First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 8, 2013, 9:48 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #1 of 56 (2909 views)
Shortcut
Vicky Pryce Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oh Vicky what have you done?the former wife of disgracesd cabined minister Chris Huhne spent years yearing for revenge after her hubby left her for a tranny,finally cracking she goes to the sunday times revealing all about speeding points that she took for him donkeys years ago.This woman is a leading economist and government advisor so how she thought she could drop him in it without any risk to herself is beyond me

Obviously not a fan of this forum otherwise one look at our very own Don Quixotes signature line would have surely made her think againSly

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 8, 2013, 10:50 AM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #2 of 56 (2898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

She looks lacking a certain XY chromosome too.

What did Archer get for the same, four years no? Although he was guilty on more
than one count.

I'm sure the Dykes of Holloway will be preparing VP's welcome party as we speak...Tongue

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

kirby knitters

Mar 8, 2013, 11:01 AM

Post #3 of 56 (2893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Dykes of Holloway are already giving April Casburn such a hard time her brother is handing in his UK passport to become a German citizen.And of course they may well be getting a visit from Rebecca Brookes in the near futureSly

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 8, 2013, 11:07 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #4 of 56 (2892 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Oh Vicky what have you done?the former wife of disgracesd cabined minister Chris Huhne spent years yearing for revenge after her hubby left her for a tranny,finally cracking she goes to the sunday times revealing all about speeding points that she took for him donkeys years ago.This woman is a leading economist and government advisor so how she thought she could drop him in it without any risk to herself is beyond me

Obviously not a fan of this forum otherwise one look at our very own Don Quixotes signature line would have surely made her think againSly

I think you may have misunderstood the status of Huhne's latest squeeze. She is a bisexual (although why it is necessary for every newspaper report to mention this fact is beyond me) rather than a 'tranny', although looking at a photo of her in today's paper it is an easy mistake to make.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 8, 2013, 11:17 AM

Post #5 of 56 (2889 views)
Shortcut

Carina Trimingham could be Vasiliki's sister Shocked

Didn't realise Casburn was in Holloway...would have thought
that given her 'status', she
would be given an easy ride (no pun intended) at an open
nick somewhere.

Poor old Becky...she could be finding out the true meaning
of the 'Millwall brick' shortly....ouch Unimpressed

AndyE
First Team Star

Mar 8, 2013, 2:51 PM

Team(s): Chatham Town

Post #6 of 56 (2859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think you may have misunderstood the status of Huhne's latest squeeze. She is a bisexual (although why it is necessary for every newspaper report to mention this fact is beyond me) rather than a 'tranny', although looking at a photo of her in today's paper it is an easy mistake to make.

As for Ms Pryce, she is understood now to be in a relationship with a former Labour MP named Denis MacShane (who used to be married to the late newsreader Carol Barnes). Mr McShane is currently under investigation for claiming 125,000 on expenses to convert his garage into an office. She does pick 'em ...

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 8, 2013, 10:58 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #7 of 56 (2814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Should Pryce and Huhne go to jail for doing nothing more than totting up a few speeding points and lying about it? I may be the only person on the forum who thinks not.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Mar 9, 2013, 12:32 AM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #8 of 56 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Both guilty of perverting the course of justice. CPS run up a six figure bill prosecuting Huhne who continually denied any wrongdoing but then pleaded guilty when he had no option and lastly Vicky Pryce taking the points stopped Huhne getting a ban from driving, so yes they shoud spend some time at Her Majesty's pleasure, unlikely to be too long but IMO justified.

Isaac

Mar 9, 2013, 7:02 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #9 of 56 (2781 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Should Pryce and Huhne go to jail for doing nothing more than totting up a few speeding points and lying about it? I may be the only person on the forum who thinks not.

I don't think so, surely community service is far more appropriate?

jon b
First Team Star

Mar 9, 2013, 8:32 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #10 of 56 (2766 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Breaking the law, then conspiring together and lying through their teeth. No sympathy at all.

What I do find strange is that these two are going down for arrogant stupidity but no-one has served even the mildest community sentence for their part in the 96 deaths at Hillsborough. Shocked

kirby knitters

Mar 9, 2013, 9:06 AM

Post #11 of 56 (2760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think that a good few could be heading inside after the court cases that are bound to follow investigations regarding Hillsborough.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 9, 2013, 10:29 AM

Post #12 of 56 (2742 views)
Shortcut

...or 'death row' for 21 Egyptian fans Shocked

TempWorksCo
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 10, 2013, 7:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 56 (2666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I don't think so, surely community service is far more appropriate?

Grounds visited - A few
Wetherspoons visited - Not many
Ales tasted - Loads

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Mar 11, 2013, 2:24 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #14 of 56 (2600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TempWorksCo] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hear hear,

I haven't heard the verdict yet but it's likely to be imprisonment.

Frankly, I really think we imprison too many people. And it's not just about a "middle class" crime. Whatever custodial sentence they get, it's not going to help, it's going to cost the taxpayer vast amounts of money. and frankly they could better be employed and could contribute far more by doing unpaid community service.

There's an issue with our ageing population. What better way to serve your sentence than, for example, changing the bedpans, washing and dressing them, making sure they're ok, rather than employing filipinas to do the job.

Ultimately, I think that prison should be a punishment for those who deserve to be removed from, and are a danger to, normal society. Otherwise, why not use the skills of those who have committed crimes to the benefit of society as a whole? They should build things, teach things, do things which would actually contribute. And it would be so much cheaper.

UKPunk

Mar 11, 2013, 2:33 PM

Post #15 of 56 (2596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Frankly, I really think we imprison too many people.

I think it's more a case of imprisoning the wrong people. As you said, if a criminal is not likely to be a danger to society as a whole and has some skills why not employ them by using those skills as part of their community service? By contrast I'd like to see repeat offenders of violent crime given longer sentences because, in my view, if a first custodial sentence has failed to teach them that a life of violence is not the way to live then at the very least the law has a duty to protect the rest of us by taking them off the streets for a lengthy period.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

acmold

Mar 11, 2013, 2:41 PM

Post #16 of 56 (2593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or

This is our case of people who should not be imprisoned

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/...jailed_after_appeal/

Fanatic
First Team Star

Mar 11, 2013, 3:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 56 (2582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think a jail sentence is deserved here. I agree that by and large, people who are not a danger to society should not be imprisoned, but I think in cases where people have committed a crime AND attempted to pervert the course of justice, then it is serious enough to warrant prison.

Perhaps to save the government money, people could be charged for their time in jail (which I believe this happens in some US states). The money could be deducted from their future salary like a student loan.

(This post was edited by Fanatic on Mar 11, 2013, 3:27 PM)

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Mar 11, 2013, 4:17 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #18 of 56 (2570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Frankly, I really think we imprison too many people.

I think it's more a case of imprisoning the wrong people. As you said, if a criminal is not likely to be a danger to society as a whole and has some skills why not employ them by using those skills as part of their community service? By contrast I'd like to see repeat offenders of violent crime given longer sentences because, in my view, if a first custodial sentence has failed to teach them that a life of violence is not the way to live then at the very least the law has a duty to protect the rest of us by taking them off the streets for a lengthy period.

Don't get me wrong - I think it depends on the crime, not on the skills of the person who has commiited it. Just because you're a famous film director, for example, should not count for anything in a kiddy fiddling case, for example (can't imagine who I'm thinking of). As far as I'm concerned, you should have gone down, Roman, no matter what.

And don't necessarily give them an easier time because they have "easier" skills, because everyone can change a bedpan. But why not find a way to benefit from people's skills, while still keeping things fair? I can think of a couple.

Stoned_Prof
Youth Team Star

Mar 11, 2013, 5:21 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #19 of 56 (2557 views)
Shortcut

I would agree that prison isn't always the best option, but I don't consider perverting the course of justice to be a minor offence as it undermines the rule of law, which is of utmost importance. Therefore, I would say that a custodial sentence is appropriate, although the length should take into account the seriousness of the individual case. Obviously, helping someone avoid points on their driving license is less serious than helping someone get away with murder.

In general, though, I would like to see community service used more as an alternative to fines for minor offences and as an alternative to prison for non-dangerous criminals. As has been said, while dangerous criminals need to be kept off the streets, many non-violent ones do not need to be sent to prison and it can be counterproductive (loss of job, mixing with more hardened criminals etc.). Far better to get them to undo, wherever possible, the damage that they have done, or if not possible, to do good elsewhere. As for fines, the problem I have with these is that they penalise the poor far more than the rich whereas community service affects everyone equally and is arguably more beneficial anyway. To someone with a low income, a 100 fine for littering might be a month's food (the loss of which might lead them to turn to crime to pay for food), whereas to someone on a high income, it might just be loose change. A day's community service (picking up litter, ideally) would cost both rich and poor the same amount of time and therefore would be a deterrent for both as well as being of benefit to the community at large.

Not sure about making prisoners pay back the cost of their prison term. While there does seem to be a certain inherent fairness to the idea, we must be careful to ensure that gaining employment is of benefit for released prisoners. It would also encourage prisons to abandon any attempt to control their budgets if they think they can just get the prisoners to pay unlimited amounts upon release. On the other hand, it would be something of a "payment by results" system, as more successful rehabilitation would make it more likely for the ex-prisoner to pay a greater proportion of the money more quickly.

To help Maidstone United come home, and for up to 49 chances to win 1000 for a one-off payment of 6.99, please join the Maidstone United Virtual Stadium:
http://www.maidstoneunitedvirtualstadium.com/...tration.aspx?r=00224

(This post was edited by Stoned_Prof on Mar 11, 2013, 5:23 PM)

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 11, 2013, 5:22 PM

Post #20 of 56 (2555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stoned_Prof] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So eight months it is then - probably three - for her to learn all about 'five a day'.

Just seen he got the same, hence edit.

Thinking about it, for their crime, is it really in the public interest to send both down?
Don't think so personally.

Wonder which one will find God first?

(This post was edited by DonQuixote on Mar 11, 2013, 5:34 PM)

garethwrexy

Mar 11, 2013, 6:02 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #21 of 56 (2541 views)
Shortcut

she has been sent to hollaway apprently.

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 11, 2013, 6:18 PM

Post #22 of 56 (2533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Vicky Pryce [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was that her venue of choice Garth? Tongue

Bit strong for perjury, no? Maybe that's her holding base before she's
moved to a 'softer' option.

A mate of mine got sent down for money laundering a few years back
and he spent his first night in Brixton.
Scariest 24 hours of his life apparently before doing an 18-month apprenticeship
growing sugar beet on the isle of Sheppey...

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Mar 11, 2013, 6:35 PM

Post #23 of 56 (2527 views)
Shortcut

My point exactly.

Whether they're Chris Huhne, ex cabinet minister, and Vicky Price, or Chris Price, ex cabinet maker and his ex-squeeze Vicky Huhne, why clutter up the prisons with them? As I've said, they've done the deed and their careers have been shot. Why not find some other way in which they could contribute to society to atonw?

Incidentally, don't know of anyone who has, but I can't imagine that no-one else has ever taken someone's three points on the chin, and then lied about it afterwards. Irrespective of Cabinet ministers or divorce proceedings... if it was your mate who had done it, would you feel that 8 months was a fair result?

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 11, 2013, 6:51 PM

Post #24 of 56 (2521 views)
Shortcut

I thought that my aforementioned mate got well and truly
shafted, with his stretch
being meted out for less than a quarter of a mill.

The establishment always take it personally when there's money involved..
Biggs, Edwards, Reynolds and co being a case in question.

Isaac

Mar 11, 2013, 7:46 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #25 of 56 (2503 views)
Shortcut

Well we can all sleep easy in our beds tonight knowing these two are behind bars.

Seriously though I agree with those who advocated community service and its not an easy option, why spend a small fortune keeping them behind bars? I don't condone what they did but I don't suppose they are the first couple to lie over a speeding fine.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3