Valid Email Address in Profile

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 18, 2013, 5:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 2 (4046 views)
Shortcut
Valid Email Address in Profile Can't Post or Reply Privately

Could I ask everyone to check their profile and make sure the email address is a valid one. This address is not visible to other members and is used only to send forum notifications of replies to posts and notifications of PMs received. It is used for no other purpose, it's not sold and I don't run a mailing list.

If the address is not valid I get a bounce message and having been bombarded with spambot signups aswelll in the last few days it's starting to get annoying.

The alternative is to switch off the automatic notifications in your profile but I'm not too sure why you want to do that.

I WILL start to disable accounts that I notice are producing these bounce emails regularly so please take 10 seconds to check for me.

Thanks

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 18, 2013, 7:28 PM

Post #2 of 2 (4022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Valid Email Address in Profile [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The alternative is to switch off the automatic notifications in your profile but I'm not too sure why you want to do that.

Hi Steve, I have a valid e-mail address but I have notifications turned off because I'm on here most days but Mrs UKPunk usually checks the e-mails and just lets me know if any are for me. There usually isn't so it would be a waste of time getting notifications when I'd have already been on the forum.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3