First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Jan 21, 2014, 1:14 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 186 (55439 views)
Shortcut
Floodlit grounds with few midweek games Can't Post or Reply Privately

Doing my regular check on upcoming games using full time, I came across two interesting ones.
1) Congleton Vale v Grappenhall. 4 Feb. Listed by full time as Congleton School. I have a suspicion this is at Congleton Town
2) Leeds City v East End Park, 18 March at Adel WMA (which is Leeds City's normal ground currently). Is this a floodlit ground, or a combination of floodlit 3G plus normal grass, for which the grass is the normal Saturday ground?, or is the match actually somewhre else?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 21, 2014, 1:57 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #2 of 186 (55398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or

Congleton Vale's website lists them as playing at Congleton Town F.C. which is where they have played all season.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 21, 2014, 4:59 PM

Post #3 of 186 (55322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
2) Leeds City v East End Park, 18 March at Adel WMA (which is Leeds City's normal ground currently). Is this a floodlit ground, or a combination of floodlit 3G plus normal grass, for which the grass is the normal Saturday ground?, or is the match actually somewhre else?

No
No
Yes, and on the 12th March I believe. Leeds Senior Cup Semi Final @ Bracken Edge.

Steelback
First Team Star

Jan 21, 2014, 7:20 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #4 of 186 (55267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Congleton High School has a floodlit 3G pitch so it might be being played there

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

Mek
First Team Star

Jan 21, 2014, 9:55 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 186 (55231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Somerset County League:
Tue 4 Feb - Glastonbury v Staplegrove (1930KO)
Tue 11 Mar - Minehead v Watchet (1945KO)
Taunton & District League - Games in the Rowbarton Charity Cup being played on Friday nights at 2000hrs Castle Sports Centre, Taunton
Fri 24 Jan - Locomotives v Bridgwater Sports Res
Fri 31 Jan - Sampford Blues v Minehead Res
Fri 07 Feb - Bridgwater Wolves v Nether Stowey Res
Fri 14 Feb - Bridgwater Sports v Staplegrove Res

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 5, 2014, 1:33 PM

Post #6 of 186 (54836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The fact that the Congelton Vale match was switched from yesterday (when Town had a game) to next Tuesday backs up that this is played at Booth Street.

Meanwhile, i see Altofts are staging the District cup matches, Woodhouse Hill v Wakefield City (25 Feb) and Hall Green v Horbury (4 March). I wish the West Yorkshire League would specify cup names, there are 13 districts in the West Riding - I love the name Heavy Woollen, but I assume Altofts is Wakefield

[There is one scheduled Heavy Woollen Wheatley Cup semi final scheduled, for 9 April at Ossett Albion - Howden Clough v Lower Hopton. The other is Littletown v Wyke Wanderers or Gildersome SOB, with the outstanding quarter final being played on 15 Feb).

In Lancashire, the County FA Ground in Leyland stages tonight's Trophy semi-final - Darwen v Chorley, and another next Wednesday, AFC Fylde v Bamber Bridge. then for the next two Wednesdays, they stage the Amateur Shield semi finals, first Wren Rovers v Prestwich Heys (19 Feb) and then Thornton Cleveleys v Rochdale Sacred Heart (26 Feb).

Fat AND Pompous.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Feb 5, 2014, 10:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 186 (54753 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
In Lancashire, the County FA Ground in Leyland stages tonight's Trophy semi-final - Darwen v Chorley, and another next Wednesday, AFC Fylde v Bamber Bridge. then for the next two Wednesdays, they stage the Amateur Shield semi finals, first Wren Rovers v Prestwich Heys (19 Feb) and then Thornton Cleveleys v Rochdale Sacred Heart (26 Feb).

AFAIK, the semi-finals of the Amateur Shield are both scheduled to be played at Bamber Bridge. However, that could change if the wet weather continues, semis in the Amateur Cup and the Sunday Trophy have all been arranged and postponed at least a couple of times, and I think most if not all of them have yet to be played.

The finals of all three competitions are played in Leyland - they were originally scheduled for successive Fridays in March, but given the delays to the semi-finals, I suspect those dates will be subject to change.

The final of the Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy is staged at the Reebok Stadium.

Loiner
First Team Star

Feb 5, 2014, 11:42 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #8 of 186 (54743 views)
Shortcut

Meanwhile, i see Altofts are staging the District cup matches, Woodhouse Hill v Wakefield City (25 Feb) and Hall Green v Horbury (4 March). I wish the West Yorkshire League would specify cup names, there are 13 districts in the West Riding - I love the name Heavy Woollen, but I assume Altofts is Wakefield

They are Wakefield & District FA Cyril Craven Challenge Cup semi finals'
The Heavy Woolen District FA covers the Batley, Dewsbury area in which there were many Woollen Mills in the past.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 23, 2014, 4:59 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #9 of 186 (54584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There's an unusual midweek fixture listed on the Manchester Saturday Morning League's Full Time site.

Weds 12 March, Div 3 - Cassidys v Alkrington Dynamos.

Kick off listed for 10.15am, so if the fixture is correct the kick off time certainly isn't.

Cassidys play at William Hulme Grammar School in Manchester, which does have a floodlit all weather pitch, although I think the club usually plays on a grass pitch.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 23, 2014, 5:13 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #10 of 186 (54573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday March 25th in the Midland Combination U-21 Division : Rugby Town vs Rushden & Diamonds at Kilsby Lane, kick-off 7.45

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 24, 2014, 12:05 PM

Post #11 of 186 (54427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

12th March - Sherburn White Rose v Robin Hood Athletic

Fat AND Pompous.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 24, 2014, 6:28 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #12 of 186 (54335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There's an unusual midweek fixture listed on the Manchester Saturday Morning League's Full Time site.

Weds 12 March, Div 3 - Cassidys v Alkrington Dynamos.

This game has now disappeared from the website.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Feb 24, 2014, 9:32 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #13 of 186 (54279 views)
Shortcut

That's a shame, as it was my old school.

I can't advise on the pitch, as there were no football pitches, grass or otherwise, during my time there as the school then only played rugby union in the autumn and lacrosse in the spring, although they had played football in the past and resumed some time after I left in 1983 (and the Old Hulmeians, latterly Manchester South End, competed in the Lancashire Amateur League until the Second World War).

By the way, at least you spelled "Grammar" correctly, which is more than the Manchester Saturday Morning League website does!

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Feb 25, 2014, 8:31 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #14 of 186 (54213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have just stumbled across Pocklington Town v Scarborough Athletic Reserves, 1930 on Wed 19 March.

Not convenient before an early morning flight from Gatwick, but may be of interest to some

Ryburnian
Youth Team Sub

Feb 25, 2014, 12:12 PM

Team(s): Northampton Town, Trafford & groundhopper

Post #15 of 186 (54175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

The final of the Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy is staged at the Reebok Stadium.

This final, between Chorley and Fylde, is currently scheduled for Mon 17 March, at Chorley.

The Sunday Cup Final (Littleborough v Oswaldtwistle) is Friday 21st, at Leyland.

Ladies final (Preston NE v Blackburn) is Friday 28th, at Leyland.

The others (Senior cup, Amateur cup, Amateur shield, are unscheduled as yet)

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Feb 25, 2014, 3:04 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #16 of 186 (54139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Somerset County League:
Tue 4 Feb - Glastonbury v Staplegrove (1930KO)
Tue 11 Mar - Minehead v Watchet (1945KO)
Taunton & District League - Games in the Rowbarton Charity Cup being played on Friday nights at 2000hrs Castle Sports Centre, Taunton
Fri 24 Jan - Locomotives v Bridgwater Sports Res
Fri 31 Jan - Sampford Blues v Minehead Res
Fri 07 Feb - Bridgwater Wolves v Nether Stowey Res
Fri 14 Feb - Bridgwater Sports v Staplegrove Res

Ah That answers a question that had been intriguing me for a while. So that is a floodlit venue then? I have seen fixtures at Castle Sports Centre in very minor leagues in the silly season. They are tempting to double up with the cricket you see...

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

AndrewG
First Team Star

Feb 25, 2014, 10:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 186 (54070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ryburnian] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

This final, between Chorley and Fylde, is currently scheduled for Mon 17 March, at Chorley.

The Sunday Cup Final (Littleborough v Oswaldtwistle) is Friday 21st, at Leyland.

Ladies final (Preston NE v Blackburn) is Friday 28th, at Leyland.

The others (Senior cup, Amateur cup, Amateur shield, are unscheduled as yet)

No it's not, it is at the Reebok Stadium!

Ryburnian
Youth Team Sub

Feb 25, 2014, 11:32 PM

Post #18 of 186 (54056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Perhaps Lancs FA could change it to The Reebok on their fixture list then, for the benefit of us simple Yorkshire folk.

Telepathy doesn't work too well through the Pennines. Crazy

(This post was edited by Ryburnian on Feb 25, 2014, 11:40 PM)

AndrewG
First Team Star

Feb 26, 2014, 12:23 AM

Team(s):

Post #19 of 186 (54037 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ryburnian] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No doubt Chorley are listed as the first named side as they won the first semi-final, and therefore the default setting on the fixture lists most of the county FA's use will show their home venue unless someone changes it.

The vast majority of county FA's, Lancashire included, are useless at providing accurate information. However, I would not have thought it too difficult to check the fixture lists on either www.chorleyfc.com or www.afcfylde.co.uk both of which clearly state the correct venue.

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 26, 2014, 8:44 AM

Post #20 of 186 (54021 views)
Shortcut

The Lancashire FA likes to use telepathy as a means of communication
When I asked about seeing the team lists for one of the semi-finals, I was told I could not see them, and they would be announced over the tannoy system
This was not turned on at any point of the evening, but presumedly the details were telepathically transmitted
My receptor was not in full working order, so I resorted to asking the secretaries of each club - (AFC Fylde and Bamber Bridge), both of which were helpful.

Fat AND Pompous.

Ryburnian
Youth Team Sub

Feb 26, 2014, 8:45 AM

Post #21 of 186 (54020 views)
Shortcut

Thankyou Andrew.

If you fancy going to the Amateur Shield semi tonight I suggest you don't consult www.thorntoncleveleysfc.org/tcfc/ .They are still going to Bamber Bridge.

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 26, 2014, 10:50 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #22 of 186 (54003 views)
Shortcut

It appears that the Gwent FA has sanctioned the midweek use of the four 3G pitches - at Lliswerry, Abertillery, Pontllanfraith and Ebbw Vale - in the county to enable Gwent County League clubs to catch up on the backlog of matches.

The two Gwent Amateur Cup Semi-finals have also been scheduled for midweek on 3G;

Ynysddu Welfare v Cwmffrwdoer Sports (Thurs 10th Apr, 7.15pm, at Abertillery 3G)
Blaenavon Blues v Pill (Tues 8th April, 7pm, at Ebbw Vale 3G)

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 27, 2014, 10:13 AM

Post #23 of 186 (53904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

JMO Sports is becoming a floodlit ground with loads of games.
It appears the Liverpool County Premier League has booked every Tuesday and Wednesday in March, 20.00 slot for midweek games
I suspect the fixtures are changable, so keep an eye on
http://lcpl.pitchero.com/...&found_nearest=1
if interested

Fat AND Pompous.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 28, 2014, 3:32 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #24 of 186 (53793 views)
Shortcut

Wednesday March 5th - Hope Valley League A Division : Tideswell Blue Star vs FC United of Tideswell at 18.30

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 28, 2014, 6:05 PM

Post #25 of 186 (53755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or

And another one at Tideswell on Weds March 12th :

Hope Valley A Division Tideswell Blue Star v Hathersage, again at 1830.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3