First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Castle
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 16, 2013, 9:56 PM

Team(s): Huncote FC / Porthmadog FC

Post #1 of 175 (3431 views)
Shortcut
If you were going to top yourself... Can't Post or Reply Privately

How would you choose to 'kick the bucket, buy the farm'? With a recent incident of a football chairman in the midlands choosing to walk onto the motorway in front of a lorry, I've been mulling over the 'best' method to carry out such a desperate act. And I think I'd have to plumb for self-induced water intoxication. Probably take a long time to see me off but I'm sure it's almost painless and probably better, much easier than my other idea of freezing to death. (must add here I'm not about to top myselfTongue though if Hinckley Youth team lose the county cup final it may happen!)

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 16, 2013, 10:02 PM

Post #2 of 175 (3425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Castle] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bloody hell, you're a bundle of fun you are! Tongue

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 16, 2013, 10:03 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #3 of 175 (3424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Castle] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Poor taste.

Castle
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 16, 2013, 10:06 PM

Team(s): Huncote FC / Porthmadog FC

Post #4 of 175 (3419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Bloody hell, you're a bundle of fun you are! Tongue

Comes from 13-years of being amongst Hinckley fans Crazy

Chris1963

Dec 16, 2013, 10:09 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #5 of 175 (3416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I had to look up the term 'buy the farm' on Google to see what it meant in the context of slang. Some people might think this thread in poor taste, but it's OK with me.

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Dec 16, 2013, 10:30 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #6 of 175 (3400 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by Whiskey Coates [In reply to] or Reply Privately

Chris1963

Dec 16, 2013, 10:49 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #7 of 175 (3391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The best way is probably one that is seldom used, it involves putting a plastic bag over your head and taping it around your neck. You would then suffocate to death, but not instantly and you would still have enough time to change your mind and tear the plastic bag off your head without suffering physical injury. (I'm sure there have been people who have changed their mind, but there's not much you can do about it if you've just jumped off a very high building.)

I have read of at least one case of people 'executing' themselves on home-made guillotines of a similar design to those that were used judicially in France up to 1977. It is tempting to speculate if the motive for going to all that expense and trouble was to find out how long the head remains conscious after decapitation.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Dec 16, 2013, 10:53 PM)

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Dec 16, 2013, 11:24 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #8 of 175 (3378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For God`s sake, enjoy life while you can, you are a long time dead- will not read any more b****cks on this thread-delete it I say....

Mishi

Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #9 of 175 (3367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Personally, how I choose to kill myself and when, if that's what I want is down to me!

This time of year, the pre-christmas period, is the worst/busiest time of year for people killing themselves.

If you do genuinely feel down, because of your life generally, or this thread makes you feel worse, may I suggest...

http://www.samaritans.org/

And a good place for general support, with lots of local groups up and down the country:

http://www.mind.org.uk/

Grounds visited: 741
Last new ground: Old Roan FC; John Roan Playing Fields; Kidrooke Park Road, London, SE3. (Bromley & South London Football Alliance Division One)
Last game: Tuesday 16th August 2019:Dulwich Hamlet 1, Wealdstone 0. [Vanarama National League South]
Matches watched this season: 17
2017/18-New English grounds: 3; & foreign: 0

jimmyjazz
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2013, 12:12 AM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 175 (3356 views)
Shortcut

As someone who has attempted suicide in the past and is currently receiving counseling for depression I actually found your post amusing. Sadly there are far too many websites that can give a serious answer to your question.

Anybody reading this suffering from low or suicidal thoughts - please speak to somebody, be it the Samaritans, your GP or those close to you.

Thanks Mishi for posting the links above.

buncranaboy

Dec 17, 2013, 12:20 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #11 of 175 (3351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmyjazz] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That reminds me, I'm off to see the Fields of the Nephilim and The Mission tomorrow night, Whoo-hoo!

Might choose to wear something black........

Isaac

Dec 17, 2013, 6:50 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #12 of 175 (3328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmyjazz] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
As someone who has attempted suicide in the past and is currently receiving counseling for depression I actually found your post amusing. Sadly there are far too many websites that can give a serious answer to your question.

Anybody reading this suffering from low or suicidal thoughts - please speak to somebody, be it the Samaritans, your GP or those close to you.

Thanks Mishi for posting the links above.

All credit to you for having the guts to come on here and say so.

A friend of my daughters took her own life recently, nobody could have forseen it, she was a pretty girl who seemingly had everything to live for.

What began as a bizzare topic of conversation could do a lot of good if it helps to remove some of the stigma about depression.

garethwrexy

Dec 17, 2013, 8:20 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #13 of 175 (3316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

bit morbed thread for xmas timeUnsure

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2013, 8:45 AM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #14 of 175 (3311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was an undiscussed dilemma in our family two years ago. Dad was dying slowly (passed away in Feb 2012) and was pretty bored of being alive. Even left a note that read like a suicide note but he didn't have the means to do anything.

Thing is, one of my sisters is religious and sentimental and wanted him to live for as long as possible; the other is a vet, very used to putting animals down, very unsentimental and pro-euthanasia. I think she influenced dad to just stop taking his tablets after our family get-toghether for Christmas 2011.

Dad was a bit disappointed that he lasted 2 more months, but had one last gallows-humour trick up his sleeve. The phone would ring on an almost daily basis, some spotty youth trying to sell double glazing / conservatories / life insurance / loft insulation, you know the stuff. Dad with a wink to whichever of us was looking after him (4 of us took a relay) would say he was not sure about the long-term investment. So when he got the "is it OK to call you back in 6 months?" he'd reply "you can if you want but I wouldn't bother, I'll be dead by then". I don't think Ryan the salesman had come across that one on his objection-handling course.

kirby knitters

Dec 17, 2013, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #15 of 175 (3299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bloody hell, it looks like im gonna have to keep my minces on the author of this thread...Starting at Newcastle Town tonight!!!

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2013, 10:02 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #16 of 175 (3291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That reminds me, I'm off to see the Fields of the Nephilim and The Mission tomorrow night, Whoo-hoo!

Might choose to wear something black........

fronted by my step-sister's partner, Carl McCoy. Group originally formed in Stevenage, but Carl is now based in Upavon, Wilts.

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2013, 10:15 AM

Post #17 of 175 (3286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
bit morbed thread for xmas timeUnsure

Although I can't add anything to it, still an interesting subject to discuss or in my case just read. (apart from this post obviously)

I would laugh my head off if AFCW went down along with ColUwe and We**ham.

pitch 63
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2013, 12:20 PM

Post #18 of 175 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In the last two years I have experienced two people attempt to take their lives.
Firstly, a very close friend, knowing that I was going over to their house at 9 pm one night took an overdose in the afternoon. However, I arrived three hours early at 6 pm, found the door open and them unconscious. I dialled 999 and after being rushed to hospital they survived without any after effects. Apart from the fact that they took the overdose, and had reasons to take their life, I eventually asked "why did you do it when you knew I was coming over?". The answer I got was that this particular friend wanted me to discover the body and not anyone else, because I could deal with the matter calmly and not get confused, ie I would know to call an ambulance, the police and relatives, etc. Nevertheless, I was privately very very annoyed at the thought that someone could take their life knowing I would find them; no regard to my feelings about discovering a body of someone I was close to. After all I am not a trained professional like the emergency services and the shock of finding an unconscious person who might die was bad enough.
Secondly, last June a 24 year old male, who I did not know, jumped off a 300 foot cliff and landed a little bit too close to me for my comfort. He, of course, died with the impact. The emergency services arrived very fast and dealt with the matter, but still unpleasant.

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2013, 12:28 PM

Post #19 of 175 (3263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pitch 63] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can think of something to say / share. As no one I know outside of football or my family read here.
My five year old son's nan. (my ex's mum) hung herself at home, she was in her 60's happy enough that she had a grandchild and left a lovely note, telling us not to blame her and that she loved us all, it turned out she was being bullied at work this was a shock to everyone in the family, she put the doglead round her neck and kicked the chair away. Her husband found her in the morning.
I hope by sharing this it will help someone.

(This post was edited by MarkInGorleston on Dec 17, 2013, 12:30 PM)

sandhurstbee

Dec 17, 2013, 1:15 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #20 of 175 (3241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One for the mods I think Shocked

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2013, 3:21 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #21 of 175 (3214 views)
Shortcut

Nitrogen asphyxia.

Just makes you pass-out, no 'reaching-breathing' problems, no distress. No wakey-uppee! Unsure

Professional cretin.

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2013, 3:49 PM

Post #22 of 175 (3204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Why? I shared something that happened in my life. We are all adults.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2013, 3:52 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #23 of 175 (3203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] If you were going to top yourself... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can't whack a bit of gallows humour - makes the day go round...

My weapon of choice would be to dive into a vat of Rioja Gran Reserva...
after some dirty minx had had her lips attached to my nether regions
for an hour or so before...Sly

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

Isaac

Dec 17, 2013, 6:44 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #24 of 175 (3180 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I can think of something to say / share. As no one I know outside of football or my family read here.
My five year old son's nan. (my ex's mum) hung herself at home, she was in her 60's happy enough that she had a grandchild and left a lovely note, telling us not to blame her and that she loved us all, it turned out she was being bullied at work this was a shock to everyone in the family, she put the doglead round her neck and kicked the chair away. Her husband found her in the morning.
I hope by sharing this it will help someone.

Quite shocking that somebody should take their own life over work place bullying, the obvious question is why didn't she just pack the job in?

As I mentioned a friend of my daughters took her own life recently by hanging herself in a barn, she e-mailed the police saying what she was going to do (knowing the e-mail would not be read until some hours later) just to make sure nobody else would have the awful experience of finding her. There was no obvious reason as to why she took her life, she had only just turned 20 and was a pretty girl, shades of Gary Speed's suicide.

sandhurstbee

Dec 17, 2013, 6:46 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #25 of 175 (3178 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Why? I shared something that happened in my life. We are all adults.

Sorry Mark did not mean to belittle your story or anything just clicked reply after last comment, should have clicked reply on Castles original post as I think this subject is not only in very poor taste but also is a subject that can provoke a negative feeling as per jimmyjazz post. Just do not think this is a subject that needs airing on a football forum, albeit in the general chat section.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3