Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Archive: Other British Isles Football:
Does Queens Park's bad season have something to do with Rangers?

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Mar 9, 2014, 2:23 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #1 of 6 (44555 views)
Shortcut
Does Queens Park's bad season have something to do with Rangers? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Queens Park seems to have an unusually bad season.
Does that have anything to do with Rangers playing at a "lower than usual" level?
Are there players now playing for Rangers, that might otherwise play for Queens Park? (And how is Partick Thistle affected, and may affect Queens Park??)

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 9, 2014, 8:16 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 6 (44512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lars] Does Queens Park's bad season have something to do with Rangers? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If Queens players had gone to Ibrox they wouldnt have the problem of asking them to take pay cuts so no whats happening at both clubs is not connected.

HibeeJibee
Reserve Team Star

Mar 10, 2014, 12:38 AM

Team(s): Berwick Rangers, Hibernian, Scotland

Post #3 of 6 (44468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Does Queens Park's bad season have something to do with Rangers? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unconnected.

Rangers signed big- pros.

QP lost players to wage-paying part-timers/youths to Premiership.

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 16, 2014, 4:10 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #4 of 6 (43906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HibeeJibee] Does Queens Park's bad season have something to do with Rangers? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No idea, just my own theory, but Queens Park are currently sharing at Airdrie, while Hampden Park is being converted to be used for the Commonwealth Games. The track will then have to be removed after that.

I am sure the appeal of playing at such a ground, as compared to most small lower division places, compensates for not getting paid a wage. This season that carrot is not there.

The future is still good though, as their Reserves are doing very well, so lots more talent is coming throught their conveyer belt.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

Cowden Andy
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 7, 2014, 6:27 PM

Team(s): Cowdenbeath FC

Post #5 of 6 (42198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Does Queens Park's bad season have something to do with Rangers? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No idea, just my own theory, but Queens Park are currently sharing at Airdrie, while Hampden Park is being converted to be used for the Commonwealth Games. The track will then have to be removed after that.

I am sure the appeal of playing at such a ground, as compared to most small lower division places, compensates for not getting paid a wage. This season that carrot is not there.

The future is still good though, as their Reserves are doing very well, so lots more talent is coming throught their conveyer belt.
Don't think its that Mishi, as HJ says above they lost quite a few of their decent young players to Premiership clubs and have been unable to replace them with players of the same quality. They are quite good with their youth system as you say so I would expect them to bonce back.

Rob North
First Team Star

Apr 15, 2014, 10:43 AM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #6 of 6 (42122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cowden Andy] Does Queens Park's bad season have something to do with Rangers? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I would expect them to bonce back.

At which point they will presumably be a-head of the game? Sorry....(takes coat and exits stage right)

(This post was edited by Rob North on Apr 16, 2014, 10:06 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3