Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Archive: Other British Isles Football:
Buncrana bites dust.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 6, 2013, 10:52 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 2 (7290 views)
Shortcut
Buncrana bites dust. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hearts leave the Ulster League.

THE Ulster Senior League Executive Committee were due to convene last night, Thursday (4th April) , to discuss the possible restructuring of fixtures for the forthcoming season after it was confirmed Buncrana Hearts pulled out of the league.
Despite paying their affiliation fees for the new season, rumours have been rife in recent weeks that the Inishowen club were considering withdrawing from the league.
Buncrana, who won the league in 1992/93, were one of the founding members of the Ulster Senior League when it was formed 27 years ago and speaking to the Donegal News this week, League Secretary Mark Duffy admitted it was a blow to lose a club that has shared such a longstanding relationship with the USL.
“From a league point of view, it’s very disappointing because Buncrana was one of the founding members of the league back in 1986,” said Duffy.
“Buncrana is probably the second biggest town in the county so it’s disappointing they don’t have an Intermediate team – I know there’s Cockhill – but it must be a blow to all involved. “From what I understand they’ve been struggling to put out a team. I think they’ve had players who have been forced to emigrate in search of employment, as well as several not available due to college commitments, so it seems like an economic factor as much as anything. On behalf of the league, I’d like to wish them all the best in the future.”
The USL had seen the number of teams rise from 9 to 10 with the return of a second string Finn Harps team, which paved the way for a return to a two series of fixtures after last season saw teams play each other three times.
However, Buncrana’s withdrawal now means the Executive Committee must decide what to do with the fixtures for the new season, which begins in earnest next weekend with the start of the Donegal News League-Cup before the League itself gets underway on the final weekend of April.
“The League-Cup won’t really be affected,” added Duffy. “It just means one group will now have four teams and the other will remain at five, but we’ll have to meet to discuss what we do with the league fixtures.”
Buncrana are now the second team in as many years to withdraw from the USL following the departure of Killea at the start of last season.
Earlier this week, club secretary Paddy Corr released a short statement on behalf of the club, which read: “Buncrana Hearts FC wish to regrettably announce that it will not be fielding a team in the Ulster Senior League this season. The club intend to apply to the Inishowen League to field a 1st and reserve side in their competitions for the 2013-14 season. The Club will continue teams in all age groups in the Inishowen Youth League.”

Fixtures are out minus Buncrana =

http://www.uslfootball.com/..._n_i_o_r_l_e_a_g_u_e

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 6, 2013, 8:26 PM

Post #2 of 2 (7264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Buncrana bites dust. [In reply to] Can't Post or

You really have to wonder how long the USL will survive before going the way of the defunct Connacht Senior League.

Fortunately, from my experience both the Donegal and Inishowen are reasonable leagues with quite a few impressive grounds with smart clubhouses, lights etc. whereas the USL seems to have stagnated over the last few years.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3