Wiltshire League 2013/14

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 23, 2013, 3:02 PM

Post #1 of 30 (3688 views)
Shortcut
Wiltshire League 2013/14 Can't Post or

Can't find any line ups yet but have found that Blunsdon are back in the league, see in article @ http://www.pitchero.com/...ur-frien-975872.html

acmold

Jun 28, 2013, 8:50 PM

Post #2 of 30 (3450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Richard just beat me to posting this on the Trowbridge League thread Cool

From http://www.pitchero.com/...ature-in-969733.html

At the Wiltshire League AGM Melksham Town Reserves were elected to Division 1 for the 2013-2014 seasonLeague fixtures will commence on 17th August
League comprises of 8 teams and each team will play each other a total of 4 times
League entrants
Melksham Town Reserves
Blunsdon FC
Intel FC
Malmesbury Victoria FC Reserves
Marlborough Town FC Reserves
Sarum Youth
Wootton Bassett Town FC Develop
Wroughton FC Reserves

acmold

Jun 28, 2013, 8:55 PM

Post #3 of 30 (3443 views)
Shortcut

If line up is correct in previous post the division has lost Madames, Ashton Keynes, NALGO, Chippenham Park Res, Marshfield. Wilton Town and AFC Wroughton.

With Wroughton Res in Division One it means Wroughton must have returned to the Premier Division

acmold

Jun 28, 2013, 9:04 PM

Post #4 of 30 (3436 views)
Shortcut

From Ashton Keynes facebook page dated 11th June 2013

"Excellent first training session and a good turn out. Thanks to all that came to join in. We will be training every Tuesday from now until the start of the season. As I mentioned we will be entering into Cirencester District 2 league this coming season".

Chippenham Park Website has the following

Leagues for 2013/2014 Season
Chippenham Park have been promoted to Western League Division One and Chippenham Park Reserves (now known as FC Chippenham) have been promoted to Wiltshire Premier Division.

(This post was edited by acmold on Jun 28, 2013, 9:10 PM)

acmold

Jun 28, 2013, 9:20 PM

Post #5 of 30 (3423 views)
Shortcut

Plaister Autos Wiltshire League Premier Division - 2013/14 season

Competing clubs:

Corsham Town FC Reserves;
Devizes Town FC Reserves,
FC Chippenham Youth,
Ludgershall Sports FC,
Marlborough Town FC,
Purton FC Reserves,
Shrewton United FC,
SKS Blyskawica FC,
Southbrook FC,
Supermarine Youth,
Trowbridge Town FC,
Vale of Pewsey FC,
Wilts Calne Town FC
Wroughton FC.

from http://southbrookfc.com/news.html

acmold

Jun 28, 2013, 9:29 PM

Post #6 of 30 (3416 views)
Shortcut

Leaving Premier - Chippenham Park (to Western 1), Bradford Town Res (?), RGV Shrewton (folded ?), Beversbrook (Hellenic 2W)

Joining - Shrewton United, Supermarine Youth, Wroughton (returning after folding), FC Chippneham Yth (ex Chippenham Park Res from Div 1)

Leaving One - Madames, Ashton Keynes (Ciren 2), NALGO, Marshfield (Trowbridge League), AFC Wroughton, Wilton Town, Chippenham Park Res (to Premier as FC Chippenham Yth)

Joining - Sarum Youth, Blunsdon (reformed?), Melksham Town Res, Wroughton Res.

Don't shoot me if something is incorrect.

No Chisledon this season not starting the season Cool

(This post was edited by acmold on Jun 28, 2013, 9:36 PM)

Mark
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 28, 2013, 9:38 PM

Post #7 of 30 (3408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was at a Madames game at the end of last season. Their players referred to the team as Old Town and their manager said they were changing their name to Supermarine Youth for this season, even though some players were clearly on the wrong side of 'youth'.

acmold

Jun 28, 2013, 9:45 PM

Post #8 of 30 (3404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Maybe playing at the third ground at Hunts Copse (railed with dug-outs at right angles to Supermarine ground) which was used at times by the short lived FC South Marston maybe even FC Sanford?.

Martin9
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 28, 2013, 10:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 30 (3387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sarum Youth are based in Salisbury and have previously only run age group teams.

Tim

Jun 28, 2013, 10:19 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #10 of 30 (3386 views)
Shortcut

Sarum Youth's U16 team (the oldest they've got) finished bottom of their division of the Mid Wilts Youth & Minor League last season. Looks like another fine addition to the Wiltshire League line up....

allthingswilts
Junior Team Sub

Jun 30, 2013, 4:25 PM

Post #11 of 30 (3261 views)
Shortcut

RGV Shrewton are alive and well and will be playing the Salisbury & District Premier Division next season

acmold

Jun 30, 2013, 7:53 PM

Post #12 of 30 (3203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [allthingswilts] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Do you know if Wilton are in the Salisbury League for 13/4, everything on their website has gone quiet since May when it states the manager had resigned after 5 years.

allthingswilts
Junior Team Sub

Jun 30, 2013, 8:00 PM

Post #13 of 30 (3195 views)
Shortcut

No in the Salisbury League as I know so looks like they are not running a side

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2013, 2:22 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #14 of 30 (3063 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Leaving Premier - Chippenham Park (to Western 1), Bradford Town Res (?), RGV Shrewton (folded ?), Beversbrook (Hellenic 2W)

Joining - Shrewton United, Supermarine Youth, Wroughton (returning after folding), FC Chippneham Yth (ex Chippenham Park Res from Div 1)

Leaving One - Madames, Ashton Keynes (Ciren 2), NALGO, Marshfield (Trowbridge League), AFC Wroughton, Wilton Town, Chippenham Park Res (to Premier as FC Chippenham Yth)

Joining - Sarum Youth, Blunsdon (reformed?), Melksham Town Res, Wroughton Res.

Don't shoot me if something is incorrect.

No Chisledon this season not starting the season Cool

Good grief.

After all that I am looking at maybe only needing two of those to clear Wiltshire to Step 8...may actually have to make an effort now! Will have to dust off my A-Z of Swindon and work out where they play just to be sure.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

acmold

Jul 1, 2013, 3:03 PM

Post #15 of 30 (3042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

I think I will need FC Chippenham Yth if they play at the FC Chippenham Yth ground as per two seasons ago.

Southbrook if they play on the pitch next to the dressing room block

Sarum Youth I presume unless they play somewhere already visited

Wootton Bassett Development if they are playing where they did last year. I have been to the complex but may not have done the pitch, if I remember correctly each team is allocated a pitch for the season at it. I think I saw AFC Abbey Rodbourne there.

No doubt others might have moved.

Just a word about Intel they have been in Division One for a few years now, always seem to play at the same ground and usually have a reasonable season. That's the mockers on them Cool

Interesting to see if any of the Swindon based clubs turn up in the Swindon & District League.

How many teams have been in the Wilts League in the last 15 or 20 seasons?. I have done what seems like dozens.

Ramsbury, Aldbourne, Swindon Asians, Sporting Highworth King & Queen, Chiseldon, Wilton Tn, Castle Combe, Chalke Valley, Raychem, Minety, Bromham, Biddestone, Wanborough Utd, Ashton Keynes, Marshfield, Allied Dundar, Stratton Jnuiors, Highworth Ath plus a number of others. And then there are the ones I never got to like Box, Lower Stratton. Plus all the ones that have gone up, Malmesbury, Cricklade, New College, etc

Tim

Jul 1, 2013, 3:46 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #16 of 30 (3026 views)
Shortcut

Marlborough Town must be the longest serving non-reserve team in the league. Doubt if anyone else has clocked up more than about five years, possibly with the exception of Southbrook.

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2013, 4:05 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #17 of 30 (3016 views)
Shortcut

I know I need Blyskawica assuming they are playing still out at Wanborough somewhere. I need Ludgershall too.

No idea where Sarum Youth play. Intel I presume play on a playing field in Swindon, W Bassett Devpt I had assumed played at the Bassett ground, so if they don't then I need them. Blunsdon again don't know where they play. I assume its not in Blunsdon, I have never seen a pitch there, most of it has been built on now...All handy games when i am on Saturday night turns now that I have exhausted Bristol to Step 7.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

(This post was edited by wishmaster3211 on Jul 1, 2013, 4:09 PM)

acmold

Jul 1, 2013, 6:52 PM

Post #18 of 30 (2961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Marlborough Town must be the longest serving non-reserve team in the league. Doubt if anyone else has clocked up more than about five years, possibly with the exception of Southbrook.

Marlborough Town out do everyone by miles in league, think Intel are actually in their 6th or 7th season. Southbrook under that name are only 5 or 6 seasons?

acmold

Jul 1, 2013, 6:59 PM

Post #19 of 30 (2959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

I know I need Blyskawica assuming they are playing still out at Wanborough somewhere. - Presume so
Intel I presume play on a playing field in Swindon, - Have played at Commonweal School for a number of years, better than it sounds tree lined with old wooden pavillion W Bassett Devpt I had assumed played at the Bassett ground - Played at Ballards Ash, Malmesbury Rd, council pitches but well looked after. Tea Bar run by groundsman when I went Blunsdon again don't know where they play. I assume its not in Blunsdon, - Presume still at Sutton Park in Broad Blunsdon well hidden away. OK had small bar / clubhouse.

Sarumio

Jul 1, 2013, 7:12 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #20 of 30 (2954 views)
Shortcut

Shocking to think that just 10 years ago it had 48 members!
Even more recently - just four years ago - it had 36 members in 3 divisions. Now its down to 22. That is really sad to see, but they've only themselves to blame unfortunately.

Marlborough Town, Wroughton and Southbrook (previously Westside) are the only first teams that have been there more than 10 years! And Wroughton is dubious, as they dropped out halfway through last season.

Why Marlborough aren't completely driven to move up to Step 6 is beyond me - can they really enjoy being in this league?

royals26

Jul 2, 2013, 8:26 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #21 of 30 (2877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I know I need Blyskawica assuming they are playing still out at Wanborough somewhere. I need Ludgershall too.

No idea where Sarum Youth play. Intel I presume play on a playing field in Swindon, W Bassett Devpt I had assumed played at the Bassett ground, so if they don't then I need them. Blunsdon again don't know where they play. I assume its not in Blunsdon, I have never seen a pitch there, most of it has been built on now...All handy games when i am on Saturday night turns now that I have exhausted Bristol to Step 7.

Or ...further to molders points above - ...maybe take your pick of one of these on their Colts site?

http://www.pitchero.com/...doncoltsfc/location/

..the 'new' Senior side do get a mention on there but you may have to wait until FullTime catches up for more info?

franky
Ballboy/girl

Jul 3, 2013, 10:04 AM

Post #22 of 30 (2776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Alrighty gents, Wilton town's team moved over to Sarum Youth as the manager has links with Sarum, they are playing on the new pitch in Wilton

acmold

Jul 3, 2013, 10:24 AM

Post #23 of 30 (2767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [franky] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Alrighty gents, Wilton town's team moved over to Sarum Youth as the manager has links with Sarum, they are playing on the new pitch in Wilton

The manager who left has taken most of the team with him?,

I know from reading they were a young team, a season or so ago some were barely 16 according to the clubs website. When I went 3 years ago they were talking and moving and last season I noted they were on a different ground from the town centre ground.

Nice people at Wilton, good tea bar APL gave it top marks.

franky
Ballboy/girl

Jul 3, 2013, 2:29 PM

Post #24 of 30 (2720 views)
Shortcut

yes the squad is young with a few seasoned players, the sarum teams progress into Bemerton Heath U18's (Wiltshire floodlit league) and then have the option afterwards to play for the mens team in the Wiltshire league etc

acmold

Jul 3, 2013, 2:40 PM

Post #25 of 30 (2716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [franky] Wiltshire League 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

When I was reading up on Sarum I saw the bit about Bemerton. I did not want to put 2 and 2 together and get 23 but what you have said is more or less what I thought might be going on.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3