AFC Portchester PO16 9DP
Alresford Town SO24 9EP
Andover Town SP10 3LF
Bemerton Heath Harlequiins SP2 9DT
Blackfield & Langley SO45 1GA
Bournemouth BH9 2RA
Brockenhurst SO42 7RE
Christchurch BH23 6DY
Fareham Town PO14 1RH (Do not use clubs actual postcode, it sends you the wrong side of the car park barrier and a mile and half detour)
Fawley SO45 2PA
Folland Sports SO31 4NF
Hamworthy United BH15 4BF
Horndean PO8 9NZ
Lymington Town SO41 9ZG
Moneyfields PO3 6LA
Newport IOW PO30 2QH
Petersfield Town GU31 4BW
Totton & Eling SO40 2RW
Verwood Town BH21 6RS
Whitchurch United RG28 7RB
Winchester City SO23 7SR

Division 1 15 Clubs

Amesbury Town SP4 7BB
Andover New Street SP11 0HS
Cowes Sports PO31 7NT
Downton SP5 3NF
East Cowes Vics PO32 6PA
Fleet Spurs GU14 0ST
Hythe & Dibden (As Blackfield & Langley until early October when new ground ready. No idea of that post-code)
Laverstock & Ford SP1 1QX
New Milton Town BH25 6QB
Pewsey Vale SN9 5BS
Ringwood Town BH25 3BX
Romsey Town SO51 8GJ
Tadley Calleva RG26 3PX
Team Solent SO16 9BP
US Portsmouth PO1 2HB

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

(This post was edited by splodge on Jul 10, 2014, 9:42 AM)

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 28, 2014, 12:46 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #2 of 8 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

... just a couple of points of interest...

Alresford Town SP24 9EP - should be SO24 9EP - though it is only 5 miles nearer So'ton than S(P)alisbury - so of course you're excused! Smile

Hythe & Dibden (As Blackfield & Langley until early October when new ground ready. No idea of that post-code)

...new ground will be at at Clayfields Sports Centre off of Claypits Lane - Postcode currently given as SO45 5TN

Bit of news re delays to opening hence g/share @ B&L - seems to be trouble with the pipework (taken from H&D's website)

Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen problem with a gas pipe, Hythe won’t be ready to play at their new home as early as planned.
They had hoped to be in for the start of the new Sydenhams One season, but will temporarily groundshare with neighbours Blackfield & Langley while repair work is carried out.

“It’s put us two or three months behind,” Cox explained.

“There was subsidence at the end of the (clubhouse) building and the roots of a tree got wrapped around the gas pipe.

“They’ve taken the trees out and hopefully the rest of the repair work will be done by the end of next month.

“We’ve got new floodlights to go up and we had the Football Association down last week and are in negotiations with them over grants.

“Hopefully, if the contracts are signed by then, the clubhouse will be up and running at Clayfields by the beginning of August and we’ll have the reserves playing there for the start of the Wyvern League season.

“The Sydenhams League have said we can groundshare for up to 13 weeks and Blackfield have been very generous to us.”

(This post was edited by royals26 on Jun 28, 2014, 12:47 PM)

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 28, 2014, 1:19 PM

Post #3 of 8 (3411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Alresford Town SP24 9EP - should be SO24 9EP

What's a P amongst friendsShocked On second thoughts don't askTongue

Amended

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

isdoo
Youth Team Sub

Jul 25, 2014, 10:14 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SO45 1GA

royals26

Jul 26, 2014, 10:00 AM

Post #5 of 8 (2573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isdoo] Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

SO45 1GA

... just a point of clarification: S045 1GA (cos I know I'm easily confused Smile) is indeed Gang Warily home of B&L

- SO45 5TN is/will/should be the new postcode for Hythe & Dibden when they move to their new home @ (or near) Clayfields Sports Centre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE : Is it just me or has the Wessex League website gone tits up this AM - my bookmark (and google) now directs you to what appears to be an older version ie from BEFORE last season? Crazy

http://wessexleague.co.uk/

... I was trying to check on the Friendlies etc = which were on a link off of the Fixtures on the 'old' new one - if you see what I mean? Unsure

... any info from the splodgemeister? Cool

(This post was edited by royals26 on Jul 26, 2014, 10:08 AM)

Newportonian
Junior Team Star

Jul 29, 2014, 2:24 PM

Team(s): Newport IOW.

Post #6 of 8 (2264 views)
Shortcut

NOTE : Is it just me or has the Wessex League website gone tits up this AM - my bookmark (and google) now directs you to what appears to be an older version ie from BEFORE last season? Crazy

I'm glad it is not just me who has noticed this.
It is a pain, especially at the start bof the season.
It has been like this now for several days.

WHY CAN'T THE PERSON WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WEBSITE DO THEIR JOB AND GET IN CORRECTED.

royals26

Jul 29, 2014, 5:30 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Newportonian] Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
...... Is it just me or has the Wessex League website gone tits up this AM - my bookmark (and google) now directs you to what appears to be an older version ie from BEFORE last season? Crazy

I'm glad it is not just me who has noticed this.
It is a pain, especially at the start bof the season.
It has been like this now for several days.

WHY CAN'T THE PERSON WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WEBSITE DO THEIR JOB AND GET IN CORRECTED.

... I rather suspect this is why it HASN'T been corrected - ie they've probably been 'doing their job' and not found the time to pursue their hobby - ie using their spare time to provide info for others ?

A lot of these websites including some of the official one's, are powered by a labour of love and goodwill and its all too easy to snipe from a forum - see similar thread querying lack of updates on a pitchero site somewhere: - seems the chap who would normally do it has been laid up in hospital. Frown

Hence why my original query was part-directed at someone 'in the know' on matters 'Wessex' - I'd expect splodge or Jaundiced Hack or Mek might come on here and fill us in, on what's gone awry in due course?

VP

Jul 29, 2014, 11:08 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2056 views)
Shortcut

I was amazed when I found out some step 5 leagues have full time employees. I thought they were all voluntary.
I don't know about the Wessex League in this regard but I will say whoever does their Twitter account is very good.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3