Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Archive: Other British Isles Football:
Barry Town United and Llanelli

herefordvale
Youth Team Sub

Jun 14, 2013, 1:57 PM

Team(s): Vale of Arrow (Gladestry)

Post #1 of 6 (6413 views)
Shortcut
Barry Town United and Llanelli Can't Post or Reply Privately

The FAW have turned down applications from both of these clubs for membership of the FAW and Welsh Leagues (1, 2 and 3!!).
They have been told to apply to their local leagues at recreational level Crazy

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 14, 2013, 4:24 PM

Post #2 of 6 (6392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [herefordvale] Barry Town United and Llanelli [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think this is the only move the FAW could have done, after all there are clubs wanting to move up to Welsh League Division 3 and it would have caused a huge stink to parachute two brand new teams in there.

I just with the FA had the guts to do the same in England.

(This post was edited by Richard Rundle on Jun 14, 2013, 4:24 PM)

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 14, 2013, 6:50 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #3 of 6 (6367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Barry Town United and Llanelli [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can't agree. Llanelli and Barry could and should have been accomodated in Welsh League three, even if that had meant the division running with seventeen or eighteen clubs for a season. The reaction of the footballing community across Wales is that this is a wrong decision. The FAW's main responsibility is to look after the interests of football in Wales. Having towns like Barry and Llanelli, both with long and famous footballing traditions, without representation in senior football cannot be said to be doing this.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 14, 2013, 7:57 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #4 of 6 (6351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Barry Town United and Llanelli [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Both clubs are new clubs, so there is a case for forcing them lower in the pyramid. If nothing else it gives clubs at the next level down that charge for admission a windfall.

But, they clearly could have been elected to the Welsh League without causing problems. They would not have denied clubs promotion, as there must be a knock down effect from the original clubs being removed higher up the pyramid. I suppose as Llanelli were replaced by a club in North Wales, it means their "vacancy" is in the Welsh AllianceShocked though.

I was under the impression that the Welsh League and FAW were all in favour of the new Barry club to replace Barry Town,and I am surprised this one has not be favoured.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Barbie
First Team Regular

Jun 18, 2013, 11:35 AM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #5 of 6 (6203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Barry Town United and Llanelli [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It all appears to be kicking off. MPs asking questions in Parliament and rumblings of a move for an EGM of the FAW.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 18, 2013, 12:05 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 6 (6194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] Barry Town United and Llanelli [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It all appears to be kicking off. MPs asking questions in Parliament and rumblings of a move for an EGM of the FAW.

Maybe to late for the 2 clubs maybe not time will tell but those rumblings cant be a bad thingSmile

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3