INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
That's me done this season...

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 14, 2014, 3:40 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #1 of 12 (1583 views)
Shortcut
That's me done this season... Can't Post or

Just thought I'd pop you all a message in case you all wonder what has happened in several months time...

Well I finished Uni a few months ago and have had no luck with the job search, but enquired on a website about going abroad and teaching English. Little known thing I'd secretly love to be a History teacher, and was thinking of doing a PGCE next year, but need experience in a classroom. Anyway....

I am off to Thailand at the back end of October for six months, so all my plans are off. No Gdansk, no African Cup of Nations, no matches of any kind. In the coming days I'll be booking a one way flight and hopefully things crossed, will fulfill a dream to work abroad. The money isn't going to be great, but it will be for Thai standards, grand a month isn't too bad. The experience is everything though.

So no WDYG posts, unless of course I get bored. Hopefully get some work in the meantime, and save up quite a bit. Going a small 4 figure sum to make it happen but I will easily make it back in my six months out there.

Who knows what the future holds, but I'll stick around until the end of October and post where necessary but not on matches. All goes well, I'll be seeing a few Thai games but nothing till then.

Ta for now.

Tom

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Aug 14, 2014, 3:44 PM)

bakis
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 14, 2014, 3:57 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers

Post #2 of 12 (1571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] That's me done this season... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All the very best in this brave venture, let's hope it helps to get your career going. Mind you there are those who've gone off to do this and stayed for decades! I'll be surprised if we're not treated to some observations about obscure corners of the Thai game (and how they compare with the Hope Valley league perhaps).

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 14, 2014, 5:37 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #3 of 12 (1531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] That's me done this season... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

good luck and enjoy Cool

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Aug 14, 2014, 5:50 PM

Post #4 of 12 (1519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] That's me done this season... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, good luck from me too!

jrev61

Aug 14, 2014, 10:41 PM

Team(s): None

Post #5 of 12 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] That's me done this season... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Watch out for the ladyboys !!!

jrev61

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Aug 14, 2014, 11:22 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #6 of 12 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] That's me done this season... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good luck, Tom! I'm sure it will be a great experience and also a good chance to look at whether you'd enjoy teaching without the need to commit to it.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

Isaac

Aug 15, 2014, 9:57 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #7 of 12 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Good luck with it all, nice to see somebody with some ambition.

thowdreds
Youth Team Star

Aug 15, 2014, 10:17 AM

Team(s): Accrington Stanley, Blackburn Rovers, BurnleyLeicester City, Halesowen Town

Post #8 of 12 (1311 views)
Shortcut

All the best. Hope it works out for you.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Aug 15, 2014, 10:41 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thowdreds] That's me done this season... [In reply to] Can't Post or

Good luck young man and we will all be waiting to see if you come back as Arthur or Martha!
Enjoy the experience and check for Adam's Apples before dipping your bread in!

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 15, 2014, 11:20 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #10 of 12 (1282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] That's me done this season... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good luck Tom, and enjoy yourself!

pitch 63
First Team Star

Aug 15, 2014, 11:30 AM

Post #11 of 12 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Tom
I have never met you or corresponded with you, but I have much enjoyed your posts since the days when I joined this select bunch about 5/6 years ago.
I guess many of us are jealous of your youth, your lack of commitments [wives, kids, mortgages, etc.] and the chance you have to do this. Enjoy it, and I hope that the Military Junta that took over in May does not spoil the whole event.
pitch 63

bomaya
First Team Star

Aug 15, 2014, 12:21 PM

Team(s): Merstham and Chelsea

Post #12 of 12 (1257 views)
Shortcut

Very brave to jump into the unknown like this. Good luck to you!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3