Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Administration: NLM Main Site:
NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

drawoh
First Team Sub

Jul 1, 2015, 10:07 AM

Post #276 of 290 (31496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Middlesex County League Division One West.

The table looks to be correct but the first two explanations below appear to be erroneous.

You have three points deducted then subsequently awarded back to New Hanford and Imperial College Old Boys.

Should that not simply read "3 points awarded to" New Hanford and Imperial College Old Boys?

The software only permits us to deduct points; it won't allow us to add points. Hence it's -3 points deducted. The second sentence was an attempt to clarify, but I can see that it could also cause confusion. I've tried rewording one of the two. Does that look better? (As far as what we are permitted to insert as an explanation, we only have liberty to say what appears after the colon.)

hawkwind
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2015, 10:40 AM

Post #277 of 290 (31476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drawoh] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Middlesex County League Division One West.

The table looks to be correct but the first two explanations below appear to be erroneous.

You have three points deducted then subsequently awarded back to New Hanford and Imperial College Old Boys.

Should that not simply read "3 points awarded to" New Hanford and Imperial College Old Boys?

The software only permits us to deduct points; it won't allow us to add points. Hence it's -3 points deducted. The second sentence was an attempt to clarify, but I can see that it could also cause confusion. I've tried rewording one of the two. Does that look better? (As far as what we are permitted to insert as an explanation, we only have liberty to say what appears after the colon.)

So the first part before the colon is automatically generated?

Perhaps in the case of negative deductions the generated text could be changed to say "points awarded to". Sounds a simple code change via the addition of an if-else test. To be included next time there are modifications?

As for now I think your change looks good, clearer. I like the "in effect".

royals26
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2015, 9:07 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #278 of 290 (28004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

... haven't read the recent posts exhaustively BUT from the TABLES/FIXTURES/RESULTS panels this AM there appears to be no Sussex Leagues and selecting either of the SCEL brings up Sussex NOT SCEL??

...or am I missing something obvious? Shocked

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 6, 2015, 10:22 AM

Post #279 of 290 (27929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
... haven't read the recent posts exhaustively BUT from the TABLES/FIXTURES/RESULTS panels this AM there appears to be no Sussex Leagues and selecting either of the SCEL brings up Sussex NOT SCEL??

...or am I missing something obvious? Shocked

Is it the former Sussex County League which you are referring to?

If so, the league has changed its name to the Southern Combination League, and its divisions can be found by following the appropriate links in the Step 5-6 and Step 7 sections of the main site.

To make matters more complicated, when changing its name, the league also changed the names/numbers of its constituent divisions, thus Division One became Premier Division, Division Two became Division One, etc.

One thing which has remained consistent, is that, as a result of the league using the word Combination in its new title, it kept the same name for its website - http://www.scfl.org.uk/

To find results and tables from previous seasons on this site, follow the links to the new league/division name, and then select a previous season. There will be a note above the list of seasons saying what the previous league/division was called.

royals26
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2015, 12:54 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #280 of 290 (27797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drawoh] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

...thanks - so it was me Blush

- not being a Sussex watcher hadn't spotted the name change - which means (sans County tag) that it is now similar to the 'old' Kent League which become Southern Counties East, as opposed to what I clicked on expecting to see it -i.e. the Southern Combination League Premier -

... which notary/panel of blazers came up with that name - with me it merely evokes thoughts of a Reserve section

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2015, 3:58 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #281 of 290 (27672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Map for Welsh Football League division 1 is coming up with Combined Counties teams and header? Divisions 2 & 3 are fine

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (766) Solitude Cliftonville 3-2 Linfield (30/9/17)
With FC United: 129
On the agenda:
Oct 22; Stabaek v Tromso
Oct 28: FC United v Nuneaton Town

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2015, 4:43 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #282 of 290 (27645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Few corrections

Essex & Suffolk Border League
Wormingford & Colne Engaine Wanderers appear to have de-merged. Colne Engaine are back in the Mid-Essex League - and so the team in Div One should be called Wormingford Wanderers.
Holland (and their reserves in D1) and Barnston dont need FC after their names.

Central Midlands League
Thoresby Colliery Welfare have folded and need to be removed from the North Div table

Dorset Premier
Tintinhull have folded and need to be removed

Essex Olympian
Southminster St Leonards have resigned from the league and need to be removed from D1 table. They have taken their lower ranked teams' places in the Mid Essex League

Leicestershire Senior
In D1 - Asfordby Amateurs have folded and need removing.

Midland D2
Aston have dropped back into the Birmingham & District League, taking their reserves place and so need removing from Midland D2 table.

Middlesex County D1 West
Conquest Football Academy are actually just called Conquest according to FA find a Club.

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2015, 4:55 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #283 of 290 (27634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Northants Combination
Welford Victoria have folded in the Prem, Heyford Athletic have taken their place.
Gretton have been demoted to D1.

Northern Alliance
Killingworth Station have become Killingworth Town
Shilbottle CW should be Shilbottle Colliery Welfare

Sheffiled & Hallamshire
Joker have folded in Prem, Frecheville CA have be reprieved and taken their place.
In Div One Grimethorpe have not change their name - they should still have Sports in their name.

Staffs Co

LAFC should be Longton Area. Norton Fc should be Norton, Wetley Victoria should be prefixed with AFC. Penridge Town should be Penkridge.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 6, 2015, 9:26 PM

Post #284 of 290 (27493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] & [oftenscore6] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Thanks for your posts, oftenscore6 and Sarumio.

May not get to them today, but will certainly fix all the problems before too long.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 6, 2015, 10:35 PM

Post #285 of 290 (27476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Map for Welsh Football League division 1 is coming up with Combined Counties teams and header? Divisions 2 & 3 are fine

I've no idea how that happened. I certainly prepared the correct map, but for some reason inserted the wrong one. Should be ok now.

Many thanks for pointing the error out!

I see the mileage chart for that same division is displaying a Not Found 404 message. I'll take that one up with Steve.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 6, 2015, 10:59 PM

Post #286 of 290 (27465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2014-15 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Few corrections

Essex & Suffolk Border League
Wormingford & Colne Engaine Wanderers appear to have de-merged. Colne Engaine are back in the Mid-Essex League - and so the team in Div One should be called Wormingford Wanderers.
Holland (and their reserves in D1) and Barnston dont need FC after their names.

Happy with all those comments. Changes made.

Well, that's a starts. Rest later.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 7, 2015, 3:55 AM

Post #287 of 290 (27431 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Central Midlands League
Thoresby Colliery Welfare have folded and need to be removed from the North Div table

Removed the club, and updated the map.

Mileage chart also updated, and passed to Steve for inclusion.

More later.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 7, 2015, 8:53 AM

Post #288 of 290 (27391 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Dorset Premier
Tintinhull have folded and need to be removed

Club removed and map revised.

New mileage chart sent to Steve

In Reply To
Essex Olympian
Southminster St Leonards have resigned from the league and need to be removed from D1 table. They have taken their lower ranked teams' places in the Mid Essex League

Club removed and map revised.

Rest later

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 8, 2015, 6:50 AM

Post #289 of 290 (27256 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Leicestershire Senior
In D1 - Asfordby Amateurs have folded and need removing.

Team removed; fixtures removed also.

In Reply To

Midland D2
Aston have dropped back into the Birmingham & District League, taking their reserves place and so need removing from Midland D2 table.

Team removed. Looks as if their fixtures have already been removed.

In Reply To

Middlesex County D1 West
Conquest Football Academy are actually just called Conquest according to FA find a Club.

Happy to make that change. More sensible name.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 8, 2015, 7:15 AM

Post #290 of 290 (27252 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Northants Combination
Welford Victoria have folded in the Prem, Heyford Athletic have taken their place.
Gretton have been demoted to D1.

Did that one yesterday.

In Reply To

Northern Alliance
Killingworth Station have become Killingworth Town
Shilbottle CW should be Shilbottle Colliery Welfare

Changed.

In Reply To

Sheffiled & Hallamshire
Joker have folded in Prem, Frecheville CA have be reprieved and taken their place.
In Div One Grimethorpe have not change their name - they should still have Sports in their name.

Changed Joker and Frecheville. I'll wait to see confirmation elsewhere about Grimethorpe (Div Two, BTW)

Map and mileage chart for Premier Div to be amended later.

In Reply To
Staffs Co

LAFC should be Longton Area. Norton Fc should be Norton, Wetley Victoria should be prefixed with AFC. Penridge Town should be Penkridge.

I've made these four changes. I think there are a number of other name changes that could be made in this division, having just compared the leaue's handbook, which I got this weelk, the league's website, and how the teams are commonly referred to.

----------------

Sorry it's taken a while to get around to addressing all your comments.

Thanks again for the info. Keep it coming!

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3