Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2013-14

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 11, 2013, 3:28 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2210 views)
Shortcut
Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2013-14 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've not seen an official proposed constitution. This is based on what I've read on club websites and Twitter. The AGM is normally late June.

Abbey Rangers
AFC Cubo
Battersea Ironsides
Bookham
Coulsdon Town
Horsley
Merrow (promoted from Surrey County Intermediate (Western))
NPL (promoted from Surrey South Eastern Combination)
Old Farnboronians
Puretown (subject to ground grading. Promoted from Surrey South Eastern Combination)
Reigate Priory
Ripley Village
Tooting Bec
Virginia Water
Warlingham (voluntary drop from the CCL)
Yateley United (new club formed by merger of Yateley Green and Yateley)

Leaving the league:
Crescent Rovers (relegated. Destination league unknown)
Oxted & District (relegated subject to Puretown's ground grading. Destination league unknown)
Weston Green Sports (voluntary drop to SCIL (W))

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 11, 2013, 3:33 PM)

Sarumio

Jun 11, 2013, 3:46 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 9 (2191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've not seen an official proposed constitution. This is based on what I've read on club websites and Twitter. The AGM is normally late June.

Abbey Rangers
AFC Cubo
Battersea Ironsides
Bookham
Coulsdon Town
Horsley
Merrow (promoted from Surrey County Intermediate (Western))
NPL (promoted from Surrey South Eastern Combination)
Old Farnboronians
Puretown (subject to ground grading. Promoted from Surrey South Eastern Combination)
Reigate Priory
Ripley Village
Tooting Bec
Virginia Water
Warlingham (voluntary drop from the CCL)
Yateley United (new club formed by merger of Yateley Green and Yateley)

Leaving the league:
Crescent Rovers (relegated. Destination league unknown)
Oxted & District (relegated subject to Puretown's ground grading. Destination league unknown)
Weston Green Sports (voluntary drop to SCIL (W))

Why are two being promoted from the Surrey South Eastsern Combination? I thought it was one up from the feeders - why are Oxted being relegted in favour of TWO SSE teams?

VP

Jun 11, 2013, 3:49 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Why are two being promoted from the Surrey South Eastsern Combination? I thought it was one up from the feeders - why are Oxted being relegted in favour of TWO SSE teams?

It's supposed to be four down from the Elite, two up from the two feeders. It appears Shottermill & Haslemere, who finished second in the SCIL(W), don't want promotion, unless they've apllied to one of the Sussex Leagues.
Claygate & Ditton had resigned from the SEIL at the beginning of the season so the league was a team short. I suppose technically Reigate Priory have been reprieved if this constitution is correct.

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 11, 2013, 3:58 PM)

Sarumio

Jun 11, 2013, 3:54 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #4 of 9 (2181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

It's supposed to be four down from the Elite, two up from the two feeders. It appears Shottermill & Haslemere, who finished second in the SCIL(W), don't want promotion.
Claygate & Ditton had resigned from the SEIL at the beginning of the season so the league was a team short. I suppose technically Reigate Priory have been reprieved if this constitution is correct.

4 down in a league of 16 is complete madness!

VP

Jun 11, 2013, 4:03 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

It's supposed to be four down from the Elite, two up from the two feeders. It appears Shottermill & Haslemere, who finished second in the SCIL(W), don't want promotion.

4 down in a league of 16 is complete madness!

I mentioned this to the league secretary a few years ago. He said the league were considering changing it but they haven't so far so maybe the clubs are in favour. having said that, I don't think they've yet relegated more than two clubs in any single season. The league is only now beginning to settle down after a few years of turbulence due to resignations etc.

VP

Jun 19, 2013, 11:51 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1897 views)
Shortcut

The AGM was held tonight. Constitution as listed. PureTown got the nod.

VP

Jun 21, 2013, 10:15 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1739 views)
Shortcut

For completion - the Reserve Division.

Abbey Rangers Reserves
Battersea Ironside Reserves
Coulsdon Town Reserves
Epsom Athletic Reserves
Horsley Reserves
Mole Valley SCR Reserves
Reigate Priory Reserves
Ripley Village Reserves
Tooting Bec Reserves
Virginia Water Reserves

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 21, 2013, 10:16 PM)

VP

Jul 12, 2013, 7:01 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1534 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
For completion - the Reserve Division.

Abbey Rangers Reserves
Battersea Ironside Reserves
Coulsdon Town Reserves
Epsom Athletic Reserves
Horsley Reserves
Mole Valley SCR Reserves
Reigate Priory Reserves
Ripley Village Reserves
Tooting Bec Reserves
Virginia Water Reserves

Due to the demise of the CCL Reserve Division it's been announced the reserve teams of Farleigh Rovers, Sheerwater and Worcester Park will be joining the Surrey Elite Reserve Division. The Farleigh website says there are expected to be 14 teams in it so there's still someone else I'm missing. The league's Mitoo pages aren't active for this season yet.

VP

Jul 31, 2013, 2:28 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1216 views)
Shortcut

Mitoo pages now up and running. Reserve Division constitution confirmed. Epsom & Ewell were the missing team. I don't know the last time they had a reserve team.

Abbey Rangers Reserves
Battersea Ironsides Reserves
Coulsdon Town Reserves
Epsom & Ewell Reserves
Epsom Athletic Reserves
Farleigh Rovers Reserves
Horsley Reserves
Mole Valley SCR Reserves
Reigate Priory Reserves
Ripley Village Reserves
Sheerwater Reserves
Tooting Bec Reserves