INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
It could only happen in Luxembourg...

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Jul 3, 2013, 6:33 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #1 of 2 (601 views)
Shortcut
It could only happen in Luxembourg... Can't Post or Reply Privately

... I opened my letterbox this evening to find I had just had a letter from my bank, confirming their interest rates for savings accounts.
They pay 0.4% interest, from zero to....

... wait for it...

... three MILLION Euros. That's right... no misprint, that's three followed by six zeros. None of this earning extra interest after a mere 100 grand. There is however an extra quarter percent for amounts above 3 million and up to 5. Should I have more than 5 million euros to put into my savings account, then I should contact the bank.

I had three reactions:

firstly, one of complete laughing disbelief. I believe the initials ROFL were developed specifically for just this kind of circumstance.

Secondly, that I was so far into the 0.4% band that it was untrue, and that even a lottery win would still keep me in the lowest tier.

The third was utter puzzlement, since I know from second hand experience (well, it's not going to happen to me any time soon, but I do teach English to this and to other banks) that the private banking side will certainly begin to perk their ears up when you can talk about the higher reaches of 6 figures, and definitely be interested in anyone who can put 5 million EUR on the table as a High Net Worth individual (albeit Conference level), deserving of individual attention. And their spiel never mentions 0.65% let alone 0.4% return on investment.

(This post was edited by Andrelux on Jul 3, 2013, 6:42 PM)

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Jul 5, 2013, 12:01 PM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #2 of 2 (480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] It could only happen in Luxembourg... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Out of interest what else can only happen in Luxembourg? Can you kill BeNe's with a bow and arrow within the countries boundaries for instance?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3