Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Archive: Other British Isles Football:
Airbus and Prestatyn Town

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

May 8, 2013, 7:52 AM

Post #1 of 10 (7292 views)
Shortcut
Airbus and Prestatyn Town Can't Post or Reply Privately

Congratulations on achieving European Football for the first time

Tim Johnson

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 8, 2013, 9:48 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 10 (7278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Airbus and Prestatyn Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Indeed,i was at the final on Monday and it was great listening to the Prestatyn fans singing about going on a European tour..

Steelback
First Team Star

May 9, 2013, 8:58 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #3 of 10 (7196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Airbus and Prestatyn Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does 1 game count as a tour Wink

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 9, 2013, 10:22 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4 of 10 (7189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Airbus and Prestatyn Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does 1 game count as a tour Wink

Absolutely not and thats all its likely to be but it was good,Bangor had a few idiot fans at Wrexham on Monday who thought they only had to turn up,im not really up on Welsh football but sat with Prestatyn fans and it meant so much to emSmile

ArchieB
First Team Sub

May 19, 2013, 12:22 AM

Team(s): Pollok, Man City, Schalke04

Post #5 of 10 (7011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Airbus and Prestatyn Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Amazing!

First football game I ever paid to watch was back in 1966-7 at Bastion Road, Prestatyn v Blaenau Ffestiniog in the Welsh League (North). And now they're in Europe. Unbelieveable!

Awa' and bile yer heid, ya Sassenach!

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

May 19, 2013, 8:31 AM

Post #6 of 10 (6992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArchieB] Airbus and Prestatyn Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes congratulations to Bala. Saw all their 3 play off games.

With regard to all 3 chances this year it will all depend on the draw. If you look at the fantastic Bert Kassies site you will see there are quite a number of clubs at the lower seeded end that gives the Welsh clubs at least a 50/50 chance of progression.

Tim Johnson

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

May 19, 2013, 9:38 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #7 of 10 (6983 views)
Shortcut

Yes, brilliant to see three new teams qualifying for Europe.

Presumably all three will be unable to host their home legs, and so Prestatyn will play at Rhyl and Bala at Wrexham / Bangor (?). Would Airbus be allowed to play at Chester's ground, even though it technically is English? It would make more sense for them than Wrexham.

RussWWFC
First Team Star

May 19, 2013, 10:16 AM

Team(s): Wycombe Wanderers

Post #8 of 10 (6974 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Yes congratulations to Bala. Saw all their 3 play off games.

With regard to all 3 chances this year it will all depend on the draw. If you look at the fantastic Bert Kassies site you will see there are quite a number of clubs at the lower seeded end that gives the Welsh clubs at least a 50/50 chance of progression.

Tim Johnson

Had a great day with the 'Ultras' at Port Talbot Town, was disappointed that they didn't go through. Was my first taste of WPL football

But I am planning to go to Wales for a European game this summer

Visit my Blog - The Wycombe Wanderer
Follow me on Twitter @RussWWFC

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

May 19, 2013, 11:28 AM

Post #9 of 10 (6960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Airbus and Prestatyn Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My understanding is Bala will play at Bangor Prestatyn at Rhyl and Airbus at Wrexham. Wrexham have used Airbus ground for reserve games and have offered them the use of the Racecourse.

Airbus would not be allowed to play at Chester. Mouscron in Belgium wanted to play games at Lille in France which is close by and much larger capacity but were not allowed to.

The Port Talbot Ultras are great and have also given great support to Barry Town as shown by their Viva Barry Town United banner

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on May 19, 2013, 11:31 AM)

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

May 20, 2013, 12:59 PM

Post #10 of 10 (6894 views)
Shortcut

Now confirmed on Bala Town website they will play at Rhyl

If Prestatyn are also at Rhyl my assumption is that if both are drawn at home on the same day Prestatyn will have priority due to being Cup Winners

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on May 20, 2013, 1:07 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3