Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 



  Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
POSTS
Who's Online WHO'S
ONLINE
Log in LOG
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85

 



CND67
First Team Star


May 28, 2014, 9:38 PM

Posts: 2458
Location:
Team(s): Wolverhampton Wanderers & England

Post #1 of 7 (2242 views)
Shortcut
Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85 Can't Post or Reply Privately

On the Independent website.



Last New Ground: Retford FC
Grounds Visited: 1,136


kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 28, 2014, 9:50 PM

Posts: 17710
Location: Kirby Muxloe
Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 7 (2232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CND67] Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Being out of season takes away a potential sticky situation at OT with regards to holding a silence for him.Not a popular figure amonst many regulars up there but SAF always said he did an excellent job for the club.


non-league fan
Banned

May 28, 2014, 11:11 PM

Posts: 644
Location:
Team(s): Oxford United, also groundhopper

Post #3 of 7 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85 [In reply to] Can't Post or

There appears to be some confusion over how old he was. The official statement on the TBB site says he was 85 and this seems to have been copied by other sources. However, Wikipedia shows that he died three days after his 86th birthday.


cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

May 28, 2014, 11:32 PM

Posts: 7268
Location:
Team(s):

Post #4 of 7 (2189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [non-league fan] Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On the one hand MUFC sold their soul decades ago by selling shares to the public.

On the other hand I feel no sadness that someone like Glazer is gone, as he loaded the club with debt. The fact that he's now carped doesn't change that.

All in all the only good thing to happen would be for the club to withdraw from the public stock exchange, accept being mediocre - like many other clubs - for as long as it takes someone to build them up again, and move on. Unfortunately, his offspring own 15% as part of their pocket money.


sjj2112
Reserve Team Regular


May 29, 2014, 11:45 AM

Posts: 661
Location: Stanwell, Middlesex
Team(s): Crewe Alexandra, Nantwich Town, Ashford Town (Middx), Venezia

Post #5 of 7 (2117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately


In Reply To
On the one hand MUFC sold their soul decades ago by selling shares to the public.

On the other hand I feel no sadness that someone like Glazer is gone, as he loaded the club with debt. The fact that he's now carped doesn't change that.

All in all the only good thing to happen would be for the club to withdraw from the public stock exchange, accept being mediocre - like many other clubs - for as long as it takes someone to build them up again, and move on. Unfortunately, his offspring own 15% as part of their pocket money.


To be more accurate, each of his 6 offspring hold 15% meaning that the Glazer family still hold 90% of the club with the other 10% being listed on the NYSE.



I'm a man of many anoraks.....


cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

May 30, 2014, 8:29 AM

Posts: 7268
Location:
Team(s):

Post #6 of 7 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjj2112] Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry, I meant 15% each...


garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 8, 2014, 10:23 AM

Posts: 9305
Location: whitford near holywell north wales
Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #7 of 7 (1674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

wonder if there be a minutes silence before 1st game of the season ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tongue



wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

 
 


free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3