Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Archive: Prediction League:
RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League!

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 19, 2013, 2:35 AM

Team(s): Yeovil Town FC

Post #1 of 10 (34623 views)
Shortcut
RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League! Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi people,

I'm trying to set up a new Xpert-Eleven 'football management' game League and I'm looking for interested footie-game players who'd like to gain entry 'on the ground floor', so to speak.

Basic entry to the game is completely free, but you can purchase 'VIP Status' quite reasonably, and which I recommend for the various 'perks' and more rounded immersive experience. When you join a 'Private League' like this, you also qualify for a free team in one of the two dozen or so 'Official Leagues' and also have the right to start-up your own 'Private League'. This portfolio is expandable as one of the 'perks' of buying 'VIP Status'.

This is a simple game in respect of basics, but has hidden depths to explore for the more committed player.

And it's players prepared to commit that we're looking-for... serious, mature, dogged even, certainly not fly-by-nights who'd abandon the game on their first serious reverse.

Anyway, you become the manager of a team in a division initially planned to hold 10-14 teams. That's 18-26 league matches, either twice per week -or- just once a week, allowing knock-out cup matches instead.

You're involved in players' skill, form, development, even character to some extent. For each match, you pick your team from a squad that you've shaped yourself, with transfers and developing youth prospects. You also select tactics for each game, based on 'spy reports' you commission on your opponents.
Naturally, all this requires finances, so accordingly you deal with the team budget, apportioning amounts to transfer kitties, youth development, player training & injury rehabilitation, awarding win bonuses, etc.

I find the whole gamut great fun and deeply fascinating, and I'm quite certain that plenty of others in this Forum would do so too... at least, those forumites whose 'inner child' is still pleading jumpers for goalposts!Wink

There are a few small VIP prizes on offer for certain feats of success, kindly donated by 'interested parties' and we'll always encourage our managers to donate their own little prizes from time to time, sans obligation.

The League I'm running has a name and a theme and may be found here:-

http://www.xperteleven.com/...3&TeamID=1171886

The Nyore Nyore League

The theme is 'African footie' and the design is to name all of our teams for 'real live' African teams of the present or past. As one of our prize-giving 'interested parties' has particular connections to Zimbabwe, we'll be honouring her by changing any team names carrying place-names from elsewhere into Zimbabwean ones! For instance:- 'Lusaka Spurs' (Zambia) could become 'Lomagundi Spurs' (Zim. version)

You don't have to worry about knowing Zimbo. placenames btw - our lady 'interested party' has promised to advise if anyone gets stuck for a team name, plus of course, you can look-up such things in the RSSSF Archives http://www.rsssf.com/results-afr.html

There's just one further demand for entry into the League:- Every manager must write 250-character plus PRESS REPORTS about the doings at his club at least twice per week. These may be cut&paste-based from notifications by X-11, but must be comprehensively edited/adjusted to read just like they'd appear in your local weekly rag!

Any queries or questions need to be made via xpert-11, as I'm rarely in this Forum these days.

Hoping to see a number of you there soon,

Not THE Chris Brown

Inherited by AngusGF

Fanatic
First Team Star

Dec 21, 2013, 7:36 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 10 (34562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Xpert is a brilliant game, but I'm afraid I'm up to my max quota of four teams already. Plus not sure I have the time for the press releases...

Would highly recommend it to others though.

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Dec 21, 2013, 8:17 PM

Post #3 of 10 (34558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Do newbies get reminders of things that they should be doing on a regular basis? It looks alot to remember from reading the original post, otherwise would of been interested.

I would laugh my head off if AFCW went down along with ColUwe and We**ham.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Dec 21, 2013, 10:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 10 (34553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You can set up your account so you get reminders for games that you haven't set tactics for.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Dec 23, 2013, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Bo'ness United/Cowdenbeath/Wasps

Post #5 of 10 (34510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mark, I've played xpert11 before and it's a very good game.

Thing being, while it is quite complicated to learn and become a master-tactician, like chess, similarly it's dead easy to just pick up and play the basics.
There's a good rulebook, covering the basic nuances, and you pick up finesse from experience and through the informative and helpful forums.

I had to stop playing it last year, as I was getting so 'into-it' that I was becoming addicted! lol.

If I were you, give it a try. Just don't give up if you don't immediately seem successful... remember chess!

Professional cretin.

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 23, 2013, 1:55 PM

Post #6 of 10 (34508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hi people, The original advertised League got deleted (as it failed to attract 6-plus managers in a 3-week period)... so here is detail for my next attempt, in which I've 'widened' the interest pool.

I'm trying to set up a new Xpert-Eleven 'football management' game League and I'm looking for interested footie-game players who'd like to gain entry 'on the ground floor', so to speak.

Basic entry to the game is completely free, but you can purchase 'VIP Status' quite reasonably, and which I recommend for the various 'perks' and more rounded immersive experience. When you join a 'Private League' like this, you also qualify for a free team in one of the two dozen or so 'Official Leagues' and also have the right to start-up your own 'Private League'. This portfolio is expandable as one of the 'perks' of buying 'VIP Status'.

This is a simple game in respect of basics, but has hidden depths to explore for the more committed player.

And it's players prepared to commit that we're looking-for... serious, mature, dogged even, certainly not fly-by-nights who'd abandon the game on their first serious reverse.

Anyway, you become the manager of a team in a division initially planned to hold 10-14 teams. That's 18-26 league matches, either twice per week -or- just once a week, allowing knock-out cup matches instead.

You're involved in players' skill, form, development, even character to some extent. For each match, you pick your team from a squad that you've shaped yourself, with transfers and developing youth prospects. You also select tactics for each game, based on 'spy reports' you commission on your opponents.
Naturally, all this requires finances, so accordingly you deal with the team budget, apportioning amounts to transfer kitties, youth development, player training & injury rehabilitation, awarding win bonuses, etc.

I find the whole gamut great fun and deeply fascinating, and I'm quite certain that plenty of others in this Forum would do so too... at least, those forumites whose 'inner child' is still pleading jumpers for goalposts!Wink

There are a few small VIP prizes on offer for certain feats of success, kindly donated by 'interested parties' and we'll always encourage our managers to donate their own little prizes from time to time, sans obligation. I'm also developing four little 'outside-the-game' 'Reckoners' intended as prizes... to assist you in evaluating & organising (a) General Player-Strengths; (b) Captaincy-List; (c) Free-Kicker-List; &/or (d) Penalty-Taker-List. (Useful time-savers, all!).

The League I'm running is The PAN-AFRICAN ALLIANCE and may be found here:-

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=326327

The theme is 'African Football Clubs' and the design is to name all of our teams for 'real live' African teams of the present or past.

There's just one further demand for entry into the League:- Every manager must write 250-character plus PRESS REPORTS about the doings at his club at least twice per week. These may be cut&paste-based from notifications by X-11, but must be comprehensively edited/adjusted to read just like they'd appear in your local weekly rag!

Any queries or questions need to be made via xpert-11, as I'm rarely in this Forum these days.

Not THE Chris Brown

Inherited by AngusGF

(This post was edited by Kernovian on Dec 23, 2013, 2:08 PM)

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Dec 23, 2013, 3:32 PM

Post #7 of 10 (34500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] RECRUITING players: Xpert-11 game League! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Mark, I've played xpert11 before and it's a very good game.

Thing being, while it is quite complicated to learn and become a master-tactician, like chess, similarly it's dead easy to just pick up and play the basics.
There's a good rulebook, covering the basic nuances, and you pick up finesse from experience and through the informative and helpful forums.

I had to stop playing it last year, as I was getting so 'into-it' that I was becoming addicted! lol.

If I were you, give it a try. Just don't give up if you don't immediately seem successful... remember chess!

Thankyou to you both for your advise. Appreciated. I love Chess now am in an era where no one I knows plays it, not the same playing Chess online. I will give it a go, I don't mind losing, it is the not keeping up to date on all the little bits and pieces that concerned me.

I would laugh my head off if AFCW went down along with ColUwe and We**ham.

(This post was edited by MarkInGorleston on Dec 23, 2013, 3:34 PM)

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 PM

Post #8 of 10 (21283 views)
Shortcut

Ahoy there! Got some changes to make to the original invitation (as below), and I'm writing to emphasise that I've found a way to deliver the Expert Eleven game to enthusiasts in an exciting novel fashion!

What I've done; put simply; is used the League which I set up ~ as a platform for a Role-Playing experience without compare!

In Reply To
Hi people,

I have set up a new Very Special Xpert-Eleven 'football management' game League and I'm looking for interested footie-game players who'd like to gain entry to form a 'Division Two', following a very, very successful maiden season. Expecting to recruit 8-16 Managers in this intake.

The most basic entry to the game is completely free, but in the League I've founded players MUST have VIP status.
You can purchase 'VIP Status' quite reasonably (from as little as 7/3-Months, progressively cheaper in bulk; and atm you can even buy a 1-Month 'trial' for just 10p ~ for new players!)
I recommend VIP purchase anyhow - for the various 'perks' and more rounded immersive experience.
When you join a 'Private League' like this, you also qualify for a free team in one of the two dozen or so 'Official Leagues' and also have the right to start-up your own 'Private League'.
This portfolio is expandable as one of the 'perks' of buying 'VIP Status'.

And it's players prepared to commit that we're looking-for... and of those, the players who fancy immersing themselves fully into our original & special Role-Playing theme!serious, mature, dogged even, certainly not fly-by-nights who'd abandon the game on their first serious reverse.

Anyway, you become the manager of a team in a Second Division planned to hold 12-16 teams, fighting for 3 or four promotion places. That's 22-30 league matches, played Thu/Sun twice per week & allowing Cup knock-out matches or friendlies to be played every Tue.

There is a shed-load of VIP prizes on offer for certain feats of success; totaling 96-Months+ for Season One just past. I anticipate a similar trove for Season Two approaching!

The League I'm running has a name and a theme and may be found here:-

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=329755

The Brythonnic Super-16 League

A fairly detailed description of what we're all about and how very excitingly different we are can be found at http://www.xperteleven.com/...geid=4852797#4852797

YOU are a descendent of human colonists on an alien world called Opengeo. You are situated in a Country known as The Brythonnic Imperium (Brythonn for short) and yes, Brythonn does have an Emperor... an elected one, no less! Over time the colonists have built-up a prospering community of some 3100 or so individual settlements, but have endured two calamitous 'dark ages' in their history ~ resulting in the loss of much knowledge, a great deal of culture and many skills. Nevertheless, they've indomitably bounced-back and now enjoy a culture which we Earthlings would compare with the European Feudal Period (Middle Ages), Victorian England circa 1840, the Gothic Renaissance ~ and in respect of the 'Gentry' class, the Parisian Louis Quatorze Era. As the colonists re-learn how to have an 'Industrial Age' they occupy a Gothic Steam-Punk milieu. One in which the previously illegal street-game of 'foote-balle' has just been transformed - legalised, formalised, sponsored by the Emperor himself, taken off the streets and set-up in new stadia all around the Country, become an official aerobic sporting passtime & spectator sport. In other words, the Emperor has in one fell swoop taken bored ruffians off the streets, provided the health benefits of strenuous activity, given the populace new heroes to cheer-on, and most importantly of all, created a brand-new taxation income-stream!

You play the X-11 game as if it were completely real-life in Brythonn, reporting regularly the happenings of your team, and in doing-so, bringing-in your creative invention of life in general in Brythonn, always subject to yours and others' pre-established invention of culture and history, as between all of us, slowly fabricating a whole new world of alien flora, fauna and experiences as you go!

Not only this... but also, we administrators are slowly but surely laying the foundations of what we hope will bee a classic 'Whodunnit' - interlacing strands of a great mystery within our press releases from time to time, a mystery wherein its speed of solution will determine great matters of Brythonnic State, altering the course of Brythonn's history forever! The solution will probably be in two parts - firstly solve 'what is the question to be asked', and then secondly, ask that question.

Like it?

There's just one further demand for entry into this League:- Every Manager must write 250-character plus PRESS REPORTS about the doings at his club at least twice per week. These may be cut&paste-based notifications by X-11, but must be comprehensively edited/adjusted to read just like they'd appear in your local weekly rag!

Not THE Chris Brown

Inherited by AngusGF

(This post was edited by Kernovian on Jun 4, 2014, 9:17 PM)

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 27, 2014, 9:48 AM

Post #9 of 10 (20564 views)
Shortcut

We'd like to get the new season in our League officially kicked-off by August 1st. latest.

This is not your run of the mill football-manager game remember! Sure, you DO actually get to manage ~ but the focus is more upon helping to create the self-contained world, culture & lore background behind the League, building upon and keeping in line with already established 'facts'!

We have a solid original core of fourteen established and artfully inventive managers who have firmly grounded the initial basic environment within which the League exists ~ and we wish to expand to between 24-32 managers for the new season, to now build on those foundations.

Don't let the term Role-Play disconcert you... in the game everyone wears at least two hats ~ that of team manager + that of ace local reporter. Beyond this one may improvise further characters as needed to assist the League's background story development.

To the best of my knowledge, we are the richest League in Xpert-Eleven in terms of the prizes we give out!

Oh yeah! We Admins are also weaving a fiendish murder-mystery (the WHODUNNIT?) into the background story too... unfolding over a handful of seasons. Help solve this heinous crime and maybe prevent the dastardly deed from changing our world for the worse, forever!

YOU DO have to buy VIP Membership (from 7/3-Months) in order to join OUR particular League (and VIP Membership MUST BE maintained at ALL TIMES) - but our Prizes are all various months-worth of VIP Membership once that you're in, and in the new season will AVERAGE at least 3-months for every team!
And for established Members we even operate a VIP Membership loan service to help on the odd emergency occasion.

Inherited by AngusGF

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 13, 2014, 11:01 PM

Post #10 of 10 (19735 views)
Shortcut

The places for this are shifting like hotcakes, but very few from NLM have so far applied - which is somewhat surprising!

C'mon and enjoy the role-play fun on the 'hijacked' X-11 platform.

Our game is no longer just a footie-manager game ~ we've developed it to transform t into something completely different!

If you're the proud owner of 'creative spark', you'll love it.

Inherited by AngusGF

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3