was copied into the thread as post #1 again.

I'll do a few as and when I get around to them. I agree, it's a bit cumbersome otherwise

Edit: having just done 25 July, it takes a little while to delete a very long thread and if you delete the first post and all replies it deletes the thread altogether (which makes sense). So you have to make a new thread and add your copy to it.

(This post was edited by steve walker on Jun 1, 2015, 12:43 PM)

ladderman

Jun 2, 2015, 11:48 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #5 of 17 (23069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] PSF's. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

TBH Steve, I've had other more pressing things to do - no one's ever stepped up to help despite requests - and as Leo's made it pretty clear over the last year that he'd be happy for me to FRO, I wasn't over inclined to bust a gut.

I've done quite a few. I'll do some more when I have time.

The quickest method for the big threads is to detach the bottom post (making it a new thread) and deleting the original. That does rely on people following the correct procedure, though.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 2, 2015, 5:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 17 (22983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] PSF's. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
TBH Steve, I've had other more pressing things to do

No problem. It's purely voluntary as is all the moderating on the forum

ladderman

Jun 2, 2015, 5:26 PM

Post #7 of 17 (22979 views)
Shortcut

And I thought you were making big bucksWink

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 20, 2015, 5:07 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #8 of 17 (22635 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

And doing some checking lots of the stuff going on the thread is factually incorrect and i thought the NLP was bad. Best stay away from these games to be on the safe side.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 20, 2015, 7:40 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 17 (22596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] PSF's. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

And doing some checking lots of the stuff going on the thread is factually incorrect and i thought the NLP was bad. Best stay away from these games to be on the safe side.

Sorry? "lots of the stuff... is factually incorrect"?? Are you sure about that? Obviously the advice is always to check with the home club before travelling to a game but really... lots of it is incorrect??

You do know that if you find something wrong you can edit it? This is a community based forum idea that has grown over the years and you are a part of the forum community.

kirby knitters

Jun 20, 2015, 8:01 PM

Post #10 of 17 (22583 views)
Shortcut

As you say along with the NLP always best to check on games of this sort before travelling. Mistakes are bound to occur with the number of fixtures that are being posted.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 20, 2015, 8:49 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 17 (22563 views)
Shortcut

Yes but sorry to press you on this but.... you say lots of the info in our PSF threads are factually incorrect. I'm sure that isn't great either for the forum members who take the time to update these threads, for the forum users who use them or for me as I want to tweet them to the wider non league community to get greater exposure for the site and the non league game. I don't want to do that if they are wrong.

Most of the PSF's I have added myself have come directly from the Leagues or Clubs themselves. I'm sure that applies to everyone who has contributed. We all want the information to be accurate. So telling people to avoid our PSF lists is a real insult to everyone who is doing their best to get that information out there. As I say, if you see that something is inaccurate you can edit it as you are a part of the NLM community.

kirby knitters

Jun 20, 2015, 9:33 PM

Post #12 of 17 (22548 views)
Shortcut

Certainly not advocating people stay away from PSF games that the good folk off here have taken time and trouble getting info and posting as i've used the service myself, i was talking more about myself giving them a wide berth.. Edit is the wordWink

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 20, 2015, 10:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 17 (22534 views)
Shortcut

Well I obviously misunderstood or can't read English.

I think our PSF threads are THE best place on the internet or anywhere else for that matter to list and publicise these games and they are a great help to the clubs listed. If anyone spots any errors they have the ability to edit them out unlike most other media sources and I would hope that they would do so. It should result in the most accurate listings available.

That's all I have to say on this one.... Thanks

scottywalds
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2015, 7:07 AM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #14 of 17 (22463 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Rather than keeping these errors to yourself, please post on the relevant threads... otherwise you're helping no-one.

Eastbourne
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 21, 2015, 7:27 AM

Team(s): Chelsea,Eastbourne clubs

Post #15 of 17 (22456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] PSF's. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would say that this site is the best place to find PSF's as we have many fans connected with smaller clubs who the NLP would not bother about.
I for one have not only added many games , put some comments onto PSF's where I think they are wrong, have changed some times and added venue's to help others.
Several clubs down south have almost completely changed their schedule from the first provisional list, and so its easy to see mistakes creeping in, but have to say that generally people are giving us good information.
I would never though just go to a game listed without checking with both clubs websites to confirm the fixture, times and places can change even the day before the game, Walton Casuals would be a good example.
This is a good service and quiet frankly the people who don't go to PSF's are probably the one's shouting loudest about the service , but like life you only get out what you put in.

kirby knitters

Jun 21, 2015, 11:41 AM

Post #16 of 17 (22402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] PSF's. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Rather than keeping these errors to yourself, please post on the relevant threads... otherwise you're helping no-one.

Point taken and one look at the NLP today shows there is no comparison between that and this, where do they get info from? It's certainly not from clubs, anyway that's for another thread altogether and there will be no more complaints from me just changes if i see errors.

ladderman

Aug 30, 2015, 3:23 PM

Post #17 of 17 (13771 views)
Shortcut

Pre-season is officially over. All threads closed, so if you could do the honours and close the board, I'll let you know whether I can do it again near the end of the season

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3