Henley Town
Old Woodstock Town
Penn & Tylers Green
Rayners Lane
Wokingham & Emmbrook
Woodley Town

Division One West
Carterton
Cirencester Town Development (from Division Two)
Clanfield
Fairford Town
Hook Norton
Letcombe
Longlevens
Lydney Town
New College Swindon
North Leigh United
Purton
Shortwood United
Tuffley Rovers
Tytherington Rocks
Wantage Town Res (from Division Two)

Gain Thatcham Twon from Southern League, Longlevens from Glos Co, Brackley Town Development new team, Cirencester Devlopment from division two (presume now on main ground as last year it was being used by Wootton Basset), Wantage Town Res from division two, Stokenchurch 1st XI from Wycombe League to division two

Lose Wantage Town 1st XI to Southern League, Abingdon Town to North Berks, AFC Hinksey folded ?, Malmesbury Vics to Wilts County, Beversbrook 1st side from division two west folded?.

Division Two's

Will include the clubs shown below - but a final decision is yet to be made on allocation between East & West Divisions - 3 groupings at present presume 1st group will be split

Abingdon United Res, Chinnor Res, Hook Norton Res, Kidlington, Milton United Development, Old Woodstock Town Res, Oxford City Nomads Development, Stokenchurch 1st XI Thame United Res.

Ascot United Res, Bracknell Town Res, Chalfont Wasps Res, Finchampstead Res, Flackwell Heath Res, Henley Town Res, Holyport Res, Penn & Tylers Green Res, Rayners Lane Res Wokingham & Emmbrook Res

Brimscombe & Thrupp Res, Cheltenham Saracens Res, Clanfield Res, Fairford Town Res, Highworth Town Res, Shrivenham Res, Wantage Town Academy - play on Leisure Centre pitch, Wootton Bassett Town Res.

(This post was edited by acmold on Jun 19, 2014, 9:54 AM)

pokal02
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2014, 2:14 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #2 of 9 (5746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Hellenic League 2014/15 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Interesting to see Stokenchurch in Div 2 - could this be a route for Finchampstead, Letcombe etc next season (assuming they can't get lights & don't want to groundshare)?

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 19, 2014, 2:33 PM

Post #3 of 9 (5720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Hellenic League 2014/15 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Interesting to see Stokenchurch in Div 2 - could this be a route for Finchampstead, Letcombe etc next season (assuming they can't get lights & don't want to groundshare)?

I think the Hellenic are looking at this route, I said last year I thought they were after forming 2 step 7 divisions one for the Thames Valley and one for Oxford and Swindon areas Gloucestershire being covered by their county league. I know some will say there is the Thames Valley League, Wilts Co and OSL but they don't seem to be able to get 14 clubs of real step 7 quality and in the case of the Wilts without using numerous reserves and sudo reserves. Rumour was a number of other clubs enquired about joining and there was Beversbrook last season. If you add the 5 or 6 clubs who will never get lights and a few from the OSL, Wilts Co, TV, NBL even East Berks and Wycombe in with some step 5 reserve sides it could be a in place for 15/6.. Stokenchurch could in theory have joined the OSL (they are past members) or the TV for this season.

Rob North
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2014, 3:44 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #4 of 9 (5669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Hellenic League 2014/15 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I note that Beversbrook's website mentions that the guy who was the driving force behind the club has packed it in and I presume that has resulted in the club packing up, or at least unable to continue at this level.

By the way, can anyone explain the difference between Reserves and Development?

Eastbourne
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2014, 4:24 PM

Team(s): Chelsea,Eastbourne clubs

Post #5 of 9 (5641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] Hellenic League 2014/15 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I note that Beversbrook's website mentions that the guy who was the driving force behind the club has packed it in and I presume that has resulted in the club packing up, or at least unable to continue at this level.

By the way, can anyone explain the difference between Reserves and Development?

Typically Reserves will be those who can't get in the first team , adult and youth
Development will be youth only , 16-18 year olds , another name for Academy really

Richard Rundle

Jun 19, 2014, 4:50 PM

Post #6 of 9 (5609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Eastbourne] Hellenic League 2014/15 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The only difference is the original ethos of setting the team up - a "Development" side is meant to be primarily for younger players, but that often quickly gets forgotten about and most of them effectively become just the same as any other reserve team.

acmold

Jun 19, 2014, 6:57 PM

Post #7 of 9 (5501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Hellenic League 2014/15 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In the case of Oxford City and Ciren Town I think most of the players have a tie with said clubs educational partners. New College have a similar tie up with Supermarine I believe.

Not sure about Brackley as they are a new team and to my knowledge there is not a large college in Brackley, could be a tie up with one in Buckingham or Banbury though the latter would be Oxford & Cherwell Valley College.

Wantage Town their "A" side was in the NBL last season (not sure if it is for 2014/15) but they said they were local based players while the reserves were "incomers" so to speak. So neither team were under 21's / 18's, etc.

kidology
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 19, 2014, 7:49 PM

Team(s): Barnet (when in Barnet), Truro City

Post #8 of 9 (5434 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Gain Thatcham Twon from Southern League, Longlevens from Glos Co, Brackley Town Development new team, Cirencester Devlopment from division two (presume now on main ground as last year it was being used by Wootton Basset), Wantage Town Res from division two, Stokenchurch 1st XI from Wycombe League to division two

Have Wootton Bassett moved out of Cirencester then? If so, do you know where to?

acmold

Jun 20, 2014, 6:32 PM

Post #9 of 9 (5015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kidology] Hellenic League 2014/15 [In reply to] Can't Post or

As far as I know the sharing agreement was for the one season but not sure how far the new ground has got. Though they still seem to be using Ciren Town pre season. Suppose at the start of the season Wootton Bassett could be at Ciren and Ciren Development using Wootton Bassett which I believe is still in situ. Don't think they would want to be at Ciren longer than necessary as it's quite expensive to hire.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3