Compensation for clinical negligence

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 16, 2015, 11:35 AM

Team(s): Yeovil Town FC

Post #1 of 5 (1266 views)
Shortcut
Compensation for clinical negligence Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has anyone here ever had to make a claim for compensation following upon a case of serious medical negligence?

I find myself in this position atm, having found what seems to be a jolly good legal practice to put forward my case, but I was wondering if any folks here might have tips - e.g. say, not-so-obvious things that one should include within the claim?

One definite query I have, along those lines, is whether the award of any compensation (which is a cash sum partially awarded to cover one's extra future expenses because of; and partially awarded to 'make up for', in my case; permanent loss of a limb and associated psychological trauma.) will simply get 'eaten away' by dint of the Benefits Office cancelling any future benefit I may have been entitled to? Is one supposed to add-in an estimate for the total value of such lost benefit in one's compensation claim? Surely, it wouldn't actually be compensating me if the Benefits Office simply claws it back in week-by-week?

It gets complex, you see, and while my lawyers will no doubt come up with all the answers to my questions, I need to try to ask all the questions, and all the right questions.

Therefore, if anyone can shed some light on what those questions actually are - please posit them here. Tx.

Inherited by AngusGF

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2015, 11:48 AM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #2 of 5 (1258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] Compensation for clinical negligence [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Try your local CAB...at least it's free advice and they are normally very good.

Not sure if they cover your situation but doesn't hurt to ask.

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

richiejenn
First Team Star

Apr 17, 2015, 6:59 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 5 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Compensation for clinical negligence [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Benefit claim rules are also a minefield but DQ has pointed you in the right direction.
Some solicitors provide an initial consultation for only a small fee. I have one near me that charges 5 for a 30 minute consultation. It may help to search local solicitors that could offer something similar.

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 17, 2015, 7:33 PM

Team(s): Yeovil Town FC

Post #4 of 5 (1115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Compensation for clinical negligence [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks fellas.

Well, as I said, I've got a top-notch Legal team already, and they're working the case for me... but I like to be involved, do some of the work myself, enhance my understanding, etc.

They will without doubt, discover these answers, but I want to preempt them. I'll certainly give CAB a call, I hope CAB can send someone out to see me, as in a wheelchair, not yet in receipt of my prosthetic leg & untrained with its use, I'm quite effectively housebound.

Cheers.

Inherited by AngusGF

TempWorksCo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 19, 2015, 6:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 5 (816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] Compensation for clinical negligence [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Thanks fellas.

Well, as I said, I've got a top-notch Legal team already, and they're working the case for me... but I like to be involved, do some of the work myself, enhance my understanding, etc.

They will without doubt, discover these answers, but I want to preempt them. I'll certainly give CAB a call, I hope CAB can send someone out to see me, as in a wheelchair, not yet in receipt of my prosthetic leg & untrained with its use, I'm quite effectively housebound.

Cheers.

Not got a leg to stand on then!?,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Grounds visited - A few
Wetherspoons visited - Not many
Ales tasted - Loads

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3