Turning my back on the Premier League

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 2, 2014, 11:48 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #1 of 3 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Turning my back on the Premier League Can't Post or Reply Privately

is the title of a new book written by ex Manchester United fan Lee Price who has become so disillusioned with the top level of the game, especially the money side, that he's started watching his local team Dagenham & Redbridge instead. You can hear him on BBCi player 1 hour 47 minutes into on Simon Mayo's drivetime show on Radio 2 (2nd July) talking about how he got lost finding the way to his first game at Brentford. He expected just to have to follow the crowds after getting out of the tube station but there were none, probably because Brentford only has a mainline station though South Ealing is only a 15 minute walk away, and he ended up running accross the M4 motorway to get to the ground.
Interviewer Phil Williams showed his lack of knowledge of the lower levels of the game when asking how it differs watching his local NON League club. As a sports presenter he should know Daggers have been a LEAGUE club since 2007.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 3, 2014, 9:49 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 3 (1299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Turning my back on the Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thousands could have written a book along the same lines as the above and i dare say it would be more factually correct and make more sense than the drivel that seems to be in the book that Mr Price has done.Frown

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jul 3, 2014, 12:02 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #3 of 3 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Turning my back on the Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
is the title of a new book written by ex Manchester United fan Lee Price who has become so disillusioned with the top level of the game, especially the money side, that he's started watching his local team Dagenham & Redbridge instead. You can hear him on BBCi player 1 hour 47 minutes into on Simon Mayo's drivetime show on Radio 2 (2nd July) talking about how he got lost finding the way to his first game at Brentford. He expected just to have to follow the crowds after getting out of the tube station but there were none, probably because Brentford only has a mainline station though South Ealing is only a 15 minute walk away, and he ended up running accross the M4 motorway to get to the ground.
Interviewer Phil Williams showed his lack of knowledge of the lower levels of the game when asking how it differs watching his local NON League club. As a sports presenter he should know Daggers have been a LEAGUE club since 2007.

Oh dear.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3