Jumping to last unread message

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2013, 12:57 PM

Post #1 of 9 (6083 views)
Shortcut
Jumping to last unread message Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone else having a problem with this?

I have always had this option selected and it has always worked in the past but today it's just directing me to the start of the thread.

Have tried de-selecting and re-selecting the option in my settings and logging out and in again but no joy.

No big deal in the greater scheme of things but if there's an easy fix I'll try it.

Cheers

sjj2112
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 14, 2013, 1:33 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alexandra, Nantwich Town, Ashford Town (Middx), Venezia

Post #2 of 9 (6076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Jumping to last unread message [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was also having this problem this morning so I thought I'd try logging out and then back in.

After logging out I was unable to log back in with the cookies option enabled.

Once I tried logging in with the "don't use cookies" option ticked it let me back in, and it has now gone back to jumping to the first unread post in any thread.

I'm a man of many anoraks.....

Chris M
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 14, 2013, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Everton, Marine, Sheffield FC, Hallam

Post #3 of 9 (6065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjj2112] Jumping to last unread message [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Both of these happening with me. Also been having a problem for about 3 days now where if, using my phone, I navigate to a thread on the NLF: General forum, then click back to go to the forum view, it brings up an old view of the forum from about a week ago.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2013, 2:40 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #4 of 9 (6056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Jumping to last unread message [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am also experiencing this problem. It was OK for me yesterday.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 14, 2013, 3:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 9 (6043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Jumping to last unread message [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I am also experiencing this problem. It was OK for me yesterday.

There's some server alterations going on to try and fix the main site software which may have broken other things. It will be looked at shortly.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 14, 2013, 9:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 9 (6005 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Anyone else having a problem with this?

I have always had this option selected and it has always worked in the past but today it's just directing me to the start of the thread.

Have tried de-selecting and re-selecting the option in my settings and logging out and in again but no joy.

No big deal in the greater scheme of things but if there's an easy fix I'll try it.

Cheers

Fixed now I think.

I wish everything else was. You guys probably have no idea how much time, cost and energy goes into just keeping this site online and working properly. Thxs for the Donation. I could really do with a few more donation / subscriptions so I don't have to keep digging into my ever decreasing pocket to keep the site running. We get 1.5 million hits a month, you can't host that on a free server.

The last time I had a subscription push was about 18 months ago and most of those renewals a year later were declined presumably because most people don't keep funds in a PayPal account. I hate asking but yes I do need a little help, there is a Donations Tab on the Main Site which you can get to by clicking the HOME tab in the top menu. Any help to keep the site online is much appreciated as it's a little too much for one person to fund

Cheers.... Steve

stourboy
First Team Star

Jul 24, 2013, 4:04 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #7 of 9 (5107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Jumping to last unread message [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Steve please check your PM's Smile

steve walker
Administrator

Jul 27, 2013, 8:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 9 (4963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] Jumping to last unread message [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry, can you send it again I must have deleted by mistake

Steve

stourboy
First Team Star

Jul 31, 2013, 4:57 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #9 of 9 (4840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Jumping to last unread message [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sorry, can you send it again I must have deleted by mistake

Steve

Done Smile

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3