Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 3, 2013, 11:39 PM

Post #1 of 35 (8880 views)
Shortcut
Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 Can't Post or Reply Privately

To be confirmed at the AGM on June 22nd.

http://spartansouthmidlands.goalrun.com/...=3311&id=2932007

"Premier Division: Will hopefully remain with 22 clubs. There will be no relegation, so Holmer Green and Hatfield will be reprieved.
Division One: Promoted from Division Two are Broxbourne Boro and Risboro Rangers, with Baldock Town promoted from the Herts County League and Arlesey Reserves promoted from the Bedford County League. New Bradwell St. Peter have been relegated.
Division Two: The final composition of this Division is still to be confirmed, as ground inspections from potential new clubs have not yet been completed. However, Aylesbury Reserves have resigned from the League, and New Bradwell St. Peter and Grendon Rangers (from the North Bucks League) are definitely added."

acmold

Jun 4, 2013, 9:51 AM

Post #2 of 35 (8777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Grendon just over 5 miles from Bicester and 10 from Oxford, I know they are in the North Bucks and that is their path Pyramid, but if many more clubs at a lower level start switching to the SML feeders east of Oxford and start coming through the Pyramid the Hellenic will start losing clubs in east Oxfordshire and mid Bucks to the SML.

A number of clubs in the area have switched to the Aylesbury League from Oxford based leagues in recent years, Long Crendon look though they might this year. Haddenham, Great Milton, Brill, Tetsworth have gone in recent years. You now have just Watlington and Chalgrove in the OSL stopping the Aylesbury / SML footprint meeting the North Berks. Great Milton to Berinsfield is just 5 miles.

Doing my latest history project on Hellenic clubs it is quite an eye opener to see how many ex Hellenic clubs are now in the SML or have been in the league after Hellenic membership.

Flackwell, Penn & Tylers, Chalfont Wasps, Thame, could all be in SML without adding travelling or even with less travelling.

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2013, 1:31 PM

Post #3 of 35 (8650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
To be confirmed at the AGM on June 22nd.

http://spartansouthmidlands.goalrun.com/...=3311&id=2932007

"Premier Division: Will hopefully remain with 22 clubs. There will be no relegation, so Holmer Green and Hatfield will be reprieved.
Division One: Promoted from Division Two are Broxbourne Boro and Risboro Rangers, with Baldock Town promoted from the Herts County League and Arlesey Reserves promoted from the Bedford County League. New Bradwell St. Peter have been relegated.
Division Two: The final composition of this Division is still to be confirmed, as ground inspections from potential new clubs have not yet been completed. However, Aylesbury Reserves have resigned from the League, and New Bradwell St. Peter and Grendon Rangers (from the North Bucks League) are definitely added."

My home town club Hatfield Town reprieved again!

That cat will run out of lives soon…

Sarumio

Jun 4, 2013, 1:40 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #4 of 35 (8642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier loses - 3 - Dunstable Town, Aylesbury United and Haringey Borough - and it apparently due to run with 22 clubs again - so am I right in assuming that 3 are coming up from Div One - Crawley Green promoted from 4th place?

If thats the case - and 4 are coming up (Broxbourne, Baldock, Risborough, Arlesey Town Reserves) then that leaves Div One with 21 clubs - so I can't understand why New Bradwell have been relegated.

Unless Crawley Green aren't going up and another club is being transferred to the Premier...but all neighbouring step 5 leagues have issued their constitutions and there's no one missing from them - so can't see as thats the case.

ComradeBT
Youth Team Star

Jun 4, 2013, 1:54 PM

Team(s): WWFC; WFC

Post #5 of 35 (8626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No, no, no. Not another reserve side admitted with Arlesey joining? When will the league learn this is wrong? In the last couple of years the SSMFL have allowed St Albans and Aylesbury to launch reserve sides into the league only for them to drop out again almost immediately. Pointless, absolutely pointless.

Baldock Town promoted only because they are playing at Hitchin Town's Top Field. I know, I know, rules state that they haven't moved there to gain a promotion place through the back door, however, the club have previously tried to gain promotion but their Norton Road gound was ruled inappropriate owing to the artificial pitch and caged surround. The club undertook a groundshare in order to move up the pyramid and low and behold, Top Field allows them to do that a year later.

So 'wrong' again. The FA should prevent teams moving out of their own town/immediate vicinity without a dedicated plan in place to relocate back to their geographical origins.

ComradeBT
-- Non-League football club founder.

490 different football grounds visited. Last out:

Oakfield Stadium - Melksham Town 1-4 Winchester City
Att: 470

acmold

Jun 4, 2013, 2:40 PM

Post #6 of 35 (8584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Arlesey Res were placed 4th in a step 7 league last season so in terms of Pyramid promotions they are entitled to come up and were not just brought in on a whim to make the numbers up. Also in years gone by was the Bedfordshire League not classed as a UCL feeder ?.

The SML now has it's own step 7 league plus the Bedfordshire and Herts County feeding it's step 6 middle division. And then the North Bucks League and the Aylesbury & District feeding it's step 7 division, also can Wycombe & District clubs still join. Could at some point it get to many clubs?

petermiller36
First Team Sub

Jun 4, 2013, 4:44 PM

Team(s): Ware & AFC Wimbledon

Post #7 of 35 (8510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Premier loses - 3 - Dunstable Town, Aylesbury United and Haringey Borough - and it apparently due to run with 22 clubs again - so am I right in assuming that 3 are coming up from Div One - Crawley Green promoted from 4th place?

Hoddesdon Town are up. Andy Crawford (manager) confirmed it on Twitter.

Steps 4-7 Relegation and Promotion document:
http://bit.ly/PPG1819

UKPunk

Jun 4, 2013, 8:04 PM

Post #8 of 35 (8384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No, no, no. Not another reserve side admitted with Arlesey joining? When will the league learn this is wrong?

This is a trend that I believe will continue to grow. Do not be surprised if, within a few years, Man. United, Chelsea etc. have reserve sides in the Football League. Unsure

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

muzza2
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 4, 2013, 9:11 PM

Team(s): Burton Albion

Post #9 of 35 (8317 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
so I can't understand why New Bradwell have been relegated.

Any team that fails to win a game all season deserves to be relegated. I'm sure the club would want to be competing at a more suitable standard of football.

Games 780.5 (5) - Grounds - 214 (1) - Teams 397 (2)

Sarumio

Jun 4, 2013, 10:43 PM

Post #10 of 35 (8248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muzza2] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Any team that fails to win a game all season deserves to be relegated. I'm sure the club would want to be competing at a more suitable standard of football.

Regardless, if a division isn't full - you cannot relegate - they are effectively being demoted!!!

VP

Jun 4, 2013, 11:51 PM

Post #11 of 35 (8202 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Regardless, if a division isn't full - you cannot relegate -

Yes you can. Rules don't say the 21st and 22nd teams will be relegated, they say the bottom two. (The numbers may vary by league).
They don't have to offer reprieves just to keep things nice and tidy for people who like even numbers.

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 4, 2013, 11:57 PM)

Baldock_Town
Junior Team Star

Jun 5, 2013, 12:48 PM

Team(s): Baldock Town

Post #12 of 35 (8071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Baldock Town promoted only because they are playing at Hitchin Town's Top Field. I know, I know, rules state that they haven't moved there to gain a promotion place through the back door, however, the club have previously tried to gain promotion but their Norton Road gound was ruled inappropriate owing to the artificial pitch and caged surround. The club undertook a groundshare in order to move up the pyramid and low and behold, Top Field allows them to do that a year later.

So 'wrong' again. The FA should prevent teams moving out of their own town/immediate vicinity without a dedicated plan in place to relocate back to their geographical origins.

What makes you think that we don't have a plan to relocate back to the Town? Whilst I understand your argument, circumstances beyond our control have meant this is something we have had to do to progress. We want to play in Baldock, but as yet we have been unable to find any potential sites for a new facility in or around Town.

I would like to think that most of us are in Football to be successful and move forward - that is certainly all we are trying to do, but at this time we cannot do that in Baldock. We have earned the right on the pitch and had the rules changed to allow promotion to clubs down to fifth sooner, we could've been at Step 6 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Karen Browne
First Team Sub

Jun 5, 2013, 7:21 PM

Team(s): Welwyn Garden City

Post #13 of 35 (7912 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

The club requested to be relegated

Karen Browne
Spartan South Midlands League
Fixtures Officer

ladderman

Jun 6, 2013, 2:29 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #14 of 35 (7747 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I think you're being harsh on Baldock. The old club lost the lease on Norton Road under dubious circumstances and mainly due to the actions of an owner who ultimately didn't care. And their fans certainly fought to keep the ground The new club had a decent arrangement at the County Ground - but despite Herts FA being required in the lease to allow a club to play there, they were forced out. So what are they supposed to do? They've kept within the rules, they're not one of the "clubs" that pop up from nowhere, sharing at a ground from a higher level. They run a massive youth section, and they're genuinely a club for the town. They're not even in a league to make up numbers. They're in it on merit having finished in the top two of a step 7 league in successive seasons..

(This post was edited by ladderman on Jun 6, 2013, 2:33 PM)

Karen Browne
First Team Sub

Jun 6, 2013, 7:17 PM

Post #15 of 35 (7610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Proposed Constitution to be presented at the AGM on Saturday 22nd June 2013

PREMIER DIVISION (22 clubs)
AFC Dunstable, Ampthill Town, Berkhamsted, Biggleswade United, Cockfosters, Colney Heath, Hadley, Hanwell Town, Harefield United, Hatfield Town, Hertford Town, Hillingdon Borough, Hoddesdon Town, Holmer Green, Leverstock Green, London Colney, London Lions, London Tigers, Oxhey Jets, St Margaretsbury, Stotfold, Tring Athletic.

DIVISION ONE (20 clubs)
Amersham Town, Arlesey Town Reserves, Baldock Town, Bedford, Buckingham Athletic, Chesham United Reserves, Codicote, Crawley Green, FC Broxbourne Borough, Harpenden Town, Kentish Town, Kings Langley, Langford, Risborough Rangers, Southall, Stony Stratford Town, Sun Postal Sports, Welwym Garden City, Winslow United, Wodson Park.

DIVISION TWO (15 clubs)
Aston Clinton, Brimsdown, Caddington, Grendon Rangers, Hale Leys United, Kent Athletic, Mursley United, New Bradwell St Peter, Old Bradwell United, Pitstone & Ivinghoe, The 61FC (Luton), Totternhoe, Tring Corinthians, Willen, Wolverton Town.

RESERVE DIVISION ONE (16 clubs)
AFC Dunstable, Ampthill Town, Baldock Town, Cockfosters, Hadley, Hoddesdon Town, Holmer Green, Kent Athletic, Kings Langley, London Colney, London Lions, Oxhey Jets, Risborough Rangers, St Margaretsbury, The 61FC (Luton).

RESERVE DIVISION TWO (15 clubs)
Aston Clinton, Biggleswade United, Buckingham Athletic, Crawley Green, Langford, Mursley United, Old Bradwell United, Stony Stratford Town, Sun Postal Sports, Totternhoe, Tring Corinthians, Welwyn Garden City, Winslow United, Wodson Park, Wolverton Town.

Karen Browne
Fixtures Officer

acmold

Jun 6, 2013, 7:52 PM

Post #16 of 35 (7589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Willen straight from Milton Keynes Sunday League?

On "Find-A-Club" ground given as Portland Drive, saw Willen played there in the F.A. Sunday Cup in 1995/96.

Picked JRev up from MK Central Station if I recall correctly.

Martin9
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 6, 2013, 9:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 35 (7518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So 2 new teams in Div 1 (Baldock Town and Arlesey Town Reserves) and 3 new teams in Div 2 (Brimsdown, Grendon Rangers and Willen).
Haringey Borough gone from Prem Division to Essex Senior.
Cranfield have gone from Division 2 (anyone know where too ?).

Martin9
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 6, 2013, 9:48 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 35 (7512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Martin9] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So 2 new teams in Div 1 (Baldock Town and Arlesey Town Reserves) and 3 new teams in Div 2 (Brimsdown, Grendon Rangers and Willen).
Haringey Borough gone from Prem Division to Essex Senior.
Cranfield have gone from Division 2 (anyone know where too ?).

Just answered my own question (it's Bedfordshire League) see http://www.pitchero.com/...ds-leagu-955920.html.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Jun 6, 2013, 9:50 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town FC

Post #19 of 35 (7507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Martin9] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cranfield United voted to drop into the Bedfordshire league at their AGM on a split vote.

Some fans unhappy, as this quote from one of them shows, "What a shame 6-5 in votes 6 votes to drop out were made by reserve team manager (who play in the beds league),Treasurer who never watches a game and is stepping down,a chairman who refs in the beds league (who is stepping down) a ladies team player (ladies have folded),and a comittee member who hasnt been to a meeting for 4 months and is not into football ??? I hope the new commitee are at least into football in some way .When you read this hopefuly it will read as ridiculous as the decision that has been made is.".

Professional cretin.

ladderman

Jun 7, 2013, 7:41 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #20 of 35 (7411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Baldock reserves to play at Norton Road?

Haringey going to the ESL seemed only a matter of time

Karen Browne
First Team Sub

Jun 7, 2013, 8:17 AM

Post #21 of 35 (7391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Baldock reserves to play at Norton Road?

Yes

Karen Browne
Fixtures Officer

AbbeySec
Youth Team Sub

Jun 7, 2013, 2:17 PM

Team(s): Elstow Abbey, Rhyl, Coventry City

Post #22 of 35 (7224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Cranfield United voted to drop into the Bedfordshire league at their AGM on a split vote.

Some fans unhappy, as this quote from one of them shows, "What a shame 6-5 in votes 6 votes to drop out were made by reserve team manager (who play in the beds league),Treasurer who never watches a game and is stepping down,a chairman who refs in the beds league (who is stepping down) a ladies team player (ladies have folded),and a comittee member who hasnt been to a meeting for 4 months and is not into football ??? I hope the new commitee are at least into football in some way .When you read this hopefuly it will read as ridiculous as the decision that has been made is.".

This quote says it's from Lee Bearman their ex-manager who has gone to Bedford Town.

I'm guessing it's a financial reason as there is a lot of money paid out in Officials Fees at Step 6 let alone expenses (if they paid it). Cranfield didn't get massive crowds so would have been relying on the Bar Money to cover it I guess.

I imagine with the manager leaving that players will also go (although not many with him as he's gone up 3 Levels) so will be interesting to see what division they will be placed in. They haven't requested a domotion like Wootton Blue Cross so I presume it means they can't go into the Premier Division (Step 7). Reserves were in Division Two last season and finished 9th.

Sarumio

Jun 7, 2013, 2:27 PM

Post #23 of 35 (7216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AbbeySec] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

This quote says it's from Lee Bearman their ex-manager who has gone to Bedford Town.

I'm guessing it's a financial reason as there is a lot of money paid out in Officials Fees at Step 6 let alone expenses (if they paid it). Cranfield didn't get massive crowds so would have been relying on the Bar Money to cover it I guess.

I imagine with the manager leaving that players will also go (although not many with him as he's gone up 3 Levels) so will be interesting to see what division they will be placed in. They haven't requested a domotion like Wootton Blue Cross so I presume it means they can't go into the Premier Division (Step 7). Reserves were in Division Two last season and finished 9th.

Why can't they go into the Premier Division? They are asking for a demotion, in effect, aren't they? What did Wootton do differently to Cranfield?

AbbeySec
Youth Team Sub

Jun 7, 2013, 2:44 PM

Team(s): Elstow Abbey, Rhyl, Coventry City

Post #24 of 35 (7202 views)
Shortcut

Wootton actually applied to the FA within the required timescales.

Cranfield I presume didn't and just resigned from the SSMFL.

Just found the BCFL constitution on their website (see seperate thread) and Cranfield are in Div 2 (where there Reserves were) and Div 4 so looks like team has gone completely and starting up a new Reserves effectively.

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2013, 10:51 AM

Post #25 of 35 (5796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AbbeySec] Spartan South Midlands League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Last season, London Lions played midweek/floodlit games at Hemel’s ground, as Rowley Lane was not up to required standard. Is this actually a ground share, or the renting of facilities to overcome a specific issue, which is slightly different?

Does anyone know what the arrangement will be this season and if it would satisfy rules on ground sharing and promotion?

Just curious, seeing as the SSML AGM is on Saturday 22nd June 2013

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3