First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Apr 24, 2014, 9:46 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 34 (50406 views)
Shortcut
Transport Specials and News. Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is a sticky thread for any transportation offers, or other transport news, including the latest road works

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Mr Teapot
Youth Team Star

Jul 22, 2014, 8:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 34 (50139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

''South West Trains are offering a 15 day return ticket from Saturday 26 July until Friday 22 August 2014...''

More info in the link below:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/summer.aspx

richiejenn
First Team Star

Aug 28, 2014, 9:36 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 34 (49519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr Teapot] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

London Midland are doing their Great Escape promotion to travel anywhere on their Network from 1-21 September. 15 mon-thu and 20 Fri-Sun (concession prices available)

http://www.londonmidland.com/great-escape/great-escape/

Games 2017-18: 35
New Grounds 2017-18: 15
Total Grounds : 651

(This post was edited by richiejenn on Aug 28, 2014, 9:47 PM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 21, 2014, 12:12 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #4 of 34 (48704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

South West Trains have a special half price offer on all off-peak day returns within its network during half term week (October 24-31). However you do have to purchase these tickets online and at least 24 hours in advance.
Anyone planning to travel between London and the south coast this Saturday should be aware the line between Basingstoke and Winchester will be closed all weekend for engineering works with trains replaced by buses. An hourly service will run between Waterloo and Weymouth diverted via Guildford, Havant and Fareham which will add a considerable amount of time to your journey.

Scoffer
Youth Team Regular

Feb 2, 2015, 8:27 PM

Post #5 of 34 (45161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

London Midland are having another of their " Great Escape" promotions between Saturday 7th February and Sunday 1st March. However for some of time there are major engineering works going on that mean there are bus replacement services in operation.

Full details at http://www.londonmidland.com/great-escape/great-escape/

(This post was edited by Scoffer on Feb 2, 2015, 8:28 PM)

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

Feb 2, 2015, 9:01 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, whoever is playing w*** h**

Post #6 of 34 (45150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scoffer] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
London Midland are having another of their " Great Escape" promotions between Saturday 7th February and Sunday 1st March. However for some of time there are major engineering works going on that mean there are bus replacement services in operation.

Full details at http://www.londonmidland.com/great-escape/great-escape/

These engineering works (on 14th - 16th and 21st - 23rd February) may get cancelled as a landslip between Banbury & Leamington Spa has blocked the alternative route that was being advertised between London and Birmingham. There was conjecture that repairs to the area of the landslip make take upto 4 weeks, and if this become reality the blockade at Watford will be cancelled.

I suggest monitoring the London Midland website for upto date information.

Ancient Wolf
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 7, 2015, 1:28 PM

Team(s): Middlesbrough and Norton and Stockton Ancients

Post #7 of 34 (37050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Herb Alpert] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

London Midland Great Escape is back

best avoid Liverpool trains on April 11th due to the Grand National.

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 7, 2015, 6:53 PM

Post #8 of 34 (37024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I probably should have put this here months ago.
The M3 between junction 2 (the M25) and junction 4A and vice versa is a 50mph limit with average speed cameras while they turn it into a smart motorway. Work is expected to finish in December 2016. Most of the time there are still three lanes going both ways and traffic is moving smoothly but sometimes there aren't!
There are occasions when some of the junctions are closed between 9pm and 6am for various things.

This page updates with the latest news - http://www.highways.gov.uk/...s/m3-junctions-2-4a/

(This post was edited by VP on Apr 7, 2015, 6:57 PM)

acmold

Jun 17, 2015, 7:57 PM

Post #9 of 34 (35606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or

Our old friend the Oxford Ring Road / Eastern Bypass 6 months of essential repairs to the water and sewage system Expect delays according to one of those posh electronic signs at the side of the road Did notice last time I was on it there was subsidence and potholes Please note the station and Westgate areas are still like bomb sites

richiejenn
First Team Star

Jun 29, 2015, 3:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 34 (35007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

VIRGIN TRAINS
The Bite Me Baby Seat Sale
3 day sale 30 June to 2 July
Travel between 18 July and 27 August

1 million sale seats on West Coast Mainline

I have just bought a return to Manchester on 15th Aug for 20 Smile

Games 2017-18: 35
New Grounds 2017-18: 15
Total Grounds : 651

sandhurstbee

Jul 1, 2015, 1:07 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #11 of 34 (34916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lets hope it is not too HOT to run the trains, though in August you might get a few leaves on the line Crazy

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Aug 31, 2015, 4:50 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #12 of 34 (32856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For rail-travelling Scottish oldies (so perhaps that's jut me then):

The new franchise holders of Scotrail, Abelio, have announced their club for oldies.
The previous franchise holders had a Club 55. But Abelio's kicks in at 50. So hooray!, I'm now officially past it.
Begins mid September 2015.
- 20% off Off-Peak and Advance, on Scotrail - not on Virgin East Coast within Scotland (same rule as Club 55 had).
- other promo deals (Club 55 used to have periods of 10 return anywhere in Scotland).

If you sign-up before the end of August (erm, by tonight then - sorry for the late post), you also get :
- annual fee (15) waived
- one 10 return anywhere in Scotland, outward leg before end Sept.

Requires an e-photo.
By definition of being over 50, I couldn't follow their first instruction of "take a selfie".
"I have NEVER taken a selfie ...but I could picture myself doing so." [Tim Vine].

One can then do the 10 deal straightaway even before the card comes through.

acmold

Sep 3, 2015, 8:38 AM

Post #13 of 34 (32694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or

Even more closers for a few months on A34, not only is there lane restrictions and long tailbacks at Milton Interchange but they are now starting work on the Chilton Junction which is the one south of Milton. There are overnight closers and the road from West Hagbourne to Chilton which is the back way out of Didcot to avoid the Milton Interchange is being closed for 5 months.

Update on the Oxford Rind Road the work on the two northern roundabouts is causing severe delays. I went round the Banbury Road roundabout at 3.30pm yesterday and the tailback heading west stretched from the roundabout right back to the junction with Oxford City's ground.

I saw the local paper yesterday and the headlines were about 6 traffic trouble spots in the area with many asking the question why are they all being done at the same time and why has it taken so long to do them as the problems have been there for years.

The area around the station and the Oxpens (by the Ice Rink) still resembles a bomb site.

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Jan 4, 2016, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #14 of 34 (30221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scotrail's Club 50 has just announced :
16 off peak return anywhere within Scotland. From 4th January until 19th March 2016 (last outward - return up to a month later).
On Scotrail and/or First Trans Pennine services only (i.e. not Virgin or Cross-Country).
Absolutely marvellous. This is going to save me a fortune. Furthest-away grounds here I come. Smile

prorege

Jan 5, 2016, 10:53 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #15 of 34 (30136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Superb offer from Scotrail, expecially for you far flung loons.

Being right in the middle of the country it's not quite so good for me but I still see a few trips north before the end of March. It's 40 years since I went to Wick so I really should go back there.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 5, 2016, 1:26 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #16 of 34 (30082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Virgin East Coast have got a sale on now, example fares include London to Yorkshire from 5 single, to the North East from a tenner. Quite pleased with my 20 day return from London to Berwick-upon-Tweed in February, even though from a footy perspective it's a gamble with the weather.

Steelback
First Team Star

Jan 6, 2016, 7:47 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #17 of 34 (29859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for flagging this one, just booked cheap tickets to Posh's away games at Wigan & Doncaster for 10 Return from London & a nice little trip to Berwick Rangers in March for 20 Smile

'Little' Northamptonshire Steelbacks 2013 & 2016 T20 CHAMPIONS

kirby knitters

Feb 18, 2016, 11:15 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #18 of 34 (28501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good news for users of the WCML as it fully reopens again on Monday 22nd Feb after 7 weeks of repairs being carried out due to damage caused by floods.

paulh66

Mar 1, 2016, 2:29 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #19 of 34 (28092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Virgin West Coast have a limited seat sale on until March 3. Prices from London to Birmingham 4, to Liverpool and Manchester 10, to Glasgow 14, for travel March 18 to May 2.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Mar 1, 2016, 2:52 AM)

acmold

Apr 14, 2016, 3:02 PM

Post #20 of 34 (26541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or

Roadworks have now disappeared from the A34 at Milton, now back to two lanes each way and no speed restrictions

The road from the Chilton Junction over Hagbourne Hill is now open but with a small diversion at the northern end.

Still plenty of roadworks underneath the Milton Interchange and on top of the Chilton Junction.

Still some overnight closures on the road and junctions.

acmold

Aug 1, 2016, 8:48 AM

Post #21 of 34 (23274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or

Numerous line closers in the Oxfordshire area at the moment.

No trains north of Didcot as far as Leamington. Also Bicester North to Leamington closed. Various different projects causing it.Flood relief at Hinksey. Signalling at Banbury. Up grading of Oxford to Oxford Parkway. Building new platforms at Oxford for Chiltern and East - West route. Electrification still to come.

Oxford Parkway to Marylebone is open. Not sure how the Cotswold Line is effected.

Numerous bus replacement services.

intheshire
Youth Team Sub

Aug 1, 2016, 6:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 34 (23050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On the bank holiday weekend for some reason there are hourly train services direct between Cheltenham and Swindon that don't stop at Gloucester, Stroud etc cutting the journey time to 40 mins from the usual just over 60.

I'll probably use this for a trip to Chippenham v Cirencester on the Monday.

Perhaps someone here knows why this is happening. Doesn't appear to be happening at any other time that I can see.

Instagram: JBattheground
www.instagram.com/JBattheground

Last Ground (160): Castlecroft Stadium, AFC Wulfrunians

acmold

Aug 4, 2016, 8:43 AM

Post #23 of 34 (22057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [intheshire] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or

From today and over the weekend at Blenheim Palace the BBC are staging Country File Live. From the Tweets this morning it's already causing problems for a few miles around the Woodstock area.

Steelback
First Team Star

Aug 13, 2016, 9:09 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #24 of 34 (19130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Virgin Trains 50% Sale finishes midnight Thursday and is for travel between 5 September to 4 November excluding 21 - 30 October.

I've just booked a host of tickets from London to Peterborough for 5.50 each way

'Little' Northamptonshire Steelbacks 2013 & 2016 T20 CHAMPIONS

paulh66

Nov 23, 2016, 3:31 PM

Post #25 of 34 (13242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Transport Specials and News. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another Virgin East Coast sale is on. Book by 23.59 on 25 Nov 2016, travel between 4 Jan 10 Feb 2017 (excluding 4 & 5 Feb).

The cheapest outward fares from London on a Saturday seem in short supply but I still managed to snaffle a day return to Darlington from Kings X for 20.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3