Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Ad Banner on the site

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 14, 2018, 8:16 PM

Post #51 of 58 (10565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Ad Banner on the site [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is that on a mobile device as it doesn't interfere with anything on a laptop? Could you tell me how it gets in the way when navigating so I can feed that back to the ad people?
Thanks

For me on my laptop, I have a large ad at the top of the screen which takes up half my screen although it does scroll away as I move down the screen, to the left is an ad which scrolls away as I move down the screen and at the bottom is this annoying ad which just sits there and take up about 20% of the screen and is displayed on every page I visit.

When I click on the home link in the forum I have to scroll down to be able to see anything but still have this new banner flashing away at me.

I don't want to have to use an adblocker, i'm all for ads that help pay for the website bit this new ad is wearing very thin now and I will consider using an adblocker soon.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

(This post was edited by Tykeoldboy on Nov 14, 2018, 8:25 PM)
Attachments: Screenshot.jpg (89.7 KB)

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 14, 2018, 10:37 PM

Team(s):

Post #52 of 58 (10522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Ad Banner on the site [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On my slow PC, it stops me seeing tabs I need for navigating around and will not let me make any changes until I delete it
every time, exceptionally irritating

(This post was edited by John Treleven on Nov 14, 2018, 10:39 PM)

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 15, 2018, 12:03 AM

Team(s):

Post #53 of 58 (10480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Ad Banner on the site [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seriously it's at the bottom of the screen. What tabs does it block to stop you navigating around? It's nothing to do with how slow your PC is.

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 15, 2018, 12:23 AM

Team(s):

Post #54 of 58 (10470 views)
Shortcut
Re:Ad Banner on the site [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You are seeing this on a laptop? The ad takes up 20% of your screen? On a laptop?
Look nobody likes adverts but I'm starting to get a bit exasperated by posts like this. I have had years of digging into my own pocket to keep this site running, Then I asked for donations to keep it running... I think there was one year I didn't have to still fund the site.

So last April I signed with an ad agency who control the advertising on the site. No more me digging into my very shallow pocket... no more having to beg for donations. The site is secure unlike a lot of others that have disappeared due to lack of funding... we host a couple of them on this site if you didn't notice.
I don't put ads on the site that I consider intrusive, no auto run videos, no 'around the web' crap. I've signed a deal that ensures the site stays online without relying on donations or my financial input.

You can use an ad blocker if you want... in that case I hope you will take out a £12 a year subscription via the Donations tab rather than let everyone else pick up the costs.
Thanks

revandyw
Youth Team Sub

Nov 15, 2018, 9:56 AM

Team(s): WBA / Havant & Waterlooville

Post #55 of 58 (10435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Ad Banner on the site [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
at the bottom is this annoying ad which just sits there and take up about 20% of the screen and is displayed on every page I visit.

In Reply To
Click on the white cross in the circle in the black cross towards the bottom right of the screen and the banner disappears. Yes you have to do it each time you open a new page, but one click per page to help pay for the site seems good value to me.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 15, 2018, 5:21 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #56 of 58 (10364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [revandyw] Ad Banner on the site [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have now twice received a pop up add from eu.lakewoodchristiangift centre.icu inviting me to click OK (there’s no way out) telling me I have been specially selected to be awarded a gift.

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 16, 2018, 11:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #57 of 58 (10277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Ad Banner on the site [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is not supposed to be any pop up ads on the site but sometimes advertisers will slip these 'rogue ads' into the inventory. They are normally spotted fairly quickly and blocked but if you can get a screenshot I can forward it to the agency.
Cheers... Steve

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 17, 2018, 6:57 PM

Post #58 of 58 (10171 views)
Shortcut

The ad banner at the bottom has now gone, which is great.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3