The death of Serie A

Mega Hot tea
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 24, 2014, 6:03 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers & Boreham Wood

Post #1 of 11 (9181 views)
Shortcut
The death of Serie A Can't Post or Reply Privately

In light of recent results in European competiton, the has beens moving to Italy for final pay days and the loss of a champions league place, I Just wondered what peoples thoughts are on all this?

In the wake of Romas 7-1 public humiliation at the hands of Bayern which was an humiliation of the entire spectrum of Italian club football seeing how Roma are many peoples clear favourites to win the scudetto and along with Juve (who also lost) are Italys only hope in European club football. Where did it all go wrong and where from here?

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 24, 2014, 6:36 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 11 (9169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mega Hot tea] The death of Serie A [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My first thought is that this is a freak result, though Bayern can be lethal on their day. Roma drew at the home of the champions of the best league in the world only a couple of weeks previously...

Don't follow Serie A much, though, so can't really comment. Maybe the hooliganism and the match-fixing scandals have contributed to its demise?

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 24, 2014, 7:00 PM

Team(s): None

Post #3 of 11 (9152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] The death of Serie A [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Italian teams are unbeaten in the Europa League,which will gain them some ranking points.

jrev61

kirby knitters

Oct 24, 2014, 7:16 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4 of 11 (9141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] The death of Serie A [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Italian teams are unbeaten in the Europa League,which will gain them some ranking points.

Napoli lost to Young Boys 2-0.

Mega Hot tea
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 25, 2014, 9:08 AM

Post #5 of 11 (9057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] The death of Serie A [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have serious doubts as to even if Italain clubs make an effort in the EUEFA Cup. For clubs like Inter and Napoli it must be some what of an humiliation to be trying against 'lesser' sides from lesser nations, the stadiums are near empty when they play home legs, its a reminder of how far thier league has fallen,.

Fiorentina and Torino my view it differently but must be aware that when the CL clubs enter they are not in all likleyhood going to be albe to win the thing.

(This post was edited by Mega Hot tea on Oct 25, 2014, 9:10 AM)

kirby knitters

Oct 25, 2014, 9:17 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 11 (9050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mega Hot tea] The death of Serie A [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have serious doubts as to even if Italain clubs make an effort in the EUEFA Cup. For clubs like Inter and Napoli it must be some what of an humiliation to be trying against 'lesser' sides from lesser nations, the stadiums are near empty when they play home legs, its a reminder of how far thier league has fallen,.

Fiorentina and Torino my view it differently but must be aware that when the CL clubs enter they are not in all likleyhood going to be albe to win the thing.

Agree, given the choice i think Inter would give the competition a miss altogether and tho they were the only winners when the scandals came to light winning everything on offer they have now hit the buffers and it could be years before Italy dominates the CL again.

derekn
First Team Star

Oct 25, 2014, 10:03 AM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #7 of 11 (9034 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Inter are averaging 35,000 per home game in this season's Europa League, but I guess a fact never helps boost an argument, does it?

zebedee
First Team Star

Oct 25, 2014, 1:36 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #8 of 11 (9005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] The death of Serie A [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

35 000 is still nearer empty than full Wink

Mega Hot tea
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 26, 2014, 3:01 PM

Post #9 of 11 (8686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] The death of Serie A [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Inter are averaging 35,000 per home game in this season's Europa League, but I guess a fact never helps boost an argument, does it?

Argument? Where? Laugh

They havnt even had a European attendance greater or equivelant to 35,000 yet so how did you come up with that number?

(This post was edited by Mega Hot tea on Oct 26, 2014, 3:04 PM)

Fanatic
First Team Star

Oct 26, 2014, 3:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 11 (8666 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Argument? Where? Laugh

They havnt even had a European attendance greater or equivelant to 35,000 yet so how did you come up with that number?

They had a crowd of 46,440 for their game against Stjarnan.

Combined with their two other crowds (28,435 vs Qarabag and 30,000 vs St Etienne), the average is 34,958.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 27, 2014, 5:41 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #11 of 11 (8160 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Where did it all go wrong

Perhaps it's harder to bribe referees these days.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3