Post showing up as another user's post?

stourboy
First Team Star

Jun 2, 2013, 12:08 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #1 of 8 (4188 views)
Shortcut
Post showing up as another user's post? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anybody take a look or am I dreaming?

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/...i?post=499511#499511

I wrote this reply to Jon M's post about Oxford City, but when I posted it and I was redirected to the post, it showed up as Jon M's post. No amount of refreshing would change it, and I even had Edit/Delete options showing up on both the reply I made and Jon M's previous post.

I logged out and back in again, and whilst the Edit/Delete options were gone it's still showing as a Jon M post?

I tried posting in another thread and this time it came up as a 100% Stourboy post.

Can anyone else go to the link and see if it shows up as my post? Or am I going mad? Crazy

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 2, 2013, 1:33 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 8 (4176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] Post showing up as another user's post? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Coming up as Jon.
Similar things have happened before, I have been able to post as a few different people.
More worrying was last time with Molders ID I could see all his private details, indeed changed his avatar to show what could be done.
Problem still persists.
We did discuss on here somewhere !

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 16 / 15 / 1 / inc 1 x 0-0. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 07 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-3-4-2). Lux = 0-3. Neth-= 0-0-0-(2 - 2).

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

stourboy
First Team Star

Jun 2, 2013, 2:48 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Post showing up as another user's post? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that; nice to know I haven't gone totally insane yet Wink

UKPunk

Jun 2, 2013, 10:26 PM

Post #4 of 8 (4131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] Post showing up as another user's post? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You haven't. It says it's Jon's post on my PC as well.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 3, 2013, 10:07 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 8 (4098 views)
Shortcut

This has been discussed before. Jamesie had posted this previously:

Just a little heads up about an issue that has just cropped up, which I think everyone should be aware of.

A member of this board posted a link to another message on the board, and after clicking the link it directs the user to the post, however it also directed you to the post from within this person's account - giving anyone unlimited access to the user's PMs, posting and profile facilities. It is an easy mistake to make, and one that can easily be corrected.

When posting a link from the Non League Matters Forum, ensure the URL ends with the post number.
I.E
http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/...orum.cgi?post=382806
Any session ID or other data can easily be deleted and still allow the link to work. If in doubt, preview post first.

stourboy
First Team Star

Jun 6, 2013, 5:43 PM

Post #6 of 8 (3975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Post showing up as another user's post? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pretty poor that the forum software can have glitches like that in; I didn't attempt to look at his account but I could potentially have seen his details which is a pretty alarming state of affairs.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 6, 2013, 6:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 8 (3971 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Pretty poor that the forum software can have glitches like that in; I didn't attempt to look at his account but I could potentially have seen his details which is a pretty alarming state of affairs.

It's very old forum software that is no longer developed or updated.

I did offer to replace it with VBulletin some time ago but since there is no script around to import the user data and posts from this forum to a new one there was great resistance to any such change.

KnowYourMarket

Jun 7, 2013, 11:32 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #8 of 8 (3922 views)
Shortcut

There isn't anything in anyone's profile that is of use to anyone anyway.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3