Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Fantasy Football League (BBC2)

stevie81
Ballboy/girl

Nov 27, 2014, 1:24 AM

Post #1 of 1 (10582 views)
Shortcut
Fantasy Football League (BBC2) Can't Post or Reply Privately

This was and is one of my favourite shows, not the World Cup '98 and Euro 2004 ITV versions, but the original run on BBC in 1994-96. It was a brilliant mix of comedy and the serious business of a real fantasy football league, with celebrity managers. That whole concept was completely lost on later video releases so unless you have copies of the original episodes taped from television, you wouldn't know a great deal of the humour came from taking the mickey of the various dream teams.

I still find that Baddiel was carried somewhat by Skinner and that his snide remarks towards Statto were actually borne out of the fact that Statto was a far more entertaining element of the show than he was, that aside, this was one of the great 90's comedy shows.

I have been trying to source out the entire BBC series, I have managed to locate all but one.

Here's my YT page, which has four very rare series 1 episodes that I managed to source - https://www.youtube.com/user/GinolasSon/videos

I do post here in the hope that someone here has the final episode I need, which is Series 1, Episode 17, aired 6th May 1994, featuring Karren Brady and Bob Mortimer as guests, I am hoping one of you guys may have this on an old vhs, or already digitised, and could help me out. Please let me know

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3