First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 5, 2014, 6:23 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #1 of 68 (11601 views)
Shortcut
     Lowestoft Town   or Reply Privately

The Ryman site says the promotion they have won today is to the Conference South.
Can the be sure of that?

alderman friend
Youth Team Regular

May 5, 2014, 6:36 PM

Post #2 of 68 (11583 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Unicorn] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

as they are further north than 3 teams. we will await the decision of the F.A. and see what they decide. they should go in the north and oxford to the south. as they are the furthest south in the conference north this season.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 5, 2014, 6:53 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #3 of 68 (11556 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The Ryman site says the promotion they have won today is to the Conference South.
Can they be sure of that?

I should think so! As I've already said this week, and has been debated to death before the best transport links in and out of Lowestoft are in the London direction. It's also to be remembered that The Conference do not make these decisions on Latitude alone these days. After all

Conf. South - Eastleigh, Ebbsfleet/Dover, H&Y Utd, Tonbridge & Dorchester out; Dartford, Wealdstone, Lowestoft, Hemel, & St Albans in.
Conf. North - AFC Telford, Alty/Guisley, VM, Histon & Workington out, Chester, Tamworth, Hyde, Chorley & AFC Fylde in.

Each division has 5 out / 5 in, no need to swap/upset anyone!

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 5, 2014, 7:16 PM

Post #4 of 68 (11521 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [blackdouglas] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

It may have been debated before but so have lots of subjects on here.
But this time it is not speculation because Lowestoft have won and we will have an answer in 10 days.
My point is that prior to the FALC meeting the Ryman league have stated with confidence that they will be in the Conference South.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 5, 2014, 7:29 PM

Post #5 of 68 (11501 views)
Shortcut

Then I would guess that's what the Isthmian League representative on the FALC will be pushing for.

It may be the case that there is an unwritten understanding that the Isthmian Promotees are placed in Conference South as it is such a predominantly south & south-eastern league, just like the NPL ones go to Conference North.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 5, 2014, 9:23 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 68 (11361 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
But this time it is not speculation because Lowestoft have won and we will have an answer in 10 days.
My point is that prior to the FALC meeting the Ryman league have stated with confidence that they will be in the Conference South.

Re the 10 days, is this when the FA rubber stamp the allocations? Today's Chesham programme mentions that the Leagues Sub Committee will decide the allocations at steps 1-4 this coming Wednesday morning, but they'd have to keep shtum pending the rubber stamping by the FA.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 5, 2014, 10:49 PM

Post #7 of 68 (11255 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Re the 10 days, is this when the FA rubber stamp the allocations? Today's Chesham programme mentions that the Leagues Sub Committee will decide the allocations at steps 1-4 this coming Wednesday morning, but they'd have to keep shtum pending the rubber stamping by the FA.

15 May i have been told by a couple of people is the date they get official confirmation.
I take that as correct but if its not its always seems to be around the middle of May.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 6, 2014, 10:40 AM

Post #8 of 68 (11068 views)
Shortcut

In the last four years the line-ups were published on the 17th, 25th, 20th and 17th. There aren't any complications with 'reformed' clubs etc and as Blackdouglas points out above the Conference regional ins-and-outs look fairly straightforward so it'll probably be earlier than later. I expect the lists have already been compiled for Steps 2 and 3, although the committee is probably still trying to decode its own rules on Step 4...

(This post was edited by Mr. T on May 6, 2014, 11:13 AM)

muzza2
Reserve Team Sub

May 7, 2014, 8:12 PM

Team(s): Burton Albion

Post #9 of 68 (10622 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Mr. T] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Radio Suffolk suggested on Monday that they may well be heading to the north, no idea who their sources were for that info. I imagine Oxford City would prefer to be in South, so I suppose it all depends on whether the average time/distance from Lowestoft to North teams as opposed to South is greater than the same for Oxford.

EDIT - Based on google's travel times, (real world times will no doubt vary). Figures slightly inflated as all playoff finalists have been included.
Based on distance Lowestoft (1,171) go north as opposed to Oxford (1,225) - (Extra Miles in North)
Based on time Oxford (1,131) go north as opposed to Lowestoft (1,358) - (Extra Minutes in North)

That therefore leaves us none the wiser as to which side goes North.... though I would guess Lowestoft.

Games 780.5 (5) - Grounds - 214 (1) - Teams 397 (2)

(This post was edited by muzza2 on May 7, 2014, 10:04 PM)

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

May 8, 2014, 11:10 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #10 of 68 (10240 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [muzza2] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

When we played them up there earlier this season the home fans I spoke to all expected to play in the North division if they ever went up, though back in December they weren't expecting to go up!

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

acmold

May 14, 2014, 2:21 PM

Post #11 of 68 (9569 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [muzza2] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Radio Suffolk suggested on Monday that they may well be heading to the north, no idea who their sources were for that info. I imagine Oxford City would prefer to be in South, so I suppose it all depends on whether the average time/distance from Lowestoft to North teams as opposed to South is greater than the same for Oxford.

EDIT - Based on google's travel times, (real world times will no doubt vary). Figures slightly inflated as all playoff finalists have been included.
Based on distance Lowestoft (1,171) go north as opposed to Oxford (1,225) - (Extra Miles in North)
Based on time Oxford (1,131) go north as opposed to Lowestoft (1,358) - (Extra Minutes in North)

That therefore leaves us none the wiser as to which side goes North.... though I would guess Lowestoft.

Just done a comparison on actual miles travelled using the other 21 clubs that were in the Conference North last season. Oxford City's journeys one way total 2,515 according to AA Route planner, while Lowestoft's total (a staggering) 4,371. I know could all change if Hayes & Yeading win their appeal. In fact 18 of the 21 clubs in the North are nearer to Oxford. Have a feeling who the "North" clubs would like in their division, and no doubt the South clubs would as well, but as in the Conference the North overall travels more miles than the South in this case I would presume many North clubs will be pushing for Oxford to retain their place, certainly Brackley, Leamington, Worcester, Solihull and Gloucester!.

Surprisingly even Gainsborough is nearer to Oxford than Lowestoft 136 compared to 151. The three that are nearer Lowestoft are Boston (103 L / 120 Ox), North Ferriby (175 L / 180 Ox) Histon (84 L / 102 Ox) and in the latter case the route from Histon to Oxford is not the one I have ever taken as it sends you via the M25 and not the A421 Varsity Highway.

blucher blue
Youth Team Regular

May 15, 2014, 9:38 AM

Team(s): Stalybridge Celtic, Oldham A. Charlton

Post #12 of 68 (9228 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [acmold] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Histon aren't in the CN any more. They were relegated!

acmold

May 15, 2014, 10:53 AM

Post #13 of 68 (9174 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [blucher blue] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Histon aren't in the CN any more. They were relegated!

"Just done a comparison on actual miles travelled using the other 21 clubs that were in the Conference North last season"

Northmaids
Youth Team Sub

May 15, 2014, 6:52 PM

Team(s): Reading FC,Maidenhead Utd

Post #14 of 68 (8790 views)
Shortcut

Just tweeted by the Conference that they will be in the Conf South

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 15, 2014, 6:52 PM

Post #15 of 68 (8790 views)
Shortcut

The Football Conference have tweeted that barring any appeals Lowestoft Town will be Conference South next season.

strongbowfleet
Junior Team Sub

May 21, 2014, 7:54 PM

Team(s): Ebbsfleet United, Stamford AFC, Deeping Rangers, Philadelphia Union

Post #16 of 68 (8281 views)
Shortcut

Rumour is that Hayes & Yeading have dropped their appeal and will just take being in the Southern Premier. They clearly don't fancy a trip to Truro.
I'm looking forward to going to Lowestoft Town next season. It will be a nice change to head eastwards on a train to see Ebbsfleet, rather than going the usual Peterborough to Kings Cross route all the time.

Ebbsfleet United... The team for me!

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 21, 2014, 9:10 PM

Post #17 of 68 (8191 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [strongbowfleet] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Rumour is that Hayes & Yeading have dropped their appeal and will just take being in the Southern Premier.

When did you hear this? It was reported on here previously but someone reported today (can't find the message) that the appeal is still going ahead, as does the H&Y forum which had previously reported that the appeal had been dropped.

VP

May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM

Post #18 of 68 (8187 views)
Shortcut

Hayes & Yeading have been put into the Isthmian League. It's gonna look odd on a map considering they're sharing at Maidenhead now and teams like Slough & Chesham are in the Southern League but maybe, just maybe H&Y are confident of moving into their old (new) ground during the season.

(This post was edited by VP on May 21, 2014, 9:19 PM)

strongbowfleet
Junior Team Sub

May 22, 2014, 9:15 AM

Team(s): Ebbsfleet United, Stamford AFC, Deeping Rangers, Philadelphia Union

Post #19 of 68 (7948 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Mr. T] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Rumour is that Hayes & Yeading have dropped their appeal and will just take being in the Southern Premier.

When did you hear this? It was reported on here previously but someone reported today (can't find the message) that the appeal is still going ahead, as does the H&Y forum which had previously reported that the appeal had been dropped.

Only read it was a rumour on the Ebbsfleet forum.

Ebbsfleet United... The team for me!

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 22, 2014, 1:35 PM

Post #20 of 68 (7826 views)
Shortcut

Dropping the appeal is just a rumour is all it is, reported here and on the Get West London site they are still awaiting the outcome.

I reported the that they had tweeted the appeal was still ongoing but only realised too late that the tweet was actually 3 days out of date.

HarryC
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 22, 2014, 4:06 PM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #21 of 68 (7734 views)
Shortcut

Maybe the Isthmian placement for Hayes & Yeading, was an encouragement to drop appeal, less travel than they would have had in Southern where everyone expected them to be

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 22, 2014, 10:54 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #22 of 68 (7555 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The Football Conference have tweeted that barring any appeals Lowestoft Town will be Conference South next season.

I'm happy for Lowestoft to remain in Conference South whilst there are no Devon or Cornwall clubs in the division but if Bideford or Truro get promoted next season then it would be time to move Lowestoft to the North as it wouldn't be fair on those clubs in the South West to have to travel all the way to the tip of East Anglia whilst being denied much nearer journey's to Gloucester, Worcester or Oxford City.

northstandexile
First Team Regular

May 22, 2014, 11:17 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #23 of 68 (7525 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [cherryhopper] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm happy for Lowestoft to remain in Conference South whilst there are no Devon or Cornwall clubs in the division but if Bideford or Truro get promoted next season then it would be time to move Lowestoft to the North as it wouldn't be fair on those clubs in the South West to have to travel all the way to the tip of East Anglia whilst being denied much nearer journey's to Gloucester, Worcester or Oxford City.

Easy solution to that, put Truro in conference North (west)

ladderman

May 23, 2014, 12:43 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #24 of 68 (7379 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [cherryhopper] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

When did fairness start to be a criteria?

acmold

May 23, 2014, 1:41 PM

Post #25 of 68 (7338 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [northstandexile] Lowestoft Town [In reply to]   or

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Easy solution to that, put Truro in conference North (west)

Think we did an exercise along these line a year or two ago and if both were in the Conference regional divisions the overall less mileage would be Lowestoft - South, Truro - North.

AA Route planner says Truro is 285 miles to London and 325 miles to Manchester. Lowestoft is 236 miles to Manchester and 124 miles to London.

So using above for distance to sort of the heartland of each division

Truro - South, Lowestoft - North = 521 miles
Truro - North, Lowestoft - South = 449 miles

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3